Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

I agree with Thor. I worry about a culture with a new team of youngings. We can loose, but it's important vets show more and don't contribute to shitty communication, no effort, and just playing bad iq bball. My expectations was for this year to develop culuture. Honestly that was the biggest priority. That's something we been searching for since the Crescent City connection days.
so you've written this off as a possibility 25 games into the season? This what im talking about

its. going. to. take. time fam

so you've written this off as a possibility 25 games into the season? This what im talking about

its. going. to. take. time fam
I'm not saying I written off this season, but my point is based on what I'm seeing it's not progressing well with the development of culture. Of course shit can change, but I do believe this team has ALOT of work to do and will take some changes need to be made or maybe on of the vets like JJ (had a moment last game in the locker room) step up and help with communication.

It's called daddy lived his failed sports fantasies through me.

Honestly lonzo doesn't appear happy. He didn't want none of the attention his dad bought
I think it's also a confidence, pressure of succeeding, doubt, and being a new parent thing with him. He just doesn't seem like he is happy playing basketball sometimes.

WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

what dont you like about the flow

and why do you think Ball needs more minutes?

Ball movement and players just standing around

And we was on a long losing streak. Let Ball play more because what we doing aint working

Ball movement and players just standing around

And we was on a long losing streak. Let Ball play more because what we doing aint working
well, you know the goal is to have ball movement. I'm not sure if you are placing blame on the coaching staff or the players.

They (staff) have tried simplifying things so much already this season so at some point, the players need to be the ones communicating on the floor to make the offense run. One thing i read that i thought was interesting was how if you watch Gentry, he is adamant about them trying to get points in transition b/c they seem to struggle with running half court sets. To me, that's not on the coach.

Ball, until proven otherwise, should run the second unit. But i say that only as a suggestion if they not gonna go all in on NAW at this point in the season.

One thing i had been starting to dislike about NAW was him relying TOO much on the 3. The last two games, he's been pump faking, letting the defender fly by, and taking the higher percentage shot and has been doing pretty good. The next step after that will be actually driving to the goal to collapse the d

OH, since you feel like Ball should get more minutes, I saw the stats on drives to the paint. Why is Lonzo not in double digit drives?

he was against Brooklyn iirc or very close to it...last night though? THREE documented drives to the paint. Unacceptable. He has the size, skill, and vision to get to the paint. No reason for him to be hanging outside of it that much.

@3:40

Yall think Ball should’ve took the shot instead ?
im torn on this one as BI was red hot and you want to feed the shooter. They didnt have numbers for rebounding so it was gonna be a one and done possession, however, look at how much space there is to the right of Lonzo if he catches the ball quickly with the defender reeling and can blow past him for a baseline drive

The ability of this team to go through long stretches of not scoring is mind boggling. Bad bad loss tonight. The type that should get the coach fired.

I think it's also a confidence, pressure of succeeding, doubt, and being a new parent thing with him. He just doesn't seem like he is happy playing basketball sometimes.
He want to play another sport an been said it. His dad forced this.

Back