Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

I love what lalia did for the sport...

But she didn't even fight as an amateur...

She got dropped before.... And I'm pretty sure her belt game was lacking...

Not to mention she wanted nooooooo problems with Anne Wolfe

She cool n all... But she was more of a novelty act. Like butterbean.... Yeah he had hands.... But he ain't getting in there with the real killers... Lalia needs to stop smoking cuz Shields will destroy hey for a career pay day... She has nothing to lose

I love what lalia did for the sport...

But she didn't even fight as an amateur...

She got dropped before.... And I'm pretty sure her belt game was lacking...

Not to mention she wanted nooooooo problems with Anne Wolfe

She cool n all... But she was more of a novelty act. Like butterbean.... Yeah he had hands.... But he ain't getting in there with the real killers... Lalia needs to stop smoking cuz Shields will destroy hey for a career pay day... She has nothing to lose
Anne Wolf punch like she's a nigga, I don't blame Laila for ducking

tumblr_noznjmAjeE1rvcjd7o2_250.gifv

It's always good to be vindicated.

I be knowing what the fuck I be talking about.... And while some people recognize it....a lot of motherfuckers just don't think I be knowing.

I've maintained for years that Mike's decline started when Rooney left. Way before he ever lost to Douglas. I've consistently argued this point over like 7-8 boxing forums and Facebook groups... Shit crazy...

People think I be pulling shit out my ass but here is one of the most intelligent fighters to ever get in the ring...a man who was considered the best heavyweight in the same generation Mike existed.... And he says Mike ain't look human until Rooney left...

I keep telling people, Mike with Rooney was the closest thing to perfection we as humans will ever see. And they never lived up to his full potential because Rooney left Mike at 21.

If Rooney stays with Mike his entire career..... How we look at his legacy would be dramatically different.

Imagine Mike at a full mature 25-30 fighting under Rooney..... Dude would have destroyed holyfield Moorer Lewis bowe

He would have clipped big George for coming out of retirement

He woulda prolly killed tua and Ruiz

Shit would have been different.... So much different.

10 more years with Rooney and Mike would have universally been considered the best to ever do it...

Who the fuck PEAKS at 21?

We got 21 year olds now who ain't ready for the next level.

Only Tyson haters don't acknowledge that he dropped off after Rooney. That said, I don't think Mike's ability diminished. I think his commitment to the fight game diminished. Without that team he lost discipline. He didn't train the same, and he didn't have that tether to keep him on point.

I don't agree that Holyfield poked any holes in the Peek-a-Boo style. He did have a good gameplan against Tyson though. Tyson really didn't have any ability for fighting at a distance. So wrapping him up and using dirty boxing was good strategy. That said, Tyson wasn't as sharp in those fights. I think even at his best, Holyfield would have given him a good fight, but I think at his best, Tyson would have been a bit quicker to the punch and used more combinations. I think Evander could have beaten Tyson at any point. The fight could have gone either way, but yeah, Tyson would have beaten everyone else in the division at the time.

On a completely unrelated note, Laila Ali is talking about she would come out of retirement to fight Clarissa Shields. She don't want that just like she didn't want Anne Wolfe.

Back