Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Watching Danny Garcia open workout he seemed to be holding back a little and just going through the motions for the fight.

Watching Spence workout he seemed like he opened up and worked out a little harder because he wanted to show he was good after the accident.

Makes sense for both fighters IMO and I'm still going with Spence to win. I always thought he was better and that hasn't changed.

This a dangerous fight for Spence coming off that car accident, Danny hit hard as fuck..

I think Spence should’ve took a tune up fight..

I disagree with taking the tune-up fight.

If Spence really fucked up from that accident then he could lose the tune-up fight for less money.

He getting a big check for this fight and if he not the same cause of the accident then he got the big cash out check.

If Spence wins then it just raises his stock that much more because he beat a top 5 welterweight coming off a bad accident.

Taking the Garcia is a win win in my book even if he loses cause he not the same anymore.

What exactly do people expect of Crawford when they say "promote himself"?
You talking about from Bob's stand point?

It's a cop out, Bud ain't gotta do shit for Bob but show up and do the damn thing. But the way he's handling himself now....I think he has unreasonable expectations on how the business goes.

When I as a fan say promote yourself, I mean go out and make the fights on your own. Don't look for a reason a fight won't happen... Find a reason for it to happen.

Teo went straight at Loma. He would show up at his fights. Make videos n shit on his own time. Do everything he could to make himself relevant to that fight.

Bud does a lot of posturing. Lot of excuses.

They want Crawford to act an Ass....cause that's what they want to see from a Black man... It's bullshit.. Like somebody else said, EU fighters don't have to do all that. Loma barely speak English and they tried to create the great White Hype with him... You see these Black and Latino fighters on PBC getting promo and big fights without having to 'promote themselves'. TR did a poor job promoting Crawford, but I think he allowed it.

An unapologetic Arum doubled down on his controversial Crawford comments and blamed Crawford’s team for fueling their drama in a BoxingScene.com story posted Monday.

“I don’t give a sh-t,” Arum told BoxingScene.com. “I don’t care because what (Crawford’s team) did was reprehensible. The lawyer (Kinney) sent a letter to us. OK, that’s fine. That’s what lawyers do. But you don’t release it to the press. All of this should have been behind closed doors, like what men do. I’m not going to take this sh-t. I’m just not going to do it because the truth is, I’ve lost money with this guy.”

Arum informed BoxingScene.com that he believes McIntyre leaked details of Crawford’s contract to The Athletic for a story posted to that website November 13, the day before the Crawford-Brook bout. The 88-year-old promoter was especially bothered by the revelation that he had promised to pay Crawford $1 million if Top Rank didn’t make an offer in 2020 to Spence for a welterweight title unification fight with Crawford.

Arum also told BoxingScene.com that he has removed himself from future dealings with Crawford and his team. He said his stepson, Top Rank president Todd duBoef, will handle all Crawford-related interactions moving forward.

They want Crawford to act an Ass....cause that's what they want to see from a Black man... It's bullshit.. Like somebody else said, EU fighters don't have to do all that. Loma barely speak English and they tried to create the great White Hype with him... You see these Black and Latino fighters on PBC getting promo and big fights without having to 'promote themselves'. TR did a poor job promoting Crawford, but I think he allowed it.
It doesn't have to be that extreme. It never has to be that extreme. But you gotta work.

Back