Welcome To aBlackWeb

One nation, under Zion - Official 2021-2022 New Orleans Pelicans Thread

I have a post in the “introduce yourself” thread lol but Im a young dude who’s been on forums since they got rid of Dial Up.
found this forum hunting for a 24/7 Candy Shop and so far I like it here. Yall more chill compared to the other black centered forums out there filled with crazy ass people.
i wasnt born and raised in NOLA but I’ve had a ton of experiences/family in the city that it feels like home to me
No longer in Louisiana but I always will support the home team
We proud to welcome a new caw caw boy man. Just remember, love ALWAYS wins fam. Where you based at now? It's dope to have Pelicans fans that not from new Orleans. Let us know if you need anything brother

We proud to welcome a new caw caw boy man. Just remember, love ALWAYS wins fam. Where you based at now? It's dope to have Pelicans fans that not from new Orleans. Let us know if you need anything brother
Appreciate the love fam
Im in Houston, I’ll def try to make it to the Rockets Pelicans game in December
Hurt my heart when I found out Zion would be out but its cool health is wealth and beside the rough start we aren’t complete trash

Pelicans
giphy.gif

aight, so the pels dropped another one last night to the nets. I was refereeing and didnt see it live but i saw the highlights

I know the easy thing to do is wallow in sadness and disappointment they didnt secure the L, but it looked like one of those nights where Brooklyn just couldnt miss and hit timely shots to put away any comeback from the pelicans

With 3 days off, i've been reading they are gonna try and simplify the defensive assignments to make up for the lack of front court athleticism and i agree that with almost 10 games into the season, its time to start addressing these issues. I dont expect an immediate return, however, if they can stop giving up second chance baskets/offensive boards, and getting beat on backdoor cuts, i think that will at least stop the bleeding for now until they are at full strength.

things to look for moving forward, the pelicans right now, only have 2 players who are attacking the rim more than double digits.

Ingram and Holiday.

THIS HAS TO CHANGE!!

Lonzo HAS to start moving downhill when he's initiating the offense or when he's coming off screens. He is settling TOO much for jumpers. I'm not against the shots from the perimeter he's taking, but i'm against him avoiding the paint at all costs and settling for those shots.

Frank, NAW, both also have to attack attack attack. GET FOULED, increase the FTAs, get their wing/post defenders into foul trouble.

aight, so the pels dropped another one last night to the nets. I was refereeing and didnt see it live but i saw the highlights

I know the easy thing to do is wallow in sadness and disappointment they didnt secure the L, but it looked like one of those nights where Brooklyn just couldnt miss and hit timely shots to put away any comeback from the pelicans

With 3 days off, i've been reading they are gonna try and simplify the defensive assignments to make up for the lack of front court athleticism and i agree that with almost 10 games into the season, its time to start addressing these issues. I dont expect an immediate return, however, if they can stop giving up second chance baskets/offensive boards, and getting beat on backdoor cuts, i think that will at least stop the bleeding for now until they are at full strength.

things to look for moving forward, the pelicans right now, only have 2 players who are attacking the rim more than double digits.

Ingram and Holiday.

THIS HAS TO CHANGE!!

Lonzo HAS to start moving downhill when he's initiating the offense or when he's coming off screens. He is settling TOO much for jumpers. I'm not against the shots from the perimeter he's taking, but i'm against him avoiding the paint at all costs and settling for those shots.

Frank, NAW, both also have to attack attack attack. GET FOULED, increase the FTAs, get their wing/post defenders into foul trouble.
To give credit to Frank he does attack alot, and NAW in a big funk. Once NAW gets his confidence back he can unlock alot for us. Doesn't look like he will be seeing the floor anytime soon though since Moore made a return to the lineup and play trusting minutes yesterday.

To give credit to Frank he does attack alot, and NAW in a big funk. Once NAW gets his confidence back he can unlock alot for us. Doesn't look like he will be seeing the floor anytime soon though since Moore made a return to the lineup and play trusting minutes yesterday.
the problem is, for their position, they dont seem to attack enough

They should at a minimum imo, be somewhere near 8-10 drives a game. Both are under 5.

Back