Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Black Web Boxing Corner

Holy shit,

First fight was a first round ko

I'm watching the second fight now. I read l was supposed to be napping before work, but that dudes are brawling. Blood and guts

Fight night!
http://www.premierboxingchampions.c...t-overlook-cruz-first-135-pound-title-defense
Weigh-in_Easter-Cruz_2-9-17.jpg

Easter not about to overlook Cruz in first 135-pound title defense
FEB 09, 2017 BY LEM SATTERFIELD
Robert Easter Jr. (18-0, 14 KOs) insists Luis Cruz (22-4-1, 16 KOs) will have his utmost respect when the two slug it out Friday night at the Huntington Center in the champion’s lifelong hometown of Toledo, Ohio (Bounce TV, 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT).

At Thursday’s weigh-in, Easter hit the scales at 134 pounds, while Cruz came in at 134½.

“Cruz is dangerous and not to be underestimated,” said Easter, who expects a sellout crowd to be cheering him on in his first fight as a world champion. “Cruz has two fists like every opponent.

“Now, I will say he’s nothing I haven’t seen. But when you go looking for a knockout, that’s when you make a lot of mistakes. I’ll stick to my game plan, and if I do that, a knockout will come."

“ If I go in there and do what I expect to do, Luis Cruz will be outta there in the early rounds. I’ll do my best to get him outta there, but if I don’t, I’ll certainly outclass him. ”Robert Easter Jr., 135-pound world champion
Easter is coming off the most significant yet most difficult victory of his four-plus year career.

Facing fellow undefeated knockout artist Richard Commey on September 9, Easter rose from a disputed eighth-round knockdown to eke out a split decision in a Fight of the Year-caliber showdown for a vacant 135-pound title.

In going the distance against Commey, Easter ended a five-fight stoppage streak during which he fought a combined 18 rounds.

Now he’ll face an opponent who has been stopped just once in his seven-year career: In July 2015, Cruz lost by ninth-round knockout to Edner Cherry.

However, the 31-year-old Puerto Rican did get dropped once each in the eighth and ninth rounds of his last fight, a split draw against Ivan Redkach in April.

“If I go in there and do what I expect to do, Luis Cruz will be outta there in the early rounds,” Easter said. “I’ll do my best to get him outta there, but if I don’t, I’ll certainly outclass him.”

Cruz scored 15 knockouts on his way to a 19-0 record that included a unanimous decision over two-time title challenger Martin Honorio (April 2011) and a sixth-round TKO of three-time title challenger Antonio Davis (September 2011).

But then came a slump that saw Cruz lose four of six fights, beginning with a 10-round majority decision setback to eventual three-time title challenger Juan Carlos Burgos and ending with the loss to Cherry.

Cruz has since bounced back with a six-round unanimous decision over Roberto Acevedo and the draw against Redkach. Now, as he gears up for the biggest fight of his life, he said he’ll enter the ring confident, battle-tested and fully prepared for what he knows will be a very difficult challenge in a very hostile environment.

“On paper, Robert Easter is one of the best [I’ve faced] because he’s the champ, but I’ve fought other great fighters like Juan Carlos Burgos, Martin Honorio, Ivan Redkach and Jose Felix,” said Cruz, who dropped Felix in the fourth round of a 10-round unanimous decision loss in September 2012. “I think they’re on the same level or maybe even better than Easter.

“I know that I’m well prepared mentally and physically for this fight. I will not focus on his hometown fans. I will come out with a victory and return to Puerto Rico as a champion.”

For full coverage of Easter vs Cruz, hit up our fight page.

Roy Jones is about to fight. There are free streams all over the internet,,I just shared one Facebook

Roy Jones looked good tonight...

He worked his jab, and used good foot work to control the ring, stayed off the ropes...

I was impressed

http://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/39094500
WBO world welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will fight Great Britain's Amir Khan on 23 April.

The bout has been arranged after Pacquiao's followers on Twitter voted Khan as the opponent they would like to see the Filipino fight next.

"This is what the fans wanted," Pacquiao, 38, said on social media.

Khan, 30, also confirmed the fight but, although Pacquiao has said his next fight would be in the United Arab Emirates, no venue has been announced.

