Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

I would of taken the 3 fight dazn deal for wilder.

Cant say its haymon cause Jacob's over there and still the advisor.

Just cant see him pulling in enough to make that up

Them niggas look like they on molly or some shit. Wassup wit niggas trying to be all up under niggas hugged up and shit? Could AB be secretly gay and that be the reason for his mental breakdown and suicidal post? It makes alot more sense smh.

This nigga is so dumb...

https://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-under-fire-threatening-shoot-gays--137261

Adrien Broner Under Fire After Threatening To Shoot Gays

Former four division world champion Adrien Broner, 29-years-old, is once again under fire, after shooting off a homophobic rant on social media - where the boxer threatened to shoot gay men “in the f***ing face” if they “try to touch him.”

Broner, who is no stranger to making controversial statements, took to Instagram with his video comments - which appear to be in response to viral star Andrew Caldwell sending him direct messages on the platform.

"If any f*g punk ass n*gga come run up on me, trying to touch me on all that gay sh*t, I'm letting you know right now, if I ain't got my gun on me, I'm knocking you the f*** out,” Broner stated. "If I've got my gun on me, I'm shooting you in the f***ing face. That's on God. I ain't playing with none of these n*ggas. I don't want that gay sh*t."

In 2014, Caldwell went viral on the internet after taking part in a church service - where he claimed to have switched from being homosexual to straight.

"Andrew Caldwell if you don't get out of my inbox before I punch the testosterone out yo gay ass!," Broner wrote on Instagram.

"These n*ggas bold as f***! I guess I don’t do enough gangsta sh*t no more smh for respect you got to shoot a n*gga get a n*gga shot every week..... #F***OutOfHERE."

In response, Caldwell tried to push Broner's buttons by claiming the boxer was the one pursuing him.

Broner was last in the ring back in January, when he lost a twelve round unanimous decision to WBA "regular" champion Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

In the last few years, Broner has had several court cases for a number of offenses. Most recently, the boxer was cleared of case from 2018 where a woman claimed he groped her at a shopping mall.

https://www.boxingscene.com/don-king-tabs-shumenov-goulamiriam-thrilla-kazakhstan--137307

Don King Tabs Shumenov-Goulamiriam as 'Thrilla in Kazakhstan'
By Don King Productions

Deerfield Beach, FL - It’s a new day in Kazakhstan.

The world’s greatest boxing promoter and peace ambassador, Don King, has sent his well wishes to outgoing President Nursultan Nazaarbayeu after 30 years of service to his country and welcomed interim President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev.

King, who promoted the Thrilla in Manila featuring Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier, and the Rumble in the Jungle with Ali and George Foreman, is at it again.

King is proposing bringing the “Thrilla in Kazakhstan” promoting peace, harmony and unity for the Kazakhstanian people. The card will feature hometown hero and cruiserweight title holder Beibut Shumenov defending his title against “interim” beltholder Arsen Goulamiriam of France in the month of May.

“I’m excited about the prospect of Shumenov returning home to defend his title and meet both the outgoing and the new President of his country,” said King. “I’m planning to put together another great Don King Productions extravaganza. It will be a night of boxing that Kazakhstan and the United States will not forget.”

Shumenov (18-2, 12 KOs) has won four consecutive fights, the last coming July 7 last year as he stopped Hizni Altunkaya in the ninth round to win the vacant WBA World Cruiserweight title. The 31-year-old is from Shymkent, Kazakhstan and currently trains in Las Vegas, NV.

Goulamiriam (24-0, 16 KOs) is a 31-year-old Frenchman, who last March stopped previously unbeaten Ryad Merhy in the 11th round to notch the interim title and then kept the interim title last October in his homeland, with a ninth round KO of Mark Flanagan.

Don King is still out here trying...

https://www.boxingscene.com/dazn-reveals-9999-yearly-plan-monthly-increase-1999--137287

DAZN Reveals $99.99 Yearly Plan, Monthly Increase to $19.99

By Keith Idec

If you already subscribe to DAZN, you will have received much of this information in an email Thursday afternoon.

