Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Yea, after seeing how David Copperfield still doing 2 shows a night even when he worth 800m don't tell me shit about Floyd beating up lol kids for close to 50 million being some how bull shit.

And don't get me started on WWE.

Rock gotta be 500m and I bet you he still gotta match or two still in him

How does that comparison make sense to you? Lol David Copperfield is still giving "real" magic shows. Floyd out here putting on fights he knows won't be competitive. Then again that's not that different from his actual boxing career, so...

How does that comparison make sense to you? Lol David Copperfield is still giving "real" magic shows. Floyd out here putting on fights he knows won't be competitive. Then again that's not that different from his actual boxing career, so...
He's performing.

He's not doing the physically challenging stuff he did in his prime... But he still performing.

Shit takerc and HHH just had a match

He's performing.

He's not doing the physically challenging stuff he did in his prime... But he still performing.

Shit takerc and HHH just had a match

Well if you are holding this in the sabe vein as some WWE shit, I guess you have a point.

I still would like to see it as a kickboxing match. He would have gained my respect for that, not that my respect matters .

https://www.boxingscene.com/adonis-stevenson-long-road-ahead-says-fiancee--135066

Adonis Stevenson Has a Long Road Ahead, Says Fiancee
By Luke Furman

As BoxingScene.com reported last week, former WBC light heavyweight world champion Adonis Stevenson has regained consciousness after three weeks in a coma following a December 1 knockout loss.

Stevenson was taken to hospital for treatment after an eleventh round knockout loss to Oleksandr Gvozdyk in Quebec City.

The boxer's fiancee, Simone "Sisi" God, issued an official statement to advise media and fans that the 41-year-old fighter was awake.

Only a few days earlier, the boxer's promoter Yvon Michel had told reporters in Canada that the light heavyweight remained unconscious.

Stevenson had defended his title nine times since 2013 before the loss.

While Stevenson was disconnected from the artificial respirator, he can not speak. He was given a tracheostomy to ensure his breathing.

"He manages to communicate with me. If he seems to have an itch near the nose, I'll scratch it a little. I'll ask him if that's what he wants. He answers with a very slight nod to say yes, or no if it is not. He can move his arms. Except that a movement towards his face can represent the effort of a whole day. But he recognizes me, and for me, it's wonderful. I was so afraid that he would not recognize me when he wakes up," said Simone God to The Montreal Journal.

God explained that she knew something was seriously wrong when Stevenson's fight had concluded.

"Yvon Michel came [to the dressing room] to show Adonis the judges' scorecards, telling him that he was leading on points before the KO. I saw the eyes of Adonis. Yes, there was pain and acceptance of defeat, but there was more. Dr. Fontaine asked him how he felt, if he had a headache. Adonis said he was okay. But he was hot and he decided to go take a shower. When he came back from the shower, he did not feel well. I saw it. Then he went to the bathroom and I followed him. He took a towel to cool off, and there he told me with an anguished voice: "Babe, I'm not okay at all, I have a headache." I had a tight chest, I knew he was really hurt, it was serious," she said.

Well if you are holding this in the sabe vein as some WWE shit, I guess you have a point.

I still would like to see it as a kickboxing match. He would have gained my respect for that, not that my respect matters .
Yes I'm putting it in the same light as WWE world tour...

Right now they are doing all these international shows for DUMB money and they pulling every old name that can be cleared to come out and get a part of this easy money.

They had a whole thing cuz some of them ain't want to perform to a country that just killed some reporters.

But most niggaz getting that check.

These rich foreign motherfuckers wanna pay big money to see these big American live athletes perform...

Floyd advertises himself as the best boxer of all time. Some people wanna see that live and in person and they'll pay 9 million for it....

He should have tried for more

I am 200% sure that any retired boxer in the world would have beat the shit out of that same kid for 9 million if he had the chance.

Mike Tyson fought Donnie Yen in a fucking IP man sequel and does all types of cash grabs off of his celebrity.

The ease of that shit for a nigga like floyd is on par with doing a commercial to sell car insurance

I am 200% sure that any retired boxer in the world would have beat the shit out of that same kid for 9 million if he had the chance.

Mike Tyson fought Donnie Yen in a fucking IP man sequel and does all types of cash grabs off of his celebrity.

