Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

he is a ball dominants guard, or rather, he plays like one or at least presents himself to be one. If that's the role you want, then yes, I expect you do do the things that ball dominant guards do

i've said this a few times, he needs to be able to initiate the offense in the half court setting when the fastbreak opportunities arent there.

he is no threat to drive, score, or even pass out of driving to an open shooter.

BUT

if he wants to be a catch and shoot player, then yes, please continue to get better at that.

Hes not ball dominant on this team. Hell, I complained about him not getting enough minutes the entire year and the whole Point Zion thing too.

Hes not ball dominant on this team. Hell, I complained about him not getting enough minutes the entire year and the whole Point Zion thing too.

yes he is Dwayne

im not sure how you can say this

he avg 31.8 MPG this past year in 55 games played

For comparison, Zion averaged 33.2 in 61 games played

When he is inserted into the starting lineup as a PG and gets the ball to initiate the offense, how is that not being ball dominant?

I'm really trying my hardest to not look for no stat that shows how much time he averages with the ball in his hand in a 24 sec shot clock

I'll even say this, Bledsoe was even ball dominant when he would get the ball and just pound that rock into the pavement, drive to the basket, pump fake pump fake, then throw it out at the last sec for someone to take a bad shot.

BUT, answer this..what is wrong with lonzo moving off the ball and setting up to catch and shoot in the half court sets?

Copied from twitter? I am confused by this question.
Who is a Lonzo hater? Let's start here.

Your response is usually the ones from "longlivemamba248" on twitter when someone even remotely suggests that Lonzo still has improvements in his game to make. They start just saying everyone is a hater of him. I'm just trying to understand.

I'm all for jokes and whatnot but I don't think me calling him ball dominant even if I'm "wrong" or you don't agree, is a matter of me hating on him.

The floor is yours

So jokes it is

Understood
Lol. U said “your move” in the other thread, I gave u a reply and all I got was a “ok”.

Now I get a “The floor is yours”, lol, I won’t be wasting my time this go around.

Already told u I don’t want war today, lol. Have a nice day bro.

Lol. U said “your move” in the other thread, I gave u a reply and all I got was a “ok”.

Now I get a “The floor is yours”, lol, I won’t be wasting my time this go around.

Have a nice day bro.
I laid out my reasons in this thread, you took the convo to another thread when you could've just had the discussion in here

I'm not a person who is married to one train of thought once additional information is presented. This not a contest for me to see who right. We watch the same games and have differing opinions which I thought was ok.

I said ok in the other thread again cause I thought the convo should've taken place here where it started and it appeared that my comments were taken out of context it or is possible i didn't do a good job of explaining my position.

I don't do either/or here or irl.

But I guess if this is the end of the back and forth, lemme say this just so that my position is clear

-i like Lonzo

-i think Dwayne might be higher on him than I am, which should be ok. I don't think I've ever called him wrong for his opinion, and if I have, I'll take this time to apologize to @Dwayne

-i do not like the idea of having to pay Lonzo 20+M.

-i do want to see him continue to take the next leap as a player

-I'm intrigued at the thought of him being a legit 3rd option but seeing how the rest of the roster is going to shape up will ultimately decide this I guess

These things are true, so if you or anyone else reads that and think I'm hating on him, idk what else to say

I COME IN PEACE.......

What have u guys thought of Valanciunas? I really liked the way he played against the Bulls. His offensive versatility and aggression will make things easier for Zion.

Was high on Murphy before the draft and wanted the Lakers to take him. Nice to see him shining.

# longlivemamba248

I COME IN PEACE.......

What have u guys thought of Valanciunas? I really liked the way he played against the Bulls. His offensive versatility and aggression will make things easier for Zion.

Was high on Murphy before the draft and wanted the Lakers to take him. Nice to see him shining.

# longlivemamba248
Loving what I'm seeing on Val and Murphy

I COME IN PEACE.......

# longlivemamba248
Val has really taken me by surprise.

His passing is amazing. He was making perfect passes on cuts to the basket. His dribble hand offs are also pretty damn good. He appears to have some very high IQ and excellent touch around the rim as well

Back