Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Read a article on Boxing Scene that industry folks are predicting 75,000-100,000 ppv buys Thurman v Barrios.

I think that it might max out at around 75,000 at best

Not sure how true it is but I’m hearing that Thurman vs Barrios is supposed to set up a Thurman vs Tank Davis fight at 147…

I know they had words not too long ago…

Glad this fight is happening cause the 1st one was a damn good fight.

PBC does their fighters a real disservice by announcing fights like these so close to the fight date. That doesn't really give fans much time if need be to plan a trip to go watch the fight live. That fucks with tickets sales which in turns fucks with other goods sold at the fight. Down line it fucks with fights purses cause it makes the fighter look like they not generating a lot of revenue.

Not a real comparison but some of things that helped Floyd, De la Hoya and now Canelo is folks knew what dates they were fighting on well in advance. So they could plan for folks to watch their kid(s) or pets, save money for flights, hotel and tickets, etc.

Announcing a fight in LA for next month doesn't really give fans the time to put shit together. Kind of a bad business model IMO.

Back