The ease of that shit for a nigga like floyd is on par with doing a commercial to sell car insurance

I gotta disagree with you there. The broke boxers definitely would have, but the ones that held onto their money wouldn't. All retired boxers get these sideshow offers. Most don't take them. I think it was George Foreman that did something like fighting several people in a row the same night as an exhibition, and he was clowned for that shit.

Don't see why everyone is so mad at Floyd. He aint taking money out of anyone else's pockets. The fight popped up on my Youtube page and I scrolled right past it. People love keeping that man's name in their mouths. I appreciate what he did in boxing but the game has moved on. His cash grabs don't interest me so I don't see why people don't just ignore him if they don't like what he's doing.

https://www.boxingscene.com/adonis-stevenson-begins-speak-says-fiancee--135100

Adonis Stevenson Begins To Speak, Says Fiancee
By Luke Furman

Former WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson has started talking again, according to a statement his fiancee, Simone God, provided to The Montreal Journal.

Not only has the former champion began to speak, but he also moved his hands and feet. The doctors have now closed the hole that had been made in his throat for a tracheotomy.

"It gives us hope a lot," added God.

As BoxingScene.com reported last week, former WBC light heavyweight world champion Adonis Stevenson has regained consciousness after three weeks in a coma following a December 1 knockout loss.

Stevenson was taken to hospital for treatment after an eleventh round knockout loss to Oleksandr Gvozdyk in Quebec City.

The boxer's fiancee issued an official statement to advise media and fans that the 41-year-old fighter was awake.

On New Year's Eve, Stevenson received a visit from Sugar Hill, his head trainer. Hill came in from Detroit to spend the day with his boxer. Adonis wanted to see the last round of his last fight, but instead showed him a compilation of his last ten fights. On January 1, his promoter Yvon Michel visited him.

Steve Querry, a personal friend of Stevenson, and God showed the boxer some pictures of a beautiful house that Stevenson had built on the North Shore and he reportedly told them that he wants to "come home". But the paper states that it could take several weeks since the surgery to close his cranial box has not been completed yet.

Shout out to the baddest female boxer on the planet tho

floyd had one one TMT Latondria Jones. She J'Leon Love shorty.. She bad as fuck.. She could be a star if she could really fight, but floyd dont know what to do with her. He needs 2 step his promotional game up.
8950dd2aa7ecd62017d79df6f8264e39.jpg

https://www.boxingscene.com/hurd-i-turned-down-hearns-dazn-offer-haymon-doing-better--135147

Hurd: I Turned Down Hearn's DAZN Offer, Haymon Doing Better
By Lem Satterfield

IBF/IBO/WBA 154-pound champion Jarrett Hurd said he "turned down" an offer from Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn of England to join DAZN’s streaming service, calling it “a no-brainer” because his advisor “Al [Haymon] was already doing better.”

Hurd made his comments during a recent interview with Tha Boxing Voice hosted by Nestor Gibbs, and is aligned with Haymon Boxing’s Premier Boxing Champions, which has three- and four-year deals with the Showtime and Fox networks.

Hurd did not specify the timing of Hearn's approach, but the 28-year-old Accokeek, Maryland, resident has expressed interest in fighting former 147-pound champion, Kell Brook, of England, who is aligned with Hearn.

Among his considerations for his next defense, Hurd listed Brook, title challenger Julian Williams, or the winner of a rematch between Jermell Charlo and Tony Harrison, the latter of whom dethroned Charlo as WBC champion by unanimous decision last month.

“Of course we’ll go over to the UK. I’m trying to not just be an international fighter. I’m trying to be an all over the world fighter. We would definitely love to fight in the UK,” said Hurd.

“I know how the fight would play out with [Brook.] We can’t leave it up to the judges because we’re going over there to his home town, so if we’re definitely going over to the UK, I’m definitely going for the knockout.”

After saying that Hean's offer did not specifically address a Book fight, Hurd engaged in a short sequence that went as follows:

Host Michael Gross: Has [Eddie Hearn] approached you with a joining Matchroom USA and possibly DAZN offer?

Hurd: “Oh yeah, he offered that to me, but I’m happy over here with Al Haymon, and I turned down the offer.”

Gibbs: It obviously wasn’t good enough, but, like, how good was it?

