Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

If Bud want the fight, just leave top rank like Manny did. That really is the simplest solution. The longer he stays with Bob, the more I'm thinking he just enjoy the attention and don't really want the fights at all

If Bud want the fight, just leave top rank like Manny did. That really is the simplest solution. The longer he stays with Bob, the more I'm thinking he just enjoy the attention and don't really want the fights at all
Not that simple if he has a contract. Could end up missing years of his career like Ward did with Goosen

Yeah, he could just buy his way out. Same exact thing Floyd did when Bob got in the way of him and Oscar

Can't be scared to make money.

Bob sued Floyd for the 8 million left on his contract. By the time he had to actually pay, he already had 3 fights including the one with Oscar making over 100m

The 8 wasn't nothing.

I'm sure haymon will give Bud an advance. And 3 fights with PBC will be way more than anything he gets staying on top rank fighting on ESPN.

At this rate Bud will fight bums for the next 8-10 years until some prospect comes along and put him down

Can't be scared to make money.

Bob sued Floyd for the 8 million left on his contract. By the time he had to actually pay, he already had 3 fights including the one with Oscar making over 100m

The 8 wasn't nothing.

I'm sure haymon will give Bud an advance. And 3 fights with PBC will be way more than anything he gets staying on top rank fighting on ESPN.

At this rate Bud will fight bums for the next 8-10 years until some prospect comes along and put him down
That's a lot of speculation there. Wasnt that long ago that he signed a contract extension with Arum either so if there's no release clause then it's not a question of simply dropping dough, especially as he is one of Arum's only high profile stars left. I would actually like it if you were right, but I don't think you are

Yeah, he could just buy his way out. Same exact thing Floyd did when Bob got in the way of him and Oscar

There actually has to be a buyout clause for him to do that. If there isn't a buyout clause then Arum has to agree to letting Crawford buy himself out of his contract.

Bud is just trying to hype the fight because he sees Spence popularity and profile growing while his shit ain't going no where. IMO Crawford is going about it the wrong way.

Nothing wrong with trash talk but this shit just dumb and it ain't going to get shit popping for that fight in the right way.

Mikey Garcia is a perfect example of dealing with Arum when there isn't a buyout clause. Mikey sat on the sidelines for 2 years for his contract to come to end.

Floyd and Arum didn't pay each other shit after that buyout for $750K.

Floyd was suing Arum for some money Arum owed him from a ppv fight and Arum sued Floyd for some money I believe he said he advanced Floyd before. I believe they both just said fuck it nobody paid either anything from those lawsuits.

Thing is Bob dirty.

He killed HBO boxing by signing the deal with ESPN.

Then he has his top guys Manny, Loma and Bud fighting on ESPN making scraps instead of HBO making big dollars.

Manny fought Jeff Horn in the middle of the day on regular ass ESPN. Not even ESPN plus. That had to been the final straw, cuz Manny leaves top rank and next thing you know he's fighting back to back ppv's as the main event as he should be.

I don't know how Bud didn't go right along with him.

Now he doing interviews claiming everybody scared of him. Knowing damn well if he came to PBC with Manny he'd have every fighter he wants lined up ready to go.

It's just dishonest business. I'm becoming less and less of a fan of Bud, bcuz he's insulting the intelligence of the fans who have been here before with Bob and his fighters.

It just stings a little more bcuz he's black. Normally it's the foreign fighters with the mislead loyalty. Not our folk. Wtf he ain't come to PBC from the jump. It's clearly the banner for black fighters.

Thing is Bob dirty.

He killed HBO boxing by signing the deal with ESPN.

Then he has his top guys Manny, Loma and Bud fighting on ESPN making scraps instead of HBO making big dollars.

Manny fought Jeff Horn in the middle of the day on regular ass ESPN. Not even ESPN plus. That had to been the final straw, cuz Manny leaves top rank and next thing you know he's fighting back to back ppv's as the main event as he should be.

I don't know how Bud didn't go right along with him.

Now he doing interviews claiming everybody scared of him. Knowing damn well if he came to PBC with Manny he'd have every fighter he wants lined up ready to go.

It's just dishonest business. I'm becoming less and less of a fan of Bud, bcuz he's insulting the intelligence of the fans who have been here before with Bob and his fighters.

It just stings a little more bcuz he's black. Normally it's the foreign fighters with the mislead loyalty. Not our folk. Wtf he ain't come to PBC from the jump. It's clearly the banner for black fighters.

You some points.

It's not guaranteed that Crawford would get all the fights he wants. Thurman, Garcia and Porter all didn't fight Spence. Porter only fought him cause he basically had nobody else to fight. Danny Garcia stock has dropped is the only reason he got in the ring and said he wanted to fight Spence.

Manny told Arum he wanted 20Mill to fight Crawford and Arum was smart to tell him no. No way in the world Arum would've made profit off that fight paying Manny 20Mill.

The business is fucked up because truthfully Crawford shouldn't have to sign with PBC to get those fights. It's the way it is but it shouldn't be that way. Crawford getting 3Mill guaranteed right now. Which is a good money. So it wasn't complete stupidity for him to resign at the same time being the main welterweight under top rank.

I get what you saying but it ain't no where near that simple as you trying to make it.

Damn.. hope my dude have a quick recovery... I get the impression that Spence need to live a more disciplined lifestyle

Back