Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Official Motherhood Thread

Remedy

Doper Than Coke
422695940f6a96bc4fe867f7133a9532--mother-daughter-art-mother-and-child.jpg

I'm not an official mother yet, but might possibly be in the near future. So I'm making this thread for all the Moms and future Moms of ABW.

Here we can discuss the ups and downs of parenthood...expectations vs reality. Give advice, things you wish you knew, what you've learned. Share the physical and mental changes you went through during your journey to motherhood. Did you always know you wanted children? Are you choosing different ways/methods to raise your kids than how you were brought up? What works for you and what doesn't? Fears about becoming mothers?

I love this.

My expectations prior to motherhood are completely different than the reality.

Its the most loving, irritating, hardest, most rewarding and tiresome job. No days off, can't call in sick, its doesn't stop...ever.

As much as I miss my "free" days...I wouldn't trade motherhood for the world.

I still don't know if I want any kids bc I'm still kinda selfish and wanna be at a particular financial state. I know many have said there's no such thing as bein financially ready, but I just feel I'm not as established as I wanna be personally.

I keep saying that I need time bc I feel as though I have been a mom to multiple people being that I'm the oldest child of my parents and the oldest of the grandchildren on my mom's side. I've also recently stopped being a nanny to my now 4 year old cousin just a few months ago, in which has been with me since he was about 2 or 3 months old. I think I'm tired of lookin at kids atm lolll.

But yea...I never really thought about the possibility of the many health and mental issues that may occur. I just have always expected to have a healthy, beautiful chocolate baby and I still do. Is that being unrealistic and a lil bit selfish?

I always knew I’d be a mother, lost my first pregnancy and then I got pregnant with my daughter a few years later.

It feels unreal though like many times I just lay here staring at my daughter and all I can think is “wow, I’m a mother!!”. I do practice positive gentle parenting.

I was afraid I wouldn’t be prepared to be a mother mentally and emotionally but every day is a learning experience. After I had her I felt like my path was clear. I didn’t even think I’d ever breastfeed but here I am and it’s became a huge part of my career path. I am truly happy that I’m her mother.

I will say that I miss being able to sleep when I want lmao. I spend my lunch breaks going back and forth with her on choosing what she would like to eat. Thinking about it right now I’m cracking up.
She’s my baby though, she’s awesome!

I still don't know if I want any kids bc I'm still kinda selfish and wanna be at a particular financial state. I know many have said there's no such thing as bein financially ready, but I just feel I'm not as established as I wanna be personally.

I keep saying that I need time bc I feel as though I have been a mom to multiple people being that I'm the oldest child of my parents and the oldest of the grandchildren on my mom's side. I've also recently stopped being a nanny to my now 4 year old cousin just a few months ago, in which has been with me since he was about 2 or 3 months old. I think I'm tired of lookin at kids atm lolll.

But yea...I never really thought about the possibility of the many health and mental issues that may occur. I just have always expected to have a healthy, beautiful chocolate baby and I still do. Is that being unrealistic and a lil bit selfish?
Not my place to judge or tell u how u feel but

I always been the type to think kids arent for me n the being a daddy shit was a turn off

But actually having one of your own completely changes that. U might love your niece n nephews, might love working with children at your job, but NOTHING compares to having your own. Whatever u are thinking now, is actually better than that. Now im considering having more with the 4 month old i got.

But of course only when u feel ready.

Not my place to judge or tell u how u feel but

I always been the type to think kids arent for me n the being a daddy shit was a turn off

But actually having one of your own completely changes that. U might love your niece n nephews, might love working with children at your job, but NOTHING compares to having your own. Whatever u are thinking now, is actually better than that. Now im considering having more with the 4 month old i got.

But of course only when u feel ready.
Loll that's exactly what I've been sayin, turned off by being a mom bc I've been around kids all my life.

In contrary, I'm a lil more open to having one or two in the future. Sometimes I backtrack in my head like
mrw-oc-asks-wYyTHMm50f4Dm
nah, :yikes1:I change my mind. Only time will tell....lots of time.

Loll that's exactly what I've been sayin, turned off by being a mom bc I've been around kids all my life.

In contrary, I'm a lil more open to having one or two in the future. Sometimes I backtrack in my head like
mrw-oc-asks-wYyTHMm50f4Dm
nah, :yikes1:I change my mind. Only time will tell....lots of time.
Lmao on the flip side i was barely around kids. I got 3 older sisters and im 31....they dont have kids. Im the first in my immediate fam.

But me n mine had an understanding, if she gets preg we're keeping it. Lo and behold. Love walking around holding my tiny lil daughter outside in my arms, Letting my parents spoil her, surprising her when i get home from work, watching her grow out her clothes and progress into smiling, talking, teething etc.

One year ago id be saying "nah not for me". Even when i was down to go thru with it i wasnt sure if i was ready but its not until it actually happens that u realize whatever u gotta do for your child is well worth anything youve aready been doing all your life.

Its just a different feeling from anything ive ever experienced and in a good way.

I didn’t want kids til I got pregnant and lost my first son. Told my baby daddy we fuckin raw errday til I get another baby in my damn uterus. He was wit it. Bam! Pregnant two months later.

Wouldn’t trade this lil boy for the world. I’ve had my battles with being a mommy but overall, I’ve been great. His dads parents, my mom, my dad, my step dad and his new wife are all there for him and spoil the shit outta his ass. I wanted more but I’m glad I didn’t have them when I wanted too. Now, I don’t want no more. AT ALL. I might literally fall into another depression if I have another kid, unless I’m legit with a nigga for the long term and it’s not an accident. That changes with circumstances but really at this point, nah. My sons 9 and old enough to do a lot on his own. It’s easier for me to travel with him being the only one cause the grandparents don’t mind when it’s one child they gotta watch.

It’s just great. Even with the weight problems he gave me. Well he ain’t totally to blame, whataburger played a major part in that too and other shit. He worth it tho.

I was just thinking a few days ago how blessed I am. I had difficult pregnancies. I was in and out of the hospital. Both were emergency c sections BUT they both were healthy and I healed.

A good friend of mine had her second miscarriage last weekend. She was already 4 months in. She was soooo excited and had already started buying things and picking names.

Her pain has been heavy on my heart. Becoming a mother shouldn't be taken for granted. There are so many Women out there who can't.

Reactions: Lea
I was diagnosed with PCOS back in Jan/Feb, one of the symptoms is infertility because of lack of ovaluation. That was a hard discussion to have with my love but he’s been so supportive❤️ I’ve come in contact with a woman who through lifestyle changes birthed her first son. She’s created a community of women just like me and these women have given so much hope and support. My love and I are starting our first 30 day PCOS challenge that removes all foods and toxins that aren’t good for my body in order to conceive. Motherhood is important for us and I pray that we get to experience it.

I was diagnosed with PCOS back in Jan/Feb, one of the symptoms is infertility because of lack of ovaluation. That was a hard discussion to have with my love but he’s been so supportive❤️ I’ve come in contact with a woman who through lifestyle changes birthed her first son. She’s created a community of women just like me and these women have given so much hope and support. My love and I are starting our first 30 day PCOS challenge that removes all foods and toxins that aren’t good for my body in order to conceive. Motherhood is important for us and I pray that we get to experience it.
Sending you all the positive energy!
I found out I have PCOS at 19.

I have pcos as well...I get maybe 3 periods/year if I'm not on birth control. I haven't conceived yet but I know I'm destined to have a child in my life.

My mom was adopted and she turned out wonderful...I have a feeling I'll be doing the same.

In the meantime time I have a nephew born in February, one that's 6 years old in Florida, and two little sisters.

Back