If you’re considering subscribing or have been hesitant to do so, what you need to know is that the emerging streaming service has made some alterations to its subscription packages. Since its official launch in the United States with the Anthony Joshua-Alexander Povetkin fight September 22, DAZN has offered mostly boxing and MMA content for a monthly subscription cost of $9.99 per month.

Starting Monday, DAZN will become available at two price points.

A yearly subscription plan will cost $99.99, or slightly less, $8.33, than the current monthly subscription rate of $9.99. New subscribers also can continue paying on a month-to-month basis, but at twice the cost, $19.99, than the current $9.99 per month.

DAZN’s plan understandably is to put pricing in place that’ll help build its base of sustained subscriptions. Unlike U.S. boxing competitors ESPN, FOX and Showtime, DAZN’s viewership figures aren’t known because DAZN doesn’t release its subscription figures.

Its current model affords boxing fans and others opportunities to pay $9.99 or to use a one-time, free, 30-day trial, through which fans can watch a particular fight of interest. Then they can cancel before that trial expires or prior to paying another $9.99 for a subsequent one-month subscription.

A change in pricing and strategy for monthly subscriptions seemed inevitable once DAZN began spending inordinate, unprecedented sums of money to lure top-tier boxing talent to its platform. Multiple sources have confirmed to BoxingScene.com that DAZN will pay approximately a combined $100 million to stream the Canelo Alvarez-Daniel Jacobs, Anthony Joshua-Jarrell Miller and Gennady Golovkin fights over less than a two-month period in May and June.

DAZN boss John Skipper also offered WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder a four-fight deal recently that would’ve been worth $120 million. Wilder turned down that deal, which would’ve included a heavyweight title unification fight against Joshua and an immediate rematch.

The Alabama-based knockout artist cited his loyalty to Showtime and Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions among the reasons for not accepting that offer. Showtime will televise the May 18 bout between Wilder and mandatory challenger Dominic Breazeale from Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Meanwhile, current DAZN subscribers also will be afforded the option of continuing to pay $9.99 on a month-to-month basis until March 2020.

“That’s an acknowledgement and a thanks to a group of people who’ve joined us early in our U.S. journey,” Joe Markowski, executive vice president for DAZN North America, told BoxingScene.com. “For those people, their [monthly] price will be maintained for one year. So, you will pay $9.99 a month until the end of March 2020. At that point, you can either move your subscription onto one of our new monthly or annual subscriptions that go into effect next week.”

The plan and pricing changes coincide with the launch of DAZN’s new Major League Baseball show, “Changeup.” That show – basically baseball’s equivalent to NFL’s “Red Zone” – will cost DAZN a reported $100 million per season over the course of a three-year contract.

Markowski understands that these pricing and subscription changes will invite criticism, but he reminded subscribers and potential subscribers that DAZN still offers boxing fans and fans of other sports value for their money.

“What we’re doing, in addition to that annual pass, is continue to offer that monthly option at a price of $19.99 a month,” Markowski said. “For that month, it would be offered in the exact same way as our [yearly] pass. You would get all content, all programming, in the 30 days that follow your entry to our platform. I think the best illustration of that value is if you join DAZN under that monthly option on May the 4th for, let’s be honest, a fraction of the value of one pay-per-view fight elsewhere in the market, you’re gonna get Canelo-Jacobs – without question the fight of the year on the schedule right now – the semifinal of the Bellator Welterweight World Grand Prix, AJ at Madison Square Garden and every single day of that month, the live MLB show that we’re launching at the end of this month. That’s a true reflection of that value, at a fraction of one-pay-per-view fight night.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/jermell-charlo-found-not-guilty-on-domestic-violence-charges--137267

Jermell Charlo Found Not Guilty On Domestic Violence Charges
By Keith Idec

Jermell Charlo was found not guilty Wednesday in a Dallas courtroom on two counts of domestic violence against a former girlfriend.

