Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Old school hip hop is trash

Moeboylildee

I'm 22 and I've tried to go back to this golden era that I hear so many old heads talk about and its mid af to me. Listen to illmatic, All eyez on me, Life after death and I was like it's cool I would never want to listen to it again tho. I listen to king disease 2 and I liked a few songs like store run that's about it, most young niggas feel the same way, all I'm saying is the same way yall feel about the new generation of hip hop is how we feel about the old generation. So stop shitting on my generation for not liking the shit and saying our shit is not real Hip Hop shit evolves over time nothing stays the same.

Nas song about the gun probably best song i heard from that era i think Nas got the best flow and I see why he's arguably the best.

New generation is a different vibe sonically so i can see illmatic sounding real outdated... check these joints out though.. if u dont feel these it just aint in you

only_built_for_cuban_linx-adjusted_300x300.jpg

R-4899876-1379210227-3137.jpeg.jpg

153747388996.jpg

220px-Nas-it-was-written-music-album.jpg

I'm 22 and I've tried to go back to this golden era that I hear so many old heads talk about and its mid af to me. Listen to illmatic, All eyez on me, Life after death and I was like it's cool I would never want to listen to it again tho. I listen to king disease 2 and I liked a few songs like store run that's about it, most young niggas feel the same way, all I'm saying is the same way yall feel about the new generation of hip hop is how we feel about the old generation. So stop shitting on my generation for not liking the shit and saying our shit is not real Hip Hop shit evolves over time nothing stays the same.

In 29 years your kids gonna say the same thing you saying bruh.

1632787223238.jpeg

…but for real tho it is what it is. You wouldn’t catch me listening to any Hip-Hop before 1986.

Last edited:
Yea music about the black struggled ain't good rather hear a bunch of drug addicts talk about there Richard millie and fucking the same 10 hoes.

but what’s the purpose of this post tho? do you go to hells angels type bars and say “heavy metal music is trash!!”? you entitled to your beliefs but you coming off like a kid clamoring for attention. if you so confident and happy with your generations music then go somewhere and listen to it in peace. why you concerned with what old heads think?

Lol why everyone mad tho? He can be legit stating his opinion.

I didn't really care for old.school like that (80s) when I was coming up. Took me a good minute before I got sick and tired of new shit and learned to appreciate going farther and farther back.

Here's the thing w music. The production on that music, at the moment, was modern and the most advanced beats you can find. AT THAT TIME.
Also, music has a nostalgic effect. There are songs that you probably getting pussy to or lost your virginity w that shit in the background that will bring those memories back to you in 20 years. The music you will hear in 20 years will not compare or be able to compete w that nostalgic effect.
When I was around 16, I had a crush on this girl and was tryinta holla for years n got friend zoned. I had been working my way out the friend zone slowly. She liked puff and mase. I bought No Way Out, picked er up, drove around n listened to it and started dating shortly afterwards. Any time I hear any song from that album, it brings that back.

Back