Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

With ticket sales struggling, the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia is currently offering a 2-for-1 ticket deal for WWE Extreme Rules. This same process was done for the WWE Stomping Grounds PPV in Tacoma. As of this writing, there are still lower bowl seats available for Extreme Rules.

This is what happens when you keep putting Baron Corbin in the main event and also Seth can't draw a dime his damn self

This is what happens when you keep putting Baron Corbin in the main event and also Seth can't draw a dime his damn self

This is what happens when you keep repeating the same damn matches and try to save the ppv with match stipulations added. Can’t keep putting sugar on shit because it’s still shit

Rollins aint never been one of my favorites but he seems to be over. If it was my call I'd take the strap off of him tho. Kinda hoping Bray get thrusted right into the main event with his new character but who knows whats gonna happen w/ Paul in charge. He could throw a major curve ball and and convince Vince to give somebody we not expecting a chance

Rollins aint never been one of my favorites but he seems to be over. If it was my call I'd take the strap off of him tho. Kinda hoping Bray get thrusted right into the main event with his new character but who knows whats gonna happen w/ Paul in charge. He could throw a major curve ball and and convince Vince to give somebody we not expecting a chance

I’m gonna assume that Seth and Beth win at extreme rules next Sunday. Would wwe do the typical thing and have Brock cash in at summerslam since it’s the 2nd/3rd biggest PPV of the year? I would hold off and throw someone new at Rollins at summerslam and maybe have that person win the title. That’s just me

I’m gonna assume that Seth and Beth win at extreme rules next Sunday. Would wwe do the typical thing and have Brock cash in at summerslam since it’s the 2nd/3rd biggest PPV of the year? I would hold off and throw someone new at Rollins at summerslam and maybe have that person win the title. That’s just me

Brock needs a new challenger badly. I'm thinking he might end up taking that Smackdown strap from Kofi or Joe if he wins at Extreme Rules. Either way I feel like it could set us up for Joe vs Brock at Summerslam if he does cash in at the PPV. That shit would be somewhat refreshing. I know Brock beat Joe already at Great Balls of Fire (nh) but enough time has passed for them to run that back + its still gonna be a hard hitting match if they do it.

As noted, Maria Kanellis confirmed that she and Mike Kanellis really are expecting their child together. She avoided in-ring action this past Monday on RAW by saying she was pregnant, during the mixed tag team match against RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch and WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins, and there had been some speculation on if it was just angle. Maria confirmed on social media this week that she is expecting.

In an update, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Maria just found out about the pregnancy and WWE immediately put together the angle that took place on RAW.

On a related note, The Observer reports that WWE was not aware of the pregnancy when Mike and Maria recently signed their new five-year contracts, worth $500,000 per year, but they also did not know until after signing the deal. Wrestling Inc reported that Mike and Maria signed their deals in June, but just found out about the pregnancy a week and a half ago. WWE was said to be aware that Mike and Maria wanted to have another child when they were offered the contracts. WWE is apparently trying to make their working environment more modernized for working mothers, according to the report. This includes WWE providing a room for young children at their four major pay-per-view events, and scheduled time off for family happenings.

I think that was obvious w the language they used on both shows... I expect to see blood.. not often but it will happen in big matches

We don’t need or want this match anymore. The time was when Sting first came a few years ago. This is just a cheap way of “putting butts in seats”. The match is now meaningless. It only signifies money, not fandom.

I hate what happened with Goldberg and Taker. I was embarassed for them but at the same time moments like that still get me hype as fuck. Just seeing two icons that never shared the ring w/ eachother actually get the chance too is always gonna be special.

I just always hope for the best when it comes to those matches even tho i know its not gone be anywhere near as good as it could of been

Up to Vince Taker will die in the ring
From what I read a while back Taker always says hes done and then he'll change his mind. I guess it boils down to nobody in the back wanting to tell him he cant wrestle anymore but eventually they gonna have to. This most recent run is cause the match with Goldberg left a bad taste in his mouth and they even let him choose his opponent and he chose Drew McIntyre even though Shane and Roman are in the match too. Im thinking they did that to keep him from doing too much

Yeah I hate how this day in wrestling when two legends have a feud it's the "man they washed" "nobody wants to see that" and "maybe 10 years ago" but pro wrestling is fake so even at 40 or 50 yrs but still in good shape and given the right match lay out even something so simple could just be a feel good satisfying moment and be a cool send off even if it doesnt have all the acrobatic shit fast pace action, just solid story telling. My only problem is they need to stop saving these legend mega matches for fucking Saudi and have it be the special attraction again for Mania.

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson, officially known as The Club alongside AJ Styles, recently signed contracts with WWE that will have them sticking with the promotion until July 2024. As reported by PWInsider, the duo was initially hesitant to sign new deals but relented thanks to a promised new push as well as a “ridiculously amazing” financial boost. Both All Elite Wrestling and New Japan Pro Wrestling were reportedly interested in the duo if they were to reenter into free agency.
The Club was also looking to start up a podcast when they left WWE according to recent trademark and copyright filings. Those plans will probably not go forward now that they’re sticking with the company. Gallows and Anderson join Jinder Mahal, Mike and Maria Kanellis and several other WWE stars in stretching out their contracts for the foreseeable future.

Read more at https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezo...rson-wwe-contract-renewal#OY1ohm3pXa8Vue3j.99

Back