Hurd: Well, put it like this: Whatever they offered me, Al was already doing better, so it was a no-brainer.

“These guys run these offers down for a reason. Al takes care of his fighters over here on this side and he’s dong such a great job with us, man, why leave?,” said Hurd. “Now he’s just got the big network on prime time TV with FOX, and you can’t get no better than that. It’s almost as good as being on ESPN.”

good move for hurd...

good fight for khan and crawford, even though we know crawford gonna smoke him

https://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-shuffles-two-court-cases-sexual-misconduct--135188

Adrien Broner Shuffles Two Court Cases For Sexual Misconduct

According to TMZ Sports, former four division world champion Adrien Broner has a busy Monday -- he's got dates in two courtrooms in two states to face two separate allegations of sexual misconduct.

Broner was arrested back in February in Atlanta for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman at a local shopping mall. A woman told cops that Broner allegedly groped her against her will.

Just 4 months later, Broner was arrested again in Cleveland for allegedly throwing himself on top of a woman at a nightclub and forcing her to kiss him. He's facing multiple felony counts including gross sexual imposition and abduction.

As fate would have it ... both cases have been scheduled for January 7 -- and since he can't be in two places at once, he has to decide which hearing he wants to attend.

Sources told TMZ states that Broner is planning on sending a lawyer in his place to Ohio -- where he's not required to attend the hearing in person.

Does that mean he'll be in Atlanta instead? Broner has a habit of blowing off court cases ... so, no one really knows where he'll be.

Adrien is facing 5 separate charges for the two incidents ... and if he's convicted on all counts -- he could go to jail for a total of nine years.

The craziest part of the story -- Broner also has a court date in Florida on Jan. 23 stemming from his arrest for failure to appear in court earlier this month for traffic violations.

While all of this is going on, Broner is hard at training with coach Kevin Cunningham for a scheduled fight with WBA "regular" welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao, which is scheduled for January 19th at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The contest will be carried on Showtime Pay-Per-View.

https://www.boxingscene.com/mares-distances-self-from-video-directed-gervonta-davis--135204

Mares Distances Self From Video Directed at Gervonta Davis
By Lem Satterfield

Abner Mares distanced himself from an edited obscenity-laced video that appeared on Facebook on Sunday night with his image and a dubbed-over, Spanish-speaking voice directed at upcoming rival Gervonta Davis, calling it a misrepresentation of an English-spoken message he shared paying homage to his supporting fans.

The three-division champion said he was thanking fans on the 14th-year anniversary of his career in boxing, and that it is the dubbed-over Spanish-speaking man’s voice which incorrectly translates what is being said, ultimately directing the expletive-laden assault in English words that do not belong to him.

“I’m just seeing this right now. Obviously I didn’t say that. I was speaking in English and they were speaking over me in Spanish,” said Mares, during an interview with BoxingScene.com in response to being informed of the video via text.

“And then, right at the end, they said those things in English as if I said it. But it’s a mimic. The other guy was just mimicking me. He’s basically putting it in his own words, translating it into a funny version, but those words never came out of my mouth. They’re trying to be funny, I guess. It is funny as hell, but that’s not my voice.”

In the video, Mares is shown on a sunny day, standing and speaking into the camera on a neighborhood street, clearly speaking in English. The voice-over, however, is in Spanish until right at the end of the video.

“Hey, Gervonta Davis, you cheeseburger eating mother***er,” said the voice. “I'm a beat your ass, fool. Just watch, I promise.”

“The original version is in English, bro, because today’s my anniversary of 14 years after I debuted in 2005. So basically my video is thanking the fans for their support,” said Mares, referring to a second-round TKO of Luis Malave on January 6, 2005.

“I say we’ve been going 14 years strong, being a four-time, three-division champion, and come February 9, I’ll become a four-division champion -- and that’s all I say. I spoke in English and the guy’s translating in Spanish, but, obviously, it’s nothing that I’m saying. Then he finishes with that message in English, which is not in my video.”

The 33-year-old Mares (31-3-1, 18 KOs) is rising from 126 pounds for his 130-pound debut in an attempt to win a fourth title in as many weight divisions on February 9 against the 24-year-old Davis (20-0,19 KOs), a southpaw WBA “super” junior featherweight champion in pursuit of his 12th straight knockout victory at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Back