Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

smh at shelton

shit i don’t
i only saw he donated to a fund dedicated to George Floyd
Jericho dropped this

Someone in the comments said #blacklivesmatter, he responded with #AllLivesmatter

then he posted some anti racist memes on IG and then donated to the fund. So I mean ehhh idk.

the AllLivesMatters part wasn't even what got me with Jericho, its that he wasn't trying to hear what people had to say about his stance and started blocking them. This guy was just one of the people he blocked even though he said he was one of his favorite wrestlers in the vid. He wasn't even talking wreckless so thats wild

that Shelton shit fucked me up more than any of this tho, idk wtf he got going on

Do yourself a favor. Don’t look at athletes/celebrities as these social justice warriors who will be down for the cause. Admire them if you want for reposting a BLM post or whatever else but just keep it at that.

Last edited:
But then that makes you ask...didn't A$AP get cancelled and ostracized for that same thing?

he was being a dick about it though

"I'm just gonna stay black and die," he said (via Time Out). "Why, because I'm black? So every time something happens because I'm black I gotta stand up? What the f--k am I, Al Sharpton now? I'm A$AP Rocky. I did not sign up to be no political activist."
"I don't wanna talk about no f-----g Ferguson and s--t because I don't live over there!" he went on. "I live in f-----g Soho and Beverly Hills. I can't relate."

Most people with hella money very rarely care about real issues like what we are dealing with. Never look to a rich person to address social issues, they cant relate.

Lol so they tried to sign some of the released wrestlers back at a fraction of what they were making before?

WWE has reportedly tried to re-sign some of the recently released Superstars.

It was noted on Wrestling Observer Live by Bryan Alvarez that WWE officials have tried to re-sign some of the released talents, but the offers are reportedly for a fraction of what they were making before. It was also indicated that WWE has made "renewal offers" that are low enough that talents could likely make more money with another promotion.

There's no word yet on who WWE made return offers to, but several wrestlers, producers and on-air talents were released or furloughed back on April 15 due to company-wide cuts brought on by COVID-19. Among the in-ring talents released were Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, EC3, Drake Maverick, Rusev, Sarah Logan, No Way Jose, Heath Slater, Mike Kanellis, Maria Kanellis, Eric Young, Lio Rush, Primo Colon, Epico Colon, Aiden English, Erick Rowan, Kassius Ohno, Taynara Conti, Tino Sabbatelli, Dorian Mak Deonna Purrazzo, MJ Jenkins, Aleksandar Jaksic, Nick Ogarelli, Mars Wang, Rocky, Edgar Lopez, Marcos Gomes, Mohamed Fahim, Hussain Aldagal, and Faisal Kurdi.

As noted, last night's Impact Wrestling episode teased that Maverick (Rockstar Spud), EC3, Gallows, Anderson, Young, Hawkins, and Rusev could be debuting at the Slammiversary pay-per-view, which is three days after their WWE 90-day non-compete clauses expire on July 15. Purrazzo has also joined Impact as NXT talents were under 30-day non-compete clauses. There's no word yet on if some of the recently released WWE talents will debut with AEW next month.

Regarding Maverick, Alvarez also noted that he has reason to believe WWE may have re-signed him. That would be interesting as he was one of the wrestlers in the Impact teaser on Tuesday night. Maverick was allowed to continue working the tournament for the WWE NXT Interim Cruiserweight Title after his release was announced. He will wrestle El Hijo del Fantasma in the finals for the title on tonight's NXT episode.

Stay tuned for updates.

Report: Vince McMahon makes internal announcement about new WWE diversity measures

Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon is said to have sent a company-wide email to WWE employees today (June 3) re-affirming a commitment to diversity, and announcing new measures designed to demonstrate that commitment.

First reported by PWInsider, McMahon’s message covered the following:

• 24/7 mental health counseling
  • a direct email address employees can use to bring diversity concerns to the company’s attention
  • links to diversity training courses the company had previously made available
As with their #BlackOutTuesday statement yesterday, these are worthwhile initiatives. But each has issues - namely that they seem to be voluntary or otherwise put the onus on existing employees to change, rather than representing a promise from the person in charge to change the company. In and of themselves, nothing here suddenly makes WWE a more diverse organization that values and uplifts minority voices.

None of these measures were announced publicly. It would be nice to think more concrete measures might be forthcoming, but there’s no reason to believe that will happen.

Back