Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Wrestling News Thread

Word is that wwe wants to bring back the attitude era... but only in the third hour

lol

Lmao attitude era is dead and has been dead for almost 20 years. How about Vince just step away from creative? That definitely won’t happen though

Read this morning WWE already gave up on the 3rd hour being edgy. I didn't even notice but apparently the lighting on Raw in the 3rd hour was different then the past 2 weeks before this one as they were trying to make it less colorful for a "adult" setting and a few other tweaks but dropped it on this past Raw. I really didnt notice.

i noticed darker lighting/graphics a few weeks ago when Foley debuted the 24/7 title

that was the third hour and i was just tuning in, so I thought it was like that for the whole show

i actually liked the look

how do those Cena promos against the Rock look now??

oh and get ready for Rock/Cena 3 lol

They're only bringing it back b/c Fox wanted it right?
Dont think the Attituxe Era part was becauseRaw has nothing to do with the Fox deal that's USA. I think it's more so because of the hype AEW will continue with the roll out to their first show and wanting to made the product a little edgy to combat it.

Where does it say they gave up?

It was reported a week after. I'd have to look it up it was one wrestlezone or wrestleinc but it was speculated because WWE changed back the few thing they tweaked for the 3rd hour like darker lightening and different font styles/color.

Renee Young is highly likely to be the host of the weekly WWE studio show on FS1, The Big Lead has learned. FOX will air WWE Smackdown on the broadcast network beginning this Fall, and in April Triple H announced on First Things First that there will additionally be a weekly studio show will FS1 on Tuesday nights.

Young would be an excellent choice by FOX Sports for the program as she has a great wink-nod understanding with the audience on the surreality of professional wrestling. This was most prominently on display when she hosted Talking Smack, a WWE Smackdown postgame show that famously featured a heated confrontation between The Miz and a then-retired Daniel Bryan, which she handled immaculately:

Young signed with WWE in 2012 and made her on-air debut in 2013. She has had a number of roles with the company, including host, backstage interviewer, and now color commentator on Raw.

It will be interesting to see what other names from wrestling’s past and present FS1 assembles for this program.

John Cena was interviewed briefly by TMZ and when asked whether The Undertaker and Bill Goldberg should consider retirement after their match, said that that decision is up to each individual and that at 42 years old, it's something he struggles with and considers as well. Cena didn't specifically say he was looking at retirement, just that it's something he's considered. Cena also noted he was extremely grateful thay he'll be joining the Fast & Furious film franchise with the next film.

Back