Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

The backstage environment seem more chill and people get along more than past generations, I don't see a problem with that. Why would you want guns and knives in lockerooms. Undertaker just comes off dumb.

Pretty much. The problem he and others like him have wit the current WWE super stars, is the fact they aren't doin the backstage "traditional" stuff like Taker had to do. He's old skool.

I remember Big Show described how when he 1st started, it was every man for themselves. Having to dislike each other in order to make it. Backstage was always tense.

Nowadays...its not like how it was then. Yeah there's issues, but for the most part....it's chill. Proof of that is Woods gettin all the other WWE superstars together to play video games on YouTube. I don't see a problem wit that.

Taker was being ignorant but at the same time I understand. Shawn Michaels, Austin, Hogan, Cena and so on were not buddy buddy with everybody and had their core people and pretty much made sure to try and out do everybody else. These days everybody is friends, go out and hang out all together and look out for eachother, will be in a feud but interviewing their rival on podcast outside kayfabe. Nobody wants to take the others spot, they want to share it and honestly idk if that works if you want to establish bigger then life stars.

But yeah It's a great thing nobody is carrying knives and guns and popping drugs to have fun.

Taker was being ignorant but at the same time I understand. Shawn Michaels, Austin, Hogan, Cena and so on were not buddy buddy with everybody and had their core people and pretty much made sure to try and out do everybody else. These days everybody is friends, go out and hang out all together and look out for eachother, will be in a feud but interviewing their rival on podcast outside kayfabe. Nobody wants to take the others spot, they want to share it and honestly idk if that works if you want to establish bigger then life stars.

But yeah It's a great thing nobody is carrying knives and guns and popping drugs to have fun.

So his issue is them kayfabing. I see that to a certain extent. But that veil of superstars feudin in & out the ring been lifted long ago. Look no further that the Madison Square garden incident.

Nowadays social media has feuled. Also the fact that a LOT of them have either trained at the same wrestling schools, or worked at the same indie companies. Some of them have even lived together during that time. So that comradarie/friendship just carried over.

So his issue is them kayfabing. I see that to a certain extent. But that veil of superstars feudin in & out the ring been lifted long ago. Look no further that the Madison Square garden incident.

Nowadays social media has feuled. Also the fact that a LOT of them have either trained at the same wrestling schools, or worked at the same indie companies. Some of them have even lived together during that time. So that comradarie/friendship just carried over.
Yeah not knocking the good side of it but I can def see why stars are not being made the way they all are super friends, everybody is scared to step on a neck to get to the next level. They rather see the whole squad win which is good but unfortunately not everybody can be THE star. AEW def is going to have that issue because they all are literally friends.

Kayfabe been dead for over a decade. Even WWE showing backstage programs where they showing wrestlers being buddies with the person who beat them up.

Right and in 2021 kayfabe is really hard anyway with social media. I'm still waiting for that star who is talented as fuck yet sticks to himself and focused on his career like Austin. I think those are the guys that end up standing the fuck out.

Kayfabe been dead for over a decade. Even WWE showing backstage programs where they showing wrestlers being buddies with the person who beat them up.
And I wish they would chill on that. You don't have to show all the ends in those series. They literally could cut the parts of their opponent going over matches and making jokes having fun and just focus on them going Into the match then right after.

AD73D05F-2FBF-45CD-B86D-4DF78B796198.jpeg
BREAKING NEWS: The WWE Network is shutting down within the United States, and the streaming rights have been purchased by Peacock. The time table for a transition is March the 18th, and the price will be apart of the $4.99 premium tier which is down from the $9.99 price point of the WWE Network. The $4.99 plan does include commercials, and there will be an additional $9.99 commercial free plan for Peacock which will include all its content including the WWE Network.

The deal with Peacock will still include all live Pay Per Views, as well as the archived footage found on the WWE Network; and the deal is reported to tip the scales at 1 Billion Dollars.

The companies plan to share details of how existing WWE Network subscribers in the U.S. will be switched to Peacock (e.g., whether they will be automatically subscribed to Peacock) in the next few weeks. Nothing will change for WWE Network subscribers outside the U.S.

View attachment 449167
BREAKING NEWS: The WWE Network is shutting down within the United States, and the streaming rights have been purchased by Peacock. The time table for a transition is March the 18th, and the price will be apart of the $4.99 premium tier which is down from the $9.99 price point of the WWE Network. The $4.99 plan does include commercials, and there will be an additional $9.99 commercial free plan for Peacock which will include all its content including the WWE Network.

The deal with Peacock will still include all live Pay Per Views, as well as the archived footage found on the WWE Network; and the deal is reported to tip the scales at 1 Billion Dollars.

The companies plan to share details of how existing WWE Network subscribers in the U.S. will be switched to Peacock (e.g., whether they will be automatically subscribed to Peacock) in the next few weeks. Nothing will change for WWE Network subscribers outside the U.S.
tenor.gif

I better be getting Peacock in the next few weeks. Vince getting his liquid money up I see...

Undertaker saying WWE as a whole is soft these days on Joe Rogan podcast lol like never expected on him to talk down on the company but I guess it be like that when u finally in a room with non wrestling fans and can't defend what's presented these days.

View attachment 446090

I can't even knock it tho, I've become so uninterested with majority of the product as well. Roman Reigns is pretty much the only thing going on and even on Smackdown they running out of good opponents for him. Hopefully 2021 is the year shit changes drastically can't even remember a time I wasn't hyped for the Royal Rumble but I really don't care what happens this year and that sucks.

“there’s too much pretty”

says the man who wore eyeliner and makeup his whole career lol

im not gonna say he’s 100% wrong because there are several issues with the product. but we all know what, or who, the problem is

Last edited:
Back