A jury ruled in favor of Charlo after testimony from the woman, previously identified by numerous media outlets as Jazmyne Olison. The former WBC super welterweight champion had been charged with felony domestic assault for allegedly choking Olison and a misdemeanor charge for allegedly striking her.

Arnold Joseph, Charlo’s attorney, told BoxingScene.com early Wednesday evening that once the verdict was rendered, Charlo felt a great sense of relief upon leaving the 203rd judicial circuit court in downtown Dallas.

“He’s ecstatic,” Joseph said. “As a matter of fact, he was offered an opportunity to plead guilty to a lower charge before the trial started. But he stuck by his convictions, because he knew he didn’t do it. He risked it all, because the outcome could’ve been catastrophic had he been found guilty.”

Houston’s Charlo, 28, suffered his first professional defeat in his last fight. Detroit’s Tony Harrison (28-2, 21 KOs) upset Charlo (31-1, 15 KOs) by unanimous decision in their 12-round, 154-pound title fight December 22 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Their contractually mandated immediate rematch for the WBC super welterweight title likely will take place sometime in June.

He beat former WBA champion Austin Trout by majority decision in their 12-round title bout June 9 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. That fight took place three weeks after Charlo was arrested charged in this case last May 18, which Olison told police took place “on or about” last May 17.

Charlo posted a $20,000 bond and was released that day. Six months after defeating Trout, he lost his title to Harrison.

Arnold believes the stress associated with this case adversely affected Charlo while training for his past two fights.

“It certainly hangs over your head,” Joseph said. “This has been looming over his head for almost a year now, because the assault allegedly happened last May. So, who amongst us could focus on fighting or doing anything, especially something as serious as training for fights and fighting, with this hanging over his head? This is literally a difference of day and night between the person I’ve seen before the verdict and now. It’s a sense of relief.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-team-wilder-try-end-my-fing-empire-end-me--137260

Hearn To Team Wilder: Try To End My F***ing Empire, End Me!

Eddie Hearn, promoter for IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, has verbally erupted after Deontay Wilder's decision to take a pass on a multi-fight offer presented by streaming service DAZN.

Hearn and his company, Matchroom Sport, are contractually aligned with DAZN.

Hearn had hoped that a deal between DAZN and Wilder, who holds the WBC world title, would finally set the stage for a unification with Joshua in the fall.

According to Hearn, Wilder's managers - Al Haymon and Shelly Finkel - are working against the boxer.

On Tuesday, Wilder and his team officially announce a May 18th showdown with mandatory challenger Dominic Breazeale. The bout will take place on Showtime, from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Joshua is by far the biggest star in Hearn's stable - and he's daring Wilder and his team to take Joshua down.

"Unfortunately, especially hearing people’s comments yesterday, for them it’s become not about the fighter it’s become about the business. If you listen to Shelly’s comments about 'once Wilder knocks out Joshua, Matchroom’s empire is over.' The f*** has it go to do with Matchroom empire? We’re only trying to make a fight. It’s about Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder, it’s about the fighters. You can’t advise someone, you can’t manage someone, if you’re thinking about an organisation, or plotting a downfall of an organisation. It’s irrelevant. It’s just about the fighters. Don’t worry about me, worry about getting the fight made," Hearn told IFL TV.

"And on that comment, if Wilder knocking out Anthony Joshua ends the Matchroom empire, end the f***ing empire. Do it. Do it. End me. Let him knock Anthony Joshua out. End Eddie Hearn. End him. Do it, don’t just talk about it, do it. So it’s becoming really frustrating. It’s disappointing and it baffles me. It completely baffles me. But the main thing is, the only pleasing thing to come out of this, is that people are now seeing the truth. And when you see the replies to his posts, people are now starting to wise up and say, 'F***, he never wanted the fight all along.'

