Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Thunder was the other team I was forgetting

Didn't count the miami loss because I can count on Eric to coach a win if it came down to it but what a way to incorporate the heat in a discussion where they weren't mentioned

You take a break from the site and the caw caw's break up
At this point, we only seem to come together after wins. When it's ugly like it was last night, here comes the bickering and being impatient.

I didn't see the game but I read it was horrible and while I'm dissatisfied with the effort, I have to put things into context and adjust expectations.

7 game road trip. Game every other night. No practice time to really dedicate to fixing issues. Played the top 3 teams in the WC. Played one of those 2x.

Idk how many teams in a similar situation as the Pelicans would've done that much better. And by similar I mean similar roster dynamics and expectations placed on them.

If they get back to .500 over the next few games, these losses will be a thing of the past but they have to get there first

SVG said that it was intentional. He wanted to keep the rotation short. Said JJ would be back in the lineup very shortly. Maybe tonight
Oh, ok. But with them having a big win over the Bucks, why would he revert back to something that was not working?

Oh, ok. But with them having a big win over the Bucks, why would he revert back to something that was not working?
Only thing I can think of is matchup purposes or trying to let Zo/bledsoe get that trade value up lol

I think if Houston goes small ball,JJ gonna eat.

I've been probably one of the most optimistic people about this team despite the struggles but last night was just.... It was horrible.

I understand the Houston loss. You give up 40+ points in a quarter, you're probably not going to win but last night???

13 pts in the entire 4th, Zion takes one shot, and Fox outscored the entire Pelicans team is just unacceptable. I hope a move gets made before the week is out. Something has to change

For all the play Zion at the 5 folks. You might be slightly better offensively but this is what you would have on the defensive end at this stage in his career. Be careful what you wish for.

Toheeb, do you think lonzo should be shooting 10 3s a game?

Serious question

Fwiw, Pelicans are 6-8 as of tonight on nationally televised games. They've lost the 8 games by an average of 10pts.

To me, without any other context,I would blame this on turnovers and points off turnovers.

Back