Speaking on a social media video, Khan said the UK, Dubai and US were being looked at as possible locations and that they "should find out in the next couple of days".

The Briton, who won silver as a lightweight at the 2004 Olympics, beat compatriot Kell Brook, Australia's Jeff Horn and American Terence Crawford with 48% of the vote carried out by Pacquiao.

Khan's last fight was in May 2016 when he was knocked out by Mexican Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez.

Six-weight world champion Pacquiao retired in April last year but returned to claim his belt by beating Jessie Vargas in November.

Some of your information will be collected when you use this feature. Find out more

upload_2017-2-27_16-21-55.gif
Analysis
BBC Sport's Luke Reddy

Khan's typically fast work will come up against a man who - in his prime, at least - dazzled the world with his own hand speed.

Pacquiao of course is still a world champion, but there will be some British fight fans who would rather see Khan face off against bitter rival Kell Brook - who himself has gone elsewhere and meets Errol Spence in May.

Fans of trash talk may also be disappointed as a clear respect exists in the Khan-Pacquiao relationship - the pair have sparred one another under trainer Freddie Roach, whom Khan left in 2012.

There is no doubt Pacquiao's standing in the sport will give Khan the opportunity to take a giant leap forward from his brutal KO defeat by Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez last time out.

One point on the marked date - 23 April is a Sunday. So it does look like this will take place east of the UK, so the time difference will suit British and American viewers on a Saturday night.

Will it happen? It's a tight turnaround for two stellar names, especially accounting for the huge promotional commitments they will also have to squeeze in. If it does of course, fans can look forward to Nicola Adams, Ricky Burns, Khan and Anthony Joshua fighting on successive weekends.

I will be at the Barclays Center on Saturday night. Not a huge fan of either fighter but it should be a good fight. Errol Spence would beat both of them

Du that was not the fight of the year or even the month. Garcia got hit early and decided he didn't like it and went into a semi shell and one time has not one timed anyone in a really long time. I think he won the fight and dominated it some rounds but still not impressed. Garcia was afraid to get Ko'd so even tho he knew he needed the late rounds he wasn't aggressive enough

It was a big and meaningful fight, so to advertise it as fight of the year was justified

But yes, Keith got out early, and while Danny won some rounds, I can see how 2 judges didn't think he won enough.

I scored it 6 rounds a piece for a draw which falls right on line with the close spilt decision

It was a big and meaningful fight, so to advertise it as fight of the year was justified

But yes, Keith got out early, and while Danny won some rounds, I can see how 2 judges didn't think he won enough.

I scored it 6 rounds a piece for a draw which falls right on line with the close spilt decision
I had Keith winning but I watch it again today on TV. My seats were not good enough to properly analyze the fight. But it was cool to be in the building

Most people had Keith winning.

But I think that's cuz they were giving him the close rounds.

I gave the close rounds to danny cuz he was cool moving forward and throwing while Thurman was moving backwards and not throwing.

I don't mind fighters who move back, as long as they still throwing. Keith wasn't doing that effectively enough IMO....

It was a dumb close fight. Two judges scored it 115-113 for each fighter....

That represents the fight I saw. I would have scored it 114-114

Did anyone watch Lomachenko on Saturday? They are saying he is P4P the best right now and he doesn't have 10 pro fights. He is good yes but do you think it's too much praise to fast?

Did anyone watch Lomachenko on Saturday? They are saying he is P4P the best right now and he doesn't have 10 pro fights. He is good yes but do you think it's too much praise to fast?
definitely too much too fast..... but dude is damn good....

damn good.. he's a sure thing for a minute... i didn't even catch the fight this weekend.....forgot all about it

only thing with them super featherweights it's so easy to lose track of them

he's not that young either....dude will be 30 soon

definitely too much too fast..... but dude is damn good....

damn good.. he's a sure thing for a minute... i didn't even catch the fight this weekend.....forgot all about it

only thing with them super featherweights it's so easy to lose track of them

he's not that young either....dude will be 30 soon
He is destroying the 130 division. They are talking about him moving to 140 before he has a real challenger. It seams like boxers from that side of the globe are taking over. It used to just be the Klitchco's but now it is every weight division

Back