Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Official Fishing Thread: Any one here fish?

My son be into his phone but we use these poles that hold our rod. Every now and then he looks up and checks the pole. He says he really loves it now. He didn’t catch anything his first two times but was always eager to return. Third time that boy got ALL the bites.

That's good. Son will be out there all day with me if we catching fish. If not, he got an hour limit lol.

That's good. Son will be out there all day with me if we catching fish. If not, he got an hour limit lol.

Yea my son be out there chilling watching Netflix. Kicked back and my mama and her boyfriend always bring him snacks. Saturday he was too busy to chill. They was biting like crazy. He didn’t sit down no more. It was back to back bites between all of us but he caught the most. He already talking about when the next trip.

Do some research and fond the best spots to fish in your area and give it a shot. Cant go wrong woth wax worms, night crawlers, minnows, or artificial swim baits. Depending on what you are fishing for determines what to use.

When you do get out there, post up.
Yeah I'm going to have to find some ponds because all in going to catch from now on is crappie and bluegill. I'm done with them bottom dwellers and I might try my hand at bass. Never caught them before. Pops only loved the cats and that's all we fished for

Yeah I'm going to have to find some ponds because all in going to catch from now on is crappie and bluegill. I'm done with them bottom dwellers and I might try my hand at bass. Never caught them before. Pops only loved the cats and that's all we fished for

Crappie is 100% the best tasting fish IMO. They are harder to catch than bluegill, but still fun.

Why are crappie harder to catch?

They don't bite everything like blue gill do. Their eyes are also on the top of their head, so they normally don't chase bait below them. You kind of have to present it slightly above them so they see it.

And normally they are only in shallow water during the spring spawn (which is for a couple weeks in April in my area). After the spawn, they move to deeper water. The good thing about them is when you catch one, there generally are more in one spot because they are schooling fish. You just have to find the right depth to fish at.

I use a slip bobber and either live minnows or plastic jigs for them usually. I have also caught them on wax worms, just not as consistently.

Last edited:
Back