Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Thurman won the fight but he didn't even come close to whipping Porter's ass.

You right they not unbeatable but Thurman ain't beating Spence or Crawford. Felt that way before the 2 year injury break.

Word.

And if anyone wanna put the ABW dollars up on Thurman when he fights Porter again...let me know. He beating him again.

But Porter is fighting Ugas on March 9.

While i think Poter will win, he better take that fight seriously.

Porter has made many a fight very ugly but I can say he has never come into a fight out shape and not prepared. So I have no reason to believe he not taking Ugas seriously.

What would lead you to believe that he possibly isn't taking the fight seriously?

Porter has made many a fight very ugly but I can say he has never come into a fight out shape and not prepared. So I have no reason to believe he not taking Ugas seriously.

What would lead you to believe that he possibly isn't taking the fight seriously?

I just Ugas has progressively gotten better and might suprise some people. But because he isnt a big name could be reason to not take the fight seriously.

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-broner-produces-6-million-gate-11410-tickets-sold--135791

Pacquiao-Broner Produces $6 Million Gate, 11,410 Tickets Sold

By Jake Donovan

Manny Pacquiao still boasts the ability to outperform most of the best welterweights in the ring and outdraw most other boxers at the box office.

It still remains to be seen if he can recapture past glory in or out of the ring.

Pacquiao’s January 19th 12-round landslide win over former four-division titlist Adrien Broner at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas produced a live gate of just over $6 million from 11,410 tickets sold according to data provided to BoxingScene.com from the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Monday.

The number of tickets sold along with 248 complimentary tickets officially issued fall short of the announced “sold-out” crowd of 13,025 in attendance, although that figure was never offered as the official paid attendance total.

News of the live gate comes on the heels of reports that the Showtime Pay-Per-View event sold in the vicinity of 400,000 units. The figure is Pacquiao’s best-selling PPV event since his May ’15 loss to Floyd Mayweather, which set the all-time mark at 4.6 million units sold. Prior to that, Pacquiao (61-7-2, 39KOs) hasn’t cracked the 400,000-buy mark since his title-reclaiming 12-round win over Timothy Bradley in their April ’14 rematch in Las Vegas.

While his ability to move a PPV event remains intact, producing a booming live gate remains another story.

Pacquiao remains third only to Mayweather and Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez among athletes to produce the biggest live gates in Las Vegas both this decade and of all-time. However, the final pull from his most recent win is actually his second poorest performance at the live gate for a Las Vegas-based event in more than a decade, dating back to his June ’08 lightweight title-winning knockout over David Diaz at Mandalay Bay.

The $6,000,032 figure from January 19th is actually nearly double that of his last Vegas appearance, when he scored a landslide 12-round decision over Jessie Vargas in Nov. ’16. That bout sold more tickets (13,103, along with 724 complimentary tickets issued) but only produced a live gate of $3.019 million.

However, both the live gate and PPV units sold for his win over Broner falls short to Pacquiao’s rubber match win over Timothy Bradley in April ’16. The final leg of their trilogy also took place at the MGM Grand, producing a live gate of just over $6.4 million from 13,046 tickets sold.

Overall, Pacquiao has been involved in nine of the 35 best-selling events in the history of boxing in Las Vegas. Outside of the all-time best-selling event with Mayweather, his last entry on the list came in his April ’14 rematch win over Bradley.

Along with owning the top spot, Pacquiao’s lone other Top 10 entry came in a Dec. ’08 one-sided stoppage of Oscar de la Hoya in a performance that permanently transcended the Filipino southpaw from boxing star to renowned worldwide superstar.

More than a decade later, hints of his drawing power remain evident. Of course, better nights at the box office will be expected as his moves further along in his lucrative pact with Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) with whom he signed late last year after having spent most of the 21st Century either promoted by or affiliated with Top Rank.

While he had a solid B-side box-office partner in Broner, there remains little to suggest that Pacquiao wouldn’t have done any better or worse at the box office with a lesser-known opponent.

Broner appeared in his first PPV headliner, while topping just his second Las Vegas-based boxing event. His lone other Las Vegas-based main event also resulted in an in-ring defeat, dropping a 12-round decision to Shawn Porter in a June ’15 NBC-televised affair in front of a heavily-papered crowd of 8,138. Other Las Vegas appearances came in supporting capacity to events headlined by Keith Thurman (March ’15) and Floyd Mayweather (May ’14).

As for Pacquiao, the January 19 bout was his first in the United States since his aforementioned Nov. ’16 win over Vargas.

In between came a pair of overseas fights, suffering a highly questionable 12-round loss to Jeff Horn in July ’17 his opponent’s Australia homeland, followed by a 7th round knockout of Lucas Matthysse last July in Malaysia.

Tank/Pacquiao
Tank/Mikey
Tank/Loma
Tank/Farmer
Tank/Russell Jr

Dude would be top 3 p4p if he runs though that list
You right he definitely would be...but I don't know about Mikey or Loma...I personally wanna see Tank vs Haney somewhere down the line..AND Haney vs Loma

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-crawford-vs-spence-big-enough-co-ppv-event--135717

Arum: Crawford vs. Spence is Big Enough For Co-PPV Event

By Victor Salazar

New York - While the options were limited for pound for pound star Terence Crawford within his own promotional circle, his handlers knew it was going to take some creative angles to get him the marquee fights. Enter Amir Khan (33-4, 20 KO’s).

