Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Corey Graves Addresses WWE Plane Delay In Saudi Arabia On Podcast

WWE’s recent travel delay in Saudi Arabia sparked tons of speculation, but Corey Graves set the record straight (from his perspective) on “After the Bell.”

The latest episode of WWE’s new podcast begins with Graves addressing the rumors right off the bat, saying he’d be open and honest about the situation. The SmackDown announcer then spoke highly of the first flight on the charter jet and praised Saudi Arabia for how well WWE is treated.

“Let me be the one to say, I had my reservations the first time I went over there as well, but the people over there have been nothing but gracious,” Graves said.

According to Corey, there were a litany of delays getting onto the flight including a fuel truck blocking the plane with no operator around to move it.

Once they were onboard, this is what happened next:

We got on the plane. We all were in our seats ready to takeoff … [the crew] came around and took our food orders for the flight. There was some confusion regarding the pilots – I was seated in the upper deck right outside of the cockpit – pilots were going back and forth. There was some sort of mechanical issue. I am not an airline pilot. I can barely wind my own watch. So I don’t know exactly the ins and outs of what happened. Sat on the plane for awhile. They shut the plane down, restarted it to see if whatever they were attempting to fix worked. It hadn’t worked. In the time it took for all of this to get done, the flight crew timed out and we were all informed that we would not be taking off. So they de-planed everybody.”
That’s when someone from management approached Corey asking if he’d be willing to hop on another charter with other SmackDown talent hoping to get them to the show before it started the following day. This group included Roman Reigns, Baron Corbin, New Day and The Revival – who had all been advertised for Friday night’s show.

“Depending on who you ask, it was the 20 most important people in the company … that wasn’t the case. What it boiled down to was the people who were advertised for Friday Night SmackDown on FOX,” Graves explained.

Corey then shut down the narrative that Vince McMahon “left” his crew in Saudi Arabia, pointing to the fact that the WWE head honcho leaves town on his private jet after EVERY show. Therefore this wasn’t a case of McMahon quickly leaving the country to avoid a confrontation. “So it wasn’t like he said, ‘to hell with the talent, to hell with the crew.’ It was exactly what he has done every week, without fail,” Corey added.

Graves focused his attention after this on WWE stars who complained about the situation on social media. “If you’re mad because your flight got delayed and you weren’t one of the ‘Saudi 20,’ you weren’t important enough to get on the jet, that’s on you,” he stated. “Quit crying about it on Twitter. You’re a WWE Superstar. It happens. This is part of our life. We all have travel woes.”

Adding, “You know who wasn’t complaining? Randy freaking Orton. If anyone has the cache and the right to speak his mind and raise hell, it would be Randy Orton. He’s got a bit of a reputation for doing that. But Randy got it. It wasn’t because any of us on that smaller charter were more important than anybody else. It was about doing the damn show.”

Stupid show imo. Like I'm sure its watchable and some entertaining shit but wrestling doesnt need this.

It really doesn't. Tbh, WWE has oversaturated the wrestling market w/enough programs as it is already. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put a WWE program on 11pm on a weeknight needs to be fired at FOX.

Tessa probably gonna win

they been in a long ass feud and thats the reason why i dont see her leaving IMPACT! any time soon

shes the face of the company, she has no reason to unless she does it for the money

Tessa is amazing and one of my favorite current female wrestlers right there with Charlotte but I think its beyond stupid to put her in the male Heavyweight Championship match which looks like she could actually be booked to win. People can day what they want but a female chomping off the male division ain't a good look.

Variety.com confirmed a report first broken by Twitter account @WrestleVotes that Steve Austin will be hosting a new podcast on the WWE Network. The interview series, entitled The Broken Skull Sessions, will premiere on November 24th following the Survivor Series PPV. The Undertaker will be Austin's first guest.

Austin said the following to Variety:

“Mark has been doing The Undertaker for 30 years and he has had one of the greatest runs in the history of the business,” Austin told Variety. “He’s stayed in character all this time. He’s made a few appearances on some talk shows way back in the day, but no one has really ever heard from Mark Calaway the man…I think he was enthusiastic because he has been quiet for so long so now he has the chance to share some stories like everyone else has. He’s had one of the most high-profile careers and, back in his heyday, had some of the most outlandish stories from the road. We had a great time shooting the breeze.”

“I think this is going to be a little more relaxed and laid back,” he said. “The other one was live and I was flying around to accommodate the schedule and going out on the road. This is over at the Broken Skull studio, which we’ve built up…It’s basically like a bulls–t session, talking about someone’s career and trading stories, shooting the breeze.”

AdTech Ad
NEWS AND RUMORS
Undertaker officially announced for Austin's new WWE podcast
How much Wrestlemania helped the NY/NJ area
Rusev speaks out about Saudi Arabia trip
Britt Baker talks about her relationship with Adam Cole
Omega and ECW legend comment on Full Gear main event
AJ Styles fires back at fan; Austin/WWE update
Medical update on Cody following Full Gear
Jake Hager sends a message to Rusev
Identity of MJF drink thrower; Renee reacts to Full Gear
Cedric Alexander responds to claims he is being buried
MORE NEWS AND RUMORS

it
it

Sin Cara (real name Jorge Arias) has asked for his release from WWE. Here is a rough English translation of what he posted on social media in Spanish:

Last night, after praying and considering it a lot, thinking about my children and their future, I made one of the most difficult but sensible decisions I have had to make in my professional wrestling career; I have asked for my WWE release.

Since I was a kid, all I wanted to do was fight and all my life I have made decisions and sacrifices to put myself in a position to fulfill that dream. There are 20 long years of experience and total dedication to my sport that I love and respect. I have traveled the world, met incredible people and fought for the incredible fans of the WWE Universe.

I am so grateful for the opportunity they gave me, however, I realized that I am trapped in a place where I am not valued as an athlete or talent. I have worked hard and honestly for many years to polish my trade, I have been loyal, respectful, a team player, support and I have patiently waited for the opportunity to show the world everything I can do. Unfortunately, after all these years, that opportunity never lingo nor do I feel that I will ever arrive as long as I remain where I am.

The best years of my professional wrestling career are coming and I think the best is yet to come! I am a healthy man, disciplined, respectful of my profession and its environment, of my companions and mainly of the public to whom I have never failed. This is not the end, on the contrary, this is the beginning of the next chapter and I am excited for what the future holds! (Isaiah 43: 18-19)

I want to thank WWE for this incredible chapter, always be grateful. The important thing, thanks to the WWE Universe for its unwavering support and to all my public that in all parts of the world has supported me and showed its affection, the only way I can correspond is by continuing to provide myself with all the delivery, passion and professionalism that I have always demonstrated. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

New Day also has a podcast coming supposedly. If they let them do their own thing it could be interesting if it happens
That or it could be annoying as the over the top schtick has run its entertainment course on TV. Had this been when they first got together tho, that would of been interesting. If it's more laid back like UpUpDownDown then it should be fine.

Usually find the podcast where host is under WWE contract a little dry. Nervous Prichard's will go less in detail about certain things just to keep WWE happy.

Only a matter of time before he’s back in the ring..

I mean he already said he wants to come back. He just crazy as fuck for thinking anybody gonna pay him the amount of money he asking for.

Knowing WWE they'd probably throw him as crazy of a deal as they could tho just to keep him away from AEW.

Back