Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Old school hip hop is trash

Asking kids to listen to Blueprint 1 today is the equivalent to asking kids in 2001 to listen to kurtis blow

all these old niggas made at homie and calling him a fake account lol

I was about 17 when Blueprint dropped. I sure as hell wasn't tryinta hear no Kurtis Blow. Respect his contribution n would never disrespect.

Asking kids to listen to Blueprint 1 today is the equivalent to asking kids in 2001 to listen to kurtis blow

all these old niggas made at homie and calling him a fake account lol

Im 37 however once i stopped hating the new rappers for lack of lyricism, is when i started to appreciate/listen to the new stuff.

This whole thread....

giphy.gif

I'm 22 and I've tried to go back to this golden era that I hear so many old heads talk about and its mid af to me. Listen to illmatic, All eyez on me, Life after death and I was like it's cool I would never want to listen to it again tho. I listen to king disease 2 and I liked a few songs like store run that's about it, most young niggas feel the same way, all I'm saying is the same way yall feel about the new generation of hip hop is how we feel about the old generation. So stop shitting on my generation for not liking the shit and saying our shit is not real Hip Hop shit evolves over time nothing stays the same.

I'm 22 and I've tried to go back to this golden era that I hear so many old heads talk about and its mid af to me. Listen to illmatic, All eyez on me, Life after death and I was like it's cool I would never want to listen to it again tho. I listen to king disease 2 and I liked a few songs like store run that's about it, most young niggas feel the same way, all I'm saying is the same way yall feel about the new generation of hip hop is how we feel about the old generation. So stop shitting on my generation for not liking the shit and saying our shit is not real Hip Hop shit evolves over time nothing stays the same.

I understand you completely. I used to think the same about the new era of Hip-Hop until I did my own homework. There are currently so many dope Hip-Hop artists that vibe to more modern beats making it sound much doper than the old-school beats.

Back