Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

The planned FOX Sports 1 WWE talk show will be taped weekly from FOX's studios in Los Angeles, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

The current plan is to have a panel discussing WWE issues with Renee Young as the lead host for the series.

The word within WWE, as we reported last week in the Elite section, is that Cathy Kelley will also be working on that FS1 series and splitting her time between FOX and NXT going forward.

FOX has had a number of WWE personalities and Hall of Famers in California in recent weeks auditioning for the series.

I'm hearing that word is Vince wants to bury Cedric Alexander for some reason. Maybe he figures there's only room for one negro at the top in his company lol. I hope it's not true though. Cedric is dope and deserves better

I read that too but I dont believe that shit. If that were the case he would of never pinned Aj or Drew Mc. Also, Dave Meltzer reported it and 95% of the shit he says nowadays is bullshit when it comes to WWE. I swear he on AEWs pay roll

170803[/ATTACH]

people on twitter tend to think that they think they're kayfabe injuries and that NXT is using it as a way to not book the same talent every week. I could see the Arturo and Velveteen ones being kayfabe but that Joaquin Wilde dude got fucked up like 2-3 months before the move to live TV was announced. I think he really got hurt while training at the PC.

Then again they could all be real, i guess we'll find out if those guys end up being off tv for 2 weeks or more

This upcoming week's RAW and SmackDown will be the final week with the current stages, according to @WrestlingVotes.

SmackDown will be headed to FOX on Friday, October 4 and that week's September 30 episode of RAW has been advertised by its venue (Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona) as the RAW season premiere.

According to the new report, both shows will be "getting an updated, fresh feeling set."

In the comments, people asked if the sets for RAWand SmackDown would be different, and WrestleVotes responded that, yes, each show will be getting a different set.

This upcoming week's RAW and SmackDown will be the final week with the current stages, according to @WrestlingVotes.

SmackDown will be headed to FOX on Friday, October 4 and that week's September 30 episode of RAW has been advertised by its venue (Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona) as the RAW season premiere.

According to the new report, both shows will be "getting an updated, fresh feeling set."

In the comments, people asked if the sets for RAWand SmackDown would be different, and WrestleVotes responded that, yes, each show will be getting a different set.
About damn time!

apparently at the Edmonton house show during the becky and sasha match they was chanting"we love short shorts " the whole match lol

So that Kylie Rae chick who asked for her AEW release wreslted a match at an indie promotion this weekend. Dave Meltzer needs his internet taken away. Lying P.O.S. talkin bout she had a career threatening injury so she asked to be let go

I'm hearing now that she left the company because they pushing ole boy in the womens division. Im curious to know the real reason but if they made her sign something we may never know

There’s been a lot of rumors about FOX representatives wanting certain WWE Superstars on SmackDown for the big move to their network next month, from Ronda Rousey to Brock Lesnar. Now word is that network officials want “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt on the blue brand.

It was reported today by @Wrestlevotes that FOX wants Wyatt and his alter ego on SmackDown. However, this likely won’t be happening as RAW Executive Director Paul Heyman is said to be a “gigantic fan” of Wyatt.

Wyatt is expected to stay on RAW, but that wasn’t confirmed. It will be interesting to see which top Superstars are sent to SmackDown in the WWE Draft next month, and if RAW will remain “The A Show” with the better roster.

The word making the rounds backstage at the Smackdown taping in San Francisco is that 205 Live will be shifted to Fridays at 10 PM on the WWE Network as of next week, Friday 10/4, so the plan is to still tape the series after Smackdown goes off the air.

Triple H recently noted in a Newsweek interview that 205 Live would now fall under the NXT umbrella. We are told that behind the scenes, that is true as well as the series is now the responsibility of the NXT Creative Team.

FOX Sports issued a press release for their new "WWE Backstage" studio talk series that will debut on 11/5, announcing Renee Young and Booker T as the first hosts.

Young will be leaving the Raw broadcast team to concentrate on her hosting duties for WWE Backstage, PWInsider.com has confirmed. She will be the lead personality on the series and will not be, as of today, handling any commentary duties on live WWE programming going forward.

We are also told that the studio show will be set to look like it is inside a wrestling ring with yellow ropes.

The show will be pre-taped once a week and will be under the auspices of FOX, not WWE.

Cathy Kelley will be a big part of the series and will split her time between WWE Backstage and WWE NXT going forward.

There have been a number of WWE legends-type personalities who have been brought to Los Angeles to audition for a role on the show as the idea is to cycle different personalities on different weeks. There may be others personalities who are on weekly, but FOX has not locked that down yet. As late as yesterday, they were trying different ideas out.

FOX has played with different versions of the show and how it will be presented, ranging from 3 -5 personalities but a final decision has not been made as of yesterday.

WWE officially announced details for their "Premiere Week", which revealed the new announced teams for Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown.

Monday Night Raw's broadcast team will be Vic Joseph, Jerry Lawler and Dio Maddin.

Friday Night SmackDown will be called by Corey Graves and Michael Cole. Renée Young is listed as a special contributor.

WWE's complete announcement reads as follows:

WWE Premiere Week features unprecedented eight hours of primetime coverage
WWE Premiere Week features unprecedented eight hours of primetime coverage
facebooktwitter
Tumblr
Pinterest
Email
STAMFORD, Conn. - WWE Premiere Week ushers in an unprecedented era of coverage with special episodes of Monday Night Raw, NXT, Total Divas and the FOX debut of Friday Night SmackDown bringing fans eight hours of primetime programming.

As part of WWE Premiere Week, new voices will be brought to the Raw, NXT and SmackDown broadcasts. Raw’s new announce team will include play-by-play from Vic Joseph with Dio Maddin and WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler serving as analysts; NXT play-by-play will be called by Mauro Ranallo with Beth Phoenix and Nigel McGuiness as analysts; and SmackDown will feature Michael Cole handling play-by-play, Corey Graves serving as analyst and Renee Young as a Special Contributor.

Back