Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Yo I hate hearing people say a fighters took a dive, its especially crazy to think Kovalev took a dive against Canelo...

Getting KO'd though the ropes is a hard way to take a 'dive'...

Its obvious Kovalev is not the stone cold fighter he once was years back. Ward kind of took his soul and mystique... Abit like when Tyson lost to Douglas and Holyfield...

Add to the fact Kovalev had a HARD fight against Yarde only 10 weeks ago, which is crazy plus he has alot of out of the ring/legal issues and alleged alcohol problems...

He hasnt really had that killer instance since becoming a father and being a comfortable millionaire, its like its made him more civilised...

Like him or not, you just need to give Canelo massive props...

People really need to stop saying it was fixed and Kovalev took a dive. Yes, Kov is past his prime and everything, we already knew that coming into this fight but fuck conspiracy theories and just give Canelo his credit. Kovalev was badly hurt. That left hook to the ear completely threw his balance and coordination off. That straight right that KOd Kovalev was the punch he didn’t see coming and It landed flush on a tired and hurt Kovalev. Precision and speed will be Canelos' greatest assets if he stays at LHW.

Last edited:
Canelo conditioned Kovalev into fearing left hooks to the body all night. Then got knocked out in the 11th when Canelo faked another left to the body that ended up being a left to the temple. That's just good boxing and sticking to a game plan. Let's not forget that Canelo was getting booed for not putting on a fight entertaining to casuals just the round or two prior because of that game plan.

Kovalev's corner spent the entire night telling him that Canelo is trying to set a trap and Kovalev just couldn't avoid falling into it.

Canelo never let him get set, dudde was constantly moving...

the conditioning was a huge factor, most LHWY don't move like that, so it took adjustments, that Kovalev couldn't make..

all he could do was jab, and the jab was becoming less and less effective...

Translation I don't want that Loma smoke for the time being

Yo I hate hearing people say a fighters took a dive, its especially crazy to think Kovalev took a dive against Canelo...

Getting KO'd though the ropes is a hard way to take a 'dive'...

Its obvious Kovalev is not the stone cold fighter he once was years back. Ward kind of took his soul and mystique... Abit like when Tyson lost to Douglas and Holyfield...

Add to the fact Kovalev had a HARD fight against Yarde only 10 weeks ago, which is crazy plus he has alot of out of the ring/legal issues and alleged alcohol problems...

He hasnt really had that killer instance since becoming a father and being a comfortable millionaire, its like its made him more civilised...

Like him or not, you just need to give Canelo massive props...
It shakes people's core that say such and such is better than Canelo... And Canelo won't fight young hungry lions

They wanted it to be true

I watched Inoue/Donaire Friday night, what a fckn fight, FOTY candidate... Inoue has been in my P4P list for sometime so credit to Donaire who went toe to toe with him... Hopefully this is Donaire's last fight, dude has had an incredible career and it would be a great fight and performance to bow out on...

I watched Inoue/Donaire Friday night, what a fckn fight, FOTY candidate... Inoue has been in my P4P list for sometime so credit to Donaire who went toe to toe with him... Hopefully this is Donaire's last fight, dude has had an incredible career and it would be a great fight and performance to bow out on...

Im mad i forgot about that one

Back