Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

According to the Wrestling Observer, the WrestleMania 36 card is undergoing some major match changes, specifically with the SmackDown roster. Reports are that the planned Fiend versus Roman Reigns Universal title showdown may no longer occur, and that John Cena will NO LONGER be working a program with Elias. Speculation now is that this means either a title change between The Fiend and Goldberg at WWE Super ShowDown, or that Cena will be the one to receive the championship opportunity.

Another potential change is for the SmackDown women’s championship. Rumors had circulated that Bayley would be defending her title against Naomi, but Naomi receiving the opportunity at WWE Super ShowDown opens up the doors for a different program at WrestleMania.

As of this writing, the only confirmed matchups for the “Show of Shows” is Brock Lesnar defending the WWE championship against Royal Rumble winner Drew McIntyre, and Charlotte Flair challenging Rhea Ripley for the NXT Women’s championship. WrestleMania 36 takes place on April 5th from Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida.

sound like changes for the better

Last edited:
Samoa Joe is currently out of action with another injury.

The RAW Superstar reportedly suffered the injury while filming a WWE commercial last week, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet. The injury came as Joe hit his head during a bad table break.

There’s no word yet on when Joe will be medically cleared to get back in the ring, or specifics of the injury, but it was noted that he could be out of action for a considerable amount of time.

Joe just recently returned to action after suffering a broken thumb in late 2019. He then suffered a reported concussion that briefly took him back out of the ring. Joe wrestled on last week’s RAW, and then suffered the head injury during the commercial shoot.

Stay tuned for updates on Joe’s WWE status and if he will miss WrestleMania 36.

this is some final destination shit right here
nigga can’t cheat death injuries

I wouldn’t have minded bray vs Roman for the universal title since Roman technically didn’t lose it in the ring and they haven’t fought or feuded in a while but I can already hear the grumbling and crying from wrestling fans so whatever

i wouldn’t mind bray vs roman either

but elias vs cena and bayley vs naomi didn’t sound WM worthy to begin with

LMAO If they have Oldberg take the title off of the Fiend just so Reigns isn't booed at Mania... AEW Dynamite Wednesday nights at 8pm on TNT folks lol.

And if Sasha not coming back who Bayley facing? Dana Brooke? Lol This company

LMAO If they have Oldberg take the title off of the Fiend just so Reigns isn't booed at Mania... AEW Dynamite Wednesday nights at 8pm on TNT folks lol.

Lol there’s no way Goldberg, for the second time since 2017, will win the universal title on a ppv before mania against someone who supposed to be a top star within the company. No way.

Right??

I dont see Goldberg beating the Fiend but niggas are traumatized from wwe's booking history so you can never be too certain

case in point...

Charlotte will beat Bayley for the SD womens championship in the next few weeks, thus making her WM match with Rhea champion vs champion, winner take all

I dont see Goldberg beating the Fiend but niggas are traumatized from wwe's booking history so you can never be too certain

case in point...

Charlotte will beat Bayley for the SD womens championship in the next few weeks, thus making her WM match with Rhea champion vs champion, winner take all

Hmm. So you think Charlotte, a Raw wrestler, will beat Bayley for the Smackdown women’s title (this would be the second time she wins a women’s title right before WrestleMania) and she would defend said title against Rhea, who’s defending the NXT women’s title at Wrestlemania, making it a winner take all scenario. Yea I doubt that but wouldn’t put it past wwe creative

Hmm. So you think Charlotte, a Raw wrestler, will beat Bayley for the Smackdown women’s title (this would be the second time she wins a women’s title right before WrestleMania) and she would defend said title against Rhea, who’s defending the NXT women’s title at Wrestlemania, making it a winner take all scenario. Yea I doubt that but wouldn’t put it past wwe creative

i was kidding but like you said, that’s essentially what happened last year

1. Goldberg not going over the Fiend this thursday. Idk why niggas think that shit is gonna happen. Bill bout to be just another face on the Funhouse wall. Maybe it'll lead to him going heel in time for his rumored match against Reigns at mania.

2. You can't blame the company if Sasha not facing Bayley at Wrestlemania. It aint their fault her ass is so injury prone

WWE has announced Samoa Joe has been suspended for his first violation of the WWE Wellness Policy. The company's official press release reads:

STAMFORD, CONN., February 25, 2020 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) has suspended Nuufolau Seanoa (Samoa Joe) for 30 days effective Monday, February 24, for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy

WWE has announced Samoa Joe has been suspended for his first violation of the WWE Wellness Policy. The company's official press release reads:

STAMFORD, CONN., February 25, 2020 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) has suspended Nuufolau Seanoa (Samoa Joe) for 30 days effective Monday, February 24, for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy
Nothing seem to ever go right with this dude

Paul Burchill was the first person I ever saw do the spanish fly but he didn't do it from the top rope and he called it the C-4

I used to think that move was cool as hell but the way he was doing it doesn't even look effective looking back at it now. It looks much more effective from the top rope but when you think about it doesn't make much sense cause aint the person executing the move landing on their stomach? You would think that would have more of a effect on them than the other person whos landing on their back

Last edited:
Paul Burchill was the first person I ever saw do the spanish fly but he didn't do it from the top rope and he called it the C-4

I used to think that move was cool as hell but the way he was doing it doesn't even look effective looking back at it now. It looks much more effective from the top rope but when you think about it doesn't make much sense cause aint the person executing the move landing on their stomach? You would think that would have more of a effect on them than the other person whos landing on their back

That one looks even more less effective. Buddy should of kicked out before the count of 1 lol. But yeah it really is an over the top fake looking move and doesnt make much sense how its hurting the other person when the person doing it is getting the most out of it.

Certain things about wrestling I can try and believe in it but those moves that have zero sense to them is when I check out of spots. Naiomi trash ass repeated kicks is another huge flaw ass move and why I really cant take her serious. Imagine having to sell to this and looking as stupid as my girl Sasha.
tenor (1).gif
Bayley move is trash but I can still assume being picked up and slammed on your back might knock the air out of you just enough to get a 3.

Last edited:
would the people’s elbow get over as a finisher today or naw?
Well put it like this has anybody ever done peoples elbow on you? I mean legit diving the elbow into your chest. When we used to fuck around and wrestle on the trampoline in the neighborhood growing up this mf would do the peoples elbow except he would legit drive his elbow into your chest and that shit was fucking painful asf lol, my neighbor went home teared eyed when he got hit with it one time lol so since then when people trash the peoples elbow I'm like performed foreal and with force somebody getting fucked up. Ofcourse Rock did it with out force but still...

To answer your question tho nah but if somebody jumped and spiked it maybe. Hogan leg drop hell to the nah tho.

Last edited:
Well put it like this has anybody ever done peoples elbow on you? I mean legit diving the elbow into your chest. When we used to wrestle in the neighborhood growing up this mf would do the peoples elbow except he would legit drive his elbow into your chest and that shit was fucking painful asf lol, my neighbor went home teared eyed when he got hit with it one time lol so since then when people trash the peoples elbow I'm like performed foreal and with force somebody getting fucked up. Ofcourse Rock did it with out force but still...

To answer your question tho nah but if somebody jumped and spiked it maybe. Hogan leg drop hell to the nah tho.

the people’s elbow setup was so goofy but rock was that nigga and could make anything look cool

i ask that because a lot finishers/moves get criticized for not being effective way too often

like it’s not hard to believe how the torque of a spanish fly coupled with the opponents back and back of their head slamming into the mat could knock them out, drive the air out of them etc. factor in the move being delivered from the top rope...

yeah i’m not tryna take that shit

Back