Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

Who said he’s perfect. He’s still a young player.

Bledsoe needs to go. Him and ball ain’t working and I rather have ball and see what can happen with him them a bum ass Bledsoe.

We have no coaching no direction and it’s showing with our young players
He is getting in Lonzo's way, but i dont think he "needs" to go. I agree with your idea of moving him to the bench, will give Lonzo more opportunity to play-make, provide more spacing and give the bench some scoring punch.

You say is showing on the young players? Who?

Kira and Naw combined for 19 drives to the basket with no turnovers. I think that's a pretty great step in the right direction. Hayes has been trending upwards over the past two weeks with his rebounding on both ends.

Naw scored 30+ in his 3rd career start

No one says he's perfect so let's stop right there.

But you keep excusing his shortcomings hoping he'll get better instead of acknowledging that they are holding him and the team back.

They definitely have a direction but it's ok to say you don't know what that direction is or you think they should be doing something else.

You said the team didn't have a direction with Gentry, which I also disagreed with but here you are again citing lack of direction for the teams unfortunate bad start.

Lonzos inability to be a driving threat is part of the teams struggle in the half court sets. This isn't an opinion.
What do u want to happen to Lonzo? Trade him, extend him, let him go in free agency?

He is getting in Lonzo's way, but i dont think he "needs" to go. I agree with your idea of moving him to the bench, will give Lonzo more opportunity to play-make, provide more spacing and give the bench some scoring punch.
Lonzo not play making which is the problem whether it's starting or coming off the bench

@Dwayne if Lonzo and Rich Paul asks for a 4 years 75 mill contract you extending him when you got NAW and Kira Lewis in the back? Fuck Bledsoe, he gonna be gone soon, let's focus on Lonzo

What do u want to happen to Lonzo? Trade him, extend him, let him go in free agency?
They probably need to cut ties with him and give those minutes to Naw and Kira. Pelicans not winning anything this year and the sooner people accept that, the better. So what if they make a play in. How far are they going to get?

I'm being a realist right now. You can't say develop the young players then get impatient when the team does that.

NAW is cool. Nira is just another player that don’t provide spacing.

We go all these players and not 1 can shot. We working backwards.

All of Bledsoe minutes should go to NAW and all NAW minutes should go to Kira.

Bledsoe needs to go frfr

They probably need to cut ties with him and give those minutes to Naw and Kira. Pelicans not winning anything this year and the sooner people accept that, the better. So what if they make a play in. How far are they going to get?

I'm being a realist right now. You can't say develop the young players then get impatient when the team does that.
Why does none of these apply to Lonzo? He is only 23. Are u saying he is done getting better?

NAW is cool. Nira is just another player that don’t provide spacing.

We go all these players and not 1 can shot. We working backwards.

All of Bledsoe minutes should go to NAW and all NAW minutes should go to Kira.

Bledsoe needs to go frfr
How is Kira a player that doesn't provide spacing? Kira in his limited minutes is near the top of the team in potential assists. He drives to the paint and kicks it out to shooters who shots just aren't falling but they are good shots. Not only does he drive, he can attack with the intent to score. And are you comparing a 19 yr old 13th pick to a 4yr player in Lonzo?

Hart btw is near his career average in 3s when while somewhat struggling. He needs to shoot the ball instead of pump faking. The shots will eventually start to fall.

JJ is taking the same looks at shots he took last season. They just aren't falling although he's had some better shooting games lately?

Melli has been ass, no way around it

How is Kira a player that doesn't provide spacing? Kira in his limited minutes is near the top of the team in potential assists. He drives to the paint and kicks it out to shooters who shots just aren't falling but they are good shots. Not only does he drive, he can attack with the intent to score. And are you comparing a 19 yr old 13th pick to a 4yr player in Lonzo?

Hart btw is near his career average in 3s when while somewhat struggling. He needs to shoot the ball instead of pump faking. The shots will eventually start to fall.

JJ is taking the same looks at shots he took last season. They just aren't falling although he's had some better shooting games lately?

Melli has been ass, no way around it

What shooters?

Why does none of these apply to Lonzo? He is only 23. Are u saying he is done getting better?
I'm saying Lonzo has shown me that for what he thinks he's worth, he's not for this team. So is he automatically going to start driving to the paint when he gets extended?

Lonzo has the ball in his hands the most on the team, yet, for a "point guard" does not drive the ball to the goal with the intent to score and doesn't have a decent floater or mid range to be a threat on the off chance he does actually drive.

Lonzo stands around the 3pt line looking to shoot. I'm not opposed to this if he starts to find his rhythm again but he also needs to move without the ball.

He is super deficient in all these things I listed... NOW in year 4 and wants to be paid like FVV? Only him and Klutch thinks he's gonna get that.

Lonzo at best is Ricky Rubio and at worse is MCW. It's 2021, point guards these days have to be able to get 20 a game and a shoot a 3 if they are to be someone to build around. The days of your PG simply running the offense is gone and passing the ball around is gone.

The Pelicans kinda fucked up the development of Lonzo and Zion by getting Adams. Lonzo and Zion aren't shooters nor shotcreators nor halfcourt playmakers. Then you add Adams who can't space the floor. Bledsoe should will be brought out, he ain't staying there. Lonzo like all PGs that can't shoot or score at will need to be built around like a franchise player if he is going to start in the NBA. Zion needs to be built around because he is 6'6 and can't shoot, which means everybody else around him, particular the Center has to be able to defend and shoot. Lonzo and Zion aren't plug and play players like a KD or Kyrie Irving or a Steph.

Who I really feel bad for is Brandon Ingram, because it is like OKC all over again, where the guy that got one of best combinations of size and skill in the league is surrounded by unskilled players who have size and athleticism. Everytime BI tries to go to work, 3 guys staring at him, packing the lane.

Zion and Brandon Ingram IMO, are the only players that off limits and everyone else should be available.

@toheeb27 you very patient with Lonzo, but all that shit gets real when it's contract season fam. If you invest in a player who has not shown any consistent growth in areas needed to fix, and needs offensive systems changed to hide his holes, or develop players that everything you are looking for in a PG why make the gamble into beating a dead horse? Lonzo is choosing not to drive and being passive, that's not on coaching fam. Did you watch the LaMelo game where Lonzo kept passing up open shots and not attacking the rim? Like I just don't understand how y'all keep finding excuses for this nigga.

Back