"And the sad thing is, I don’t even think it’s Deontay. He’s just being told what to do, or brainwashed into what to do. It’s sad because the hatred is so deep that people are losing sight of what their jobs are. My job is to provide the best opportunities for my client, and I will not let any personal relationship, any grudge, get in the way of it. Because I don’t give a f***.

"You think I lose one second of sleep over Shelly Winkle and Al Haymon? They don’t mean nothing to me in my life. What matters to me in my life is Anthony Joshua becoming the undisputed champion. ‘The difference between the relationships is that AJ is my boss, whereas it’s the other way around [on the other side]. Al Haymon is Deontay’s boss."

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-long-relationship-with-sho-i-consider-them-my-family--137265

Wilder: Long Relationship With SHO, I Consider Them My Family
By Jake Donovan

When all was said and done, Deontay Wilder chose loyalty—and refused to put a price tag on that belief.

Even with all of the details previously revealed or leaked out regarding his next title fight, Tuesday’s press conference at Barclays Center–which will host his May 18 showdown versus mandatory contender Dominic Breazeale—still managed to provide a plot twist. The forthcoming event will air live on Showtime, as opposed to going the Pay-Per-View route which was previously believed to be the case.

“Not on PPV but on Showtime, without the high price (of ordering a PPV),” Stephen Espinoza, president of Showtime Sports proudly revealed during the presser. “Deontay demanded that this fight take place on Showtime, not Pay-Per-View, which is why I stand here making this announcement today.

“On Showtime is where this fight belongs. This is where a world heavyweight championship fight belongs, not on a streaming platform with a limited audience.”

The latter line was a thinly veiled reference to a previous offer presented to Wilder (40-0-1, 39KOs), as sports streaming platform DAZN sought his services with the intention of matching him with unbeaten, unified heavyweight titlist Anthony Joshua.

Two separate offers made left the potential for Wilder to clear nine figures, although each contractually tying him to a rematch with Joshua on terms beyond his control. The first fight under either submitted offer would have guaranteed the 6’7” Alabama native $20 million for a fight with Breazeale (20-1, 18KOs), and double that for a fight with Joshua, who first has a June 1 date with unbeaten Jarrell Miller at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

It was an offer that Wilder was always prepared to leave on the table, as his preference has been to fight under the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) banner and the networks that come with such an arrangement. The entirety of his heavyweight title reign has taken place on Showtime, NBC and Fox—the latter two coming as the result of time-buy arrangements.

Showtime has personally been involved in eight of Wilder’s past 11 fights, including the last three. The most recent came on its PPV arm, with Wilder fighting unbeaten Tyson Fury to a 12-round draw last December in Los Angeles, California. The event sold roughly 325,000 units, the commercial success coupled with the dramatic close and disputed outcome providing grounds to do it all again.

The two sides were believed to have come to terms for a rematch, which was destined for this very date and venue on Showtime PPV. Those plans collapsed, however, when Fury (27-0-1, 19KOs) and promoter Frank Warren entered a co-promotional pact with Top Rank and ESPN.

Wilder did his best to keep the fight alive, going public with his lack of contractual attachment to any network.

“I’m a (network) free agent; I can fight anyone,” Wilder proclaimed shortly after Fury announced his ESPN deal. “I just don’t have to necessarily fight on the networks that I’m on. I can fight anywhere. That’s what so great about me.”

The news prompted Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum to present a lucrative deal to secure Wilder’s services on ESPN, for which he is the primary content provider. The defending champ heard what that side had to say before declining the offer.

From there, DAZN entered the picture, with the heavyweight titlist along with adviser and PBC creator Al Haymon, manager Shelly Finkel and Lou DiBella—who has promoted several of Wilder’s fights but not contractually his promoter—sat down with DAZN head John Skipper, where they were presented the type of contract offer that would greater tempt most other boxers.

Just not this boxer.

