Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Good article and it echos my sentiments regarding his game.

Lonzo Ball came a long way. In the early 2000s, Lonzo would be a fringe all-star PG with 15/7/8 40 percent from the field, 33 percent from 3 and 65 percent from the free throw line. It wouldn't be pretty but he would be a star.

Good for him to understand that he might not have the ball in his hands so having a J is important. I think his best position would be playing SG beside someone like Luka as a secondary playmaker. Lonzo is athletic enough to get easy buckets on cuts and leak outs. He can shoot C&S threes. He doesn't have to worry about running the PnR or ball handling as much.

If he wants to be the man, he needs to get way better on the ball. He needs a PnR game. A floater and a midrange pull up he can get to would make him an all-star caliber guard.

Naw. You ain’t gon get away with not posting this year stats to compare a 9 year to a improving 4th year player that put up almost 15 a game this year along with literally being better at EVERYTHING than Elf.

Like I said. Top 3 terrible takes and just keep adding to it.

I thought you was gon start fresh this off season but instead you still on the same train.

You hate to see it

Lonzo Ball came a long way. In the early 2000s, Lonzo would be a fringe all-star PG with 15/7/8 40 percent from the field, 33 percent from 3 and 65 percent from the free throw line. It wouldn't be pretty but he would be a star.

Good for him to understand that he might not have the ball in his hands so having a J is important. I think his best position would be playing SG beside someone like Luka as a secondary playmaker. Lonzo is athletic enough to get easy buckets on cuts and leak outs. He can shoot C&S threes. He doesn't have to worry about running the PnR or ball handling as much.

If he wants to be the man, he needs to get way better on the ball. He needs a PnR game. A floater and a midrange pull up he can get to would make him an all-star caliber guard.
LaMelo is already better than Lonzo imo which is wild af to me

Naw. You ain’t gon get away with not posting this year stats to compare a 9 year to a improving 4th year player that put up almost 15 a game this year along with literally being better at EVERYTHING than Elf.

Like I said. Top 3 terrible takes and just keep adding to it.

I thought you was gon start fresh this off season but instead you still on the same train.

You hate to see it
That’s career stats though…

I also didn’t say Elfrid was better than lonzo

I compared him to a similar player

Good to see smart folks finally talking basketball about Lonzo the right way. Too much hot takes on social media.

Wouldn't mind Lonzo back but not at his and Rich Paul price tag

Zion bitching from last season till now is some extra sad shit to see if im being honest. Makes me side eye dude

Zion bitching from last season till now is some extra sad shit to see if im being honest. Makes me side eye dude
i think its his family more than him

his mama tried to get a theater room installed in a house thats deemed a historical landmark or some shit

i wouldnt be surprised if it was his stepdad that was putting that shit out there. I truly believe Zion wants to win in NOLA but he also might be frustrated at the same time cause they were on the cusp of making the playoffs then they didnt.

But he has to still make some huge improvements defensively as the face of the team and not have it as a goal to be in play in games every year only to lose in the first round. The goal has to be getting a good seed and not scrapping to make the playoffs

@Dwayne,

do you think this is a fair assessment??

The assessment is weird because its not his strong suit as of now.

You want him to drive more. I want him to continue to get better. Its not a knock on him that he dont attack the hoop more because hes not playing to his strength if he is ranked last at actually finishing there. That will come with more opportunities and better spacing.

I bet those numbers go up this upcoming season on or off this team.

The assessment is weird because its not his strong suit as of now.

You want him to drive more. I want him to continue to get better. Its not a knock on him that he dont attack the hoop more because hes not playing to his strength if he ranked last at actually finishing there. That will come with more opportunities and better spacing.

I bet those numbers go up this upcoming season

he is a ball dominants guard, or rather, he plays like one or at least presents himself to be one. If that's the role you want, then yes, I expect you do do the things that ball dominant guards do

i've said this a few times, he needs to be able to initiate the offense in the half court setting when the fastbreak opportunities arent there.

he is no threat to drive, score, or even pass out of driving to an open shooter.

BUT

if he wants to be a catch and shoot player, then yes, please continue to get better at that.

Back