Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

also saw a few of the plays they ran for Belli were the same ones they used to run for Mirotic. The biggest difference is going to be that belli will make a play after he puts it on the floor. Either kick it out to a teammate on the opposite wing when he drives, or looks to score.

He still kinda slow, but he Usain bolt compared to how heavy footed Nicola was. This will keep teams from just packing the paint. He appears to have some really good IQ which was backed up by all the film i could find of him overseas.

also saw a few of the plays they ran for Belli were the same ones they used to run for Mirotic. The biggest difference is going to be that belli will make a play after he puts it on the floor. Either kick it out to a teammate on the opposite wing when he drives, or looks to score.

He still kinda slow, but he Usain bolt compared to how heavy footed Nicola was. This will keep teams from just packing the paint. He appears to have some really good IQ which was backed up by all the film i could find of him overseas.
Great break down brother. I was at the game and a bunch Hawks fans were raving about how good he is and how deep our bench is.

So, tonight, more of the same for me

I'm gonna look for chemistry, off ball movement, roster rotation, communication on defensive switching, and throw in rebounding and turnovers.

With Gentry's system, TOs are going to happen, but its one thing if they happen within the flow of the offense vs inadvertent ones.

Its going to take more than a handful of preseason games to get this down pat so the focus must be on the marathon of season. I personally liked the starting 5 from the first game and I can see that being the season opener rotation, so i wanna focus more on the depth guys.

unless he is the second coming of LeBron, Cheatham going to G-League. I wouldnt be surprised if Hayes ends up going down there with him. They seem to be set at Center depending on the matchup and it's gonna be tough for him to crack the rotation and get any significant tick with him behind behind Favors and Okafor. I dont think they will try to play him at the 4 either.

So, tonight, more of the same for me

I'm gonna look for chemistry, off ball movement, roster rotation, communication on defensive switching, and throw in rebounding and turnovers.

With Gentry's system, TOs are going to happen, but its one thing if they happen within the flow of the offense vs inadvertent ones.

Its going to take more than a handful of preseason games to get this down pat so the focus must be on the marathon of season. I personally liked the starting 5 from the first game and I can see that being the season opener rotation, so i wanna focus more on the depth guys.

unless he is the second coming of LeBron, Cheatham going to G-League. I wouldnt be surprised if Hayes ends up going down there with him. They seem to be set at Center depending on the matchup and it's gonna be tough for him to crack the rotation and get any significant tick with him behind behind Favors and Okafor. I dont think they will try to play him at the 4 either.
I'm focusing on the backup PG battle as well as Melli 3point shot. I've seen enough from him to know he can impact the game when his shot is not falling. I absolutely love how much he communicate.

My favorite player NAW will get more minutes, I know he gonna ball his ass off, but I hope his turnovers won't be high today. Also want to see how Frank Jackson makes up for not being a good passer and if he can impact the game. For Zion, stay healthy, make your freethrows, and continue to show good passing vision because there will be alot of open players.

Zion is ready. Thought he might take some time to transition this season. Nah, Dude can be an All Star this season. Generating offense in so many ways. Needs to gamble less on defense though. Unlike College, players in the NBA capitalize on your fuck ups most of the time.

Not liking Ingram's fit in the starting lineup.

Man, I would like to see how effective a (Lonzo-Holiday-Redick-Melli-Zion) lineup is. So much spacing, could open more things for Zion and Lonzo.

i missed the first half due to my referee meeting but i saw the score and it looks like the starters were just flat sans Zion

i was very impressed with Frank Jackson. He looks like he has finally got his confidence and not overthinking things. He hit some huge shots down the stretch that help cut into the lead. He definitely appears to be more decisive. If he can provide quality consistent minutes, I dont see why he cant be a regular rotation guy off the bench.

Zion's handles are extremely underrated for a dude his size.

Josh Hart showed up last night. I know we initially thought he would be the odd man out, but that award now goes to E-Twuan Moore. I just dont see him getting any significant mins if Hart, Jackson and Naw are playing at a high level.

That unit that finished the game looked like they were just having fun which seemed to take the pressure off them. I know it's preseason, but quarters like that with the contributions those guys had will definitely add to their confidence moving forward.

@toheeb27

I didnt see BI last night, but based on tweets and what i saw in game 1, i think they are still trying to see how they can maximize his skill set. Health concerns dont appear to be there, its just a matter of fit

also, i never put too much stock into who starts per se, but i'm more interested in who closes in tight games.

@toheeb27

I didnt see BI last night, but based on tweets and what i saw in game 1, i think they are still trying to see how they can maximize his skill set. Health concerns dont appear to be there, its just a matter of fit

also, i never put too much stock into who starts per se, but i'm more interested in who closes in tight games.
Yea, hoping for the best. Ingram is a good kid and works hard. Just was never my fav among our young players back then.

Unless he improves as a shooter, his game is one that needs to be built around.

Hopefully he works out for u guys.

Main takeaways from last night’s game....

Zion= Beast. Thought he might have some problems with Gobert, nah. He went through that dude all night. He is going to be awesome.

Lonzo = was more aggressive going to the basket, something he did not do when he was with us. Went 5-5 from the FT line, that’s very nice to see.

NAW = Baller. Dude is going to take all of Hart’s minutes, might even take Redick’s minutes.

Ingram = was so focused on scoring, which is surprising bcos he shared the ball more with the Lakers. Hopefully it’s a blip.

Josh Hart = SUCKS. Started the game, sucked so bad he did not start the 2nd half.

DEFENSE = Man, it was really bad, especially when Utah had their starters out there. Should be better when Jrue and Favors play.

Main takeaways from last night’s game....

Zion= Beast. Thought he might have some problems with Gobert, nah. He went through that dude all night. He is going to be awesome.

Lonzo = was more aggressive going to the basket, something he did not do when he was with us. Went 5-5 from the FT line, that’s very nice to see.

NAW = Baller. Dude is going to take all of Hart’s minutes, might even take Redick’s minutes.

Ingram = was so focused on scoring, which is surprising bcos he shared the ball more with the Lakers. Hopefully it’s a blip.

Josh Hart = SUCKS. Started the game, sucked so bad he did not start the 2nd half.

DEFENSE = Man, it was really bad, especially when Utah had their starters out there. Should be better when Jrue and Favors play.
agree with all of this

I expect over the course of the season for defensive rotations to get better, but im not expecting a complete overhaul overnight and it still might be into next season until all of them have a comfort level to where that defense will be second nature

they were also getting killed on the high pnr with conley/gobert

Spidah struggled a bit from the field, but it looks like he's been working on that corner 3 and that might pay off big for Utah this year if he can hit that at a nice clip

Back