“I’ve had a long relationship with Showtime,” Wilder explained, although not revealing the terms which kept him on this side of the street, other than keeping the fight off of PPV. “I consider these guys my family. I came a long way with them. As they displayed my talent, I helped make their network rise (in prominence).”

With all of the money that was being offered by external platforms, the belief was that a Wilder-Breazeale clash with Showtime’s involvement could only go the PPV route to help supplement his income for such a fight.

However, Wilder—who has held his title for more than four years—was never feeling the additional cost that would come with a mandatory title fight.

“I didn’t feel this fight was a PPV fight,” Wilder confessed. “For me, PPV fights need to be those special fights, those fights you’re willing to miss your rent money to see. I don’t feel like this type is that type of situation. I’m the people’s champion. I want to bring my fights to all the people.”

And in the end, those who have always been along for the ride.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilders-manager-dazn-never-told-us-what-joshua-getting--137270

Wilder's Manager: DAZN Never Told Us What Joshua Was Getting

Shelly Finkel, the co-manager of WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, explains some of the reasons on why a multi-fight deal from DAZN was declined.

The streaming service offered Wilder a multi-fight package worth $100 million, with includes two fights with IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO world champion Anthony Joshua.

On Tuesday at a press conference in New York City, Wilder announced that he was fighting Dominic Breazeale, on May 18, in the main event of a Showtime televised card from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Finkel explained that DAZN never provided any of the financial specifics with respect to what Joshua was being paid.

“We asked how much is Joshua getting, and we were never told the answer,” Finkel said to the Los Angeles Times. “What they offered sounded good, but it might not sound so good if the other guy is getting double or triple it, and we never knew what that number was.”

Finkel also points out, that only a few months ago his fighter was offered a guarantee of $15 million, by Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn.

Wilder rejected that deal, and instead faced Tyson Fury on December 1 - a classic fight which ended in a controversial split draw.

“When they pulled [the $15-million offer] away, they said, ‘Oh, what’s going to happen? You have no one.’ We had someone. We had [Tyson] Fury,” Finkel said.

“And today, Deontay is way bigger than he was then, and we were offered by the same people a multiple of what we were offered before. Can you imagine in six months what they’re going to want?”

Showtime Sports President Stephen Espinoza explained to the paper that both DAZN and ESPN are trying to bind Wilder to multi-fight agreements in order to face someone like Joshua or Fury.

Espinoza is open to the idea of a joint event with either DAZN or ESPN - similar to how his company came together with HBO in 2015 for the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao pay-per-view.

“We need to get back to working on making these fights,” Espinoza said. “Deontay’s been getting into these discussions and they talk about four- or five-fight deals. When we made Mayweather-McGregor, UFC didn’t say, ‘Floyd has to sign with us for three fights,’ … and when we made the Fury fight, no one said, ‘Tyson Fury has to sign with PBC and Showtime for four fights to get it,’ but these are the conditions that are being placed on Wilder to get the Joshua fight or Fury rematch.

“Let’s get back to basics. Everyone took their shot at getting a multi-fight deal with Deontay. It did not work. So let’s work on what we should have been working on since day one, and that’s making the big fights. We’re not demanding it’s got to be a certain way. If the only way for these fights to happen is some sort of collaboration, then we’re not going to create obstacles to the fights everybody wants,” Espinoza said.

Kept trying to tell people Eddie Hearn was scum.

Raising the streaming price, and his contacts don't be all that.

Wilder might be able to make more in 3 fights than what that contract was offering if he handles his business smart.

And Hearn is full as shit throwing shots at Haymon. If Haymon was so much of Wilder's boss, why even let him go to the meeting?

Haymon is an advisor first. He prolly presented Wilder with a series of numbers given different scenarios and told him not to settle for anything less than these numbers.... Haymon ain't gonna block no black man from making money in this business...

But like Errol said.... Them (Arum, Oscar, Hearn), they don't take care of black fighters.

Haymon the man.... Fuck everybody else

Back