Khan was mulling offers between fighting Crawford (34-0, 25 KO’s) and Kell Brook - but essentially a fight for his legacy was too much to pass up.

Crawford’s promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, has made strides at reaching on the other side of the street as many like to call it when talking about Premier Boxing Champions fighters.

Most of the bigger names in the welterweight division are found within the Premier Boxing Champions stable. Arum reached out for Danny Garcia and reportedly offered the Crawford fight for $3 million, which Garcia turned down according to reports.

Arum says he will keep trying but the onus is not on him to accept.

“It’s up to them,” Arum said when discussing the offers sent to Danny Garcia.

“We reached out before this fight. We reached out to Danny Garcia and we offered him a lot more money than he’s getting in his fight and he said no. We don’t have the right to force them to take the fight. I look at Porter and Danny Garcia and Thurman as being average guys and not better than the guys I have. I think my Eastern Europeans would beat those guys.”

Arum is referring to his fighter. The one fighter Arum think is elite within the PBC is Errol Spence. He feels that fight is going to be the easiest to make.

"I think the best welterweight is Spence,” stated Arum. “Let’s see what happens with Spence and Garcia and see if Spence will do the fight. Of all the fights, that is the easiest to make. Why? Because you do that fight, we do that fight like Mayweather-Pacquiao, where the two companies distribute and then you’ll have the benefit of the ESPN megaphone. That fight would do tremendous numbers.”

Spence has a pay-per-view fight of his own next against Mikey Garcia in March.

Arum doubled down on his sentiments about a co-pay-per-view should both fighters win their upcoming assignments.

“I think it’s that big," Arum said.

This shit is crazy to me.

As boxing fans. Yall niggas really saying yall want to see a rematch of Floyd vs Manny?

I don't want to see that shit at all. Them niggas just in the way honestly of these young fighters. Some of the young fighters aren't doing themselves any favors either. They fucking themselves over by only fighting once a year and then they don't even fight the best possible person they could fight. That ain't always on the fighter but majority of it is.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-advises-whyte-eliminate-hearn-sign-with-pbc--135917

Wilder Advises Whyte To Eliminate Hearn, Sign With PBC

WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder has advised top contender Dillian Whyte to walk away from his promoter of the last few years, Eddie Hearn, in favor of a promotional pact with powerful advise Al Haymon and the Premier Boxing Champions banner.

Whyte, who claims to be a free agent, was recently in the United States and held talks with several parties - including PBC - about his future.

In the last few days, Whyte has voiced his frustrations with being offered what he felt was less than desirable money to fight WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua in a rematch at Wembley Stadium in London.

Joshua is by far the biggest star in Hearn's vast stable of boxers.

There are many possible opponents on the other side of the street.

Haymon has several heavyweights under the PBC brand - like Wilder, Andy Ruiz, Luis Ortiz, Dominic Breazeale, Charles Martin, Adam Kownacki, Joe Joyce, Efe Ajagba and several others.

Haymon also has no shortage of television dates, with content deals in place with Showtime, Fox Sports and ITV in the UK.

Wilder believes a move to PBC will change Whyte's career for the better.

"I think that will be the best decision [signing for PBC] that he will ever make in his career," Wilder told Barbershop Conversations.

"There’s nothing like America, nothing like being here in America, and getting in front of American fans. I think that will be a great move for him and move him more closer to getting the fight with me than anything. We will see what happens."

Whyte was in action three times in 2018, with a vicious knockout of Lucas Browne, a twelve round decision of former world champion Joseph Parker, and then another brutal knockout in December when he put away Dereck Chisora in their rematch.

https://www.boxingscene.com/andy-ruiz-inks-agreement-with-al-haymon-heads-pbc--135305

Andy Ruiz Inks Agreement With Al Haymon, Heads To PBC
By Rick Reeno

BoxingScene.com has been advised by sources that heavyweight contender Andy Ruiz (31-1, 20 KOs) has signed on with powerful adviser Al Haymon.

Haymon works with well over a 100 other fighters and is the founder of Premier Boxing Champions, who have content deals with Showtime and Fox Sports.

Ruiz, who is trained by Manny Robles, was last seen in the ring back in July of 218 when he won a ten round unanimous decision over veteran Kevin Johnson.

According to sources, Ruiz bought out the remainder of his promotional agreement with Top Rank.

Haymon has numerous heavyweight fighters under his banner, including WBC world champion Deontay Wilder, Dominic Breazeale, Efe Ajagba, Joe Joyce, Gerald Washington, Charles Martin, Adam Kownacki, Michael Hunter, Luis Ortiz and several others.

In his biggest fight to date, Ruiz traveled to New Zealand in December of 2016 to fight for the vacant WBO heavyweight title - and lost a razor close twelve round unanimous decision to a then undefeated Joseph Parker. Ruiz and his trainer at the time, Abel Sanchez, felt they were robbed on the cards.

He was then inactive until March 2018.

Ruiz has power and fast hands, but the biggest criticism on the fighter is his weight - which goes up and down from year to year. Over the last few years, Ruiz's weight has ranged from 272 to 248. He weighed 252 for his fight with Johnson.

WhichAltruisticBasil-size_restricted.gif

That fight was one sided as hell, that knockout was brutal

Straight jaw disrespect lol.

Nigga talking than got bodied. He did the flip and hit him with the home run swing on that nigga lol

Edit

Last edited:
Back