Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

BJS next & Plant in Sept.... he wants to be undisputed @168........ i read that Andre Ward would come out of retirement to fight Canelo if he called out his name.

Canelo and GGG both avoided Andre Ward.. They forced Ward to move up and fight Kovalev, then he retired cause nobody would fight him..

How did Canelo and GGG avoid Ward when they weren't even in the same weight class? Canelo was still fighting at 154 when Ward retired at 175. GGG and Ward could've happened but only at a catch weight (164) but the fight never got made for whatever reason. Nobody forced Ward to move up. He had trouble making 168 and felt stronger if he didn't have to cut as much weight.

Ward retired because he didn't think he had anything more to prove and his trouble with injuries. His body was breaking down more and more. The only fight at LHW that was interesting for him at that time was Adonis Stevenson. Stevenson was the WBC champion. Ward was only one fight away to hold all the belts and could become the Undisputed LHW but decided to retire instead. He said he wasn't ducking Stevenson, he beat the best "Kovalev" and it was basically time to go......

How did Canelo and GGG avoid Ward when they weren't even in the same weight class? Canelo was still fighting at 154 when Ward retired at 175. GGG and Ward could've happened but only at a catch weight (164) but the fight never got made for whatever reason. Nobody forced Ward to move up. He had trouble making 168 and felt stronger if he didn't have to cut as much weight.

Ward retired because he didn't think he had anything more to prove and his trouble with injuries. His body was breaking down more and more. The only fight at LHW that was interesting for him at that time was Adonis Stevenson. Stevenson was the WBC champion. Ward was only one fight away to hold all the belts and could become the Undisputed LHW but decided to retire instead. He said he wasn't ducking Stevenson, he beat the best "Kovalev" and it was basically time to go......
I remember Ward calling out GGG and Canelo and was willing to meet at a catch weight for either fight, they both ignored him so he went up in weight..

Canelo fought little ass Amir Khan and GGG fought Kell Brook.. Both fights took place in 2016...

I remember Ward calling out GGG and Canelo and was willing to meet at a catch weight for either fight, they both ignored him so he went up in weight..

Canelo fought little ass Amir Khan and GGG fought Kell Brook.. Both fights took place in 2016...

Now you're making up stuff.....Ward has never called out Canelo.

Yes, Canelo did fight Amir and guess who was helping Amir in camp - Andre Ward. Amir was coached by Ward's trainer Virgil Hunter back then and Ward was one of the few people who believed Amir had a good chance to win but Ward himself has never called out Canelo.

Moving up to LHW was a natural thing, easier to make the weight. He fought at LHW in the amateurs so he was comfortable at that weight class.

Nah it was mostly Abel Sanchez talking that Ward shit too boost GGG up. Ward didn’t really mention GGG much from what i remember. Abel knew they wasn’t gonna fight Ward tho

I forgot Canelo was even fighting cause it was such a bullshit fight. I can see I was proven right that is was a forgettable fight.

Andrade should be slapping the shit out of Hearn for the bullshit job he's done for him in terms of quality of fights. Shit this should be unacceptable to Andrade

Hearn: Golovkin Could Face Munguia, Murata - Canelo Focused on Unification

Couldn't find anything about Canelo, but found a couple articles about
GGG/ward

Back