Official Black Web Boxing Corner

dasmooth1

Active Member
Dec 23, 2017
1,023
1,163
113
35
ABW Bucks
$641,256
Don't see why everyone is so mad at Floyd. He aint taking money out of anyone else's pockets. The fight popped up on my Youtube page and I scrolled right past it. People love keeping that man's name in their mouths. I appreciate what he did in boxing but the game has moved on. His cash grabs don't interest me so I don't see why people don't just ignore him if they don't like what he's doing.
 

StringerBell

Active Member
Dec 22, 2017
18,178
7,993
113
ABW Bucks
$4,077,646
https://www.boxingscene.com/adonis-stevenson-begins-speak-says-fiancee--135100

Adonis Stevenson Begins To Speak, Says Fiancee
By Luke Furman

Former WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson has started talking again, according to a statement his fiancee, Simone God, provided to The Montreal Journal.

Not only has the former champion began to speak, but he also moved his hands and feet. The doctors have now closed the hole that had been made in his throat for a tracheotomy.

"It gives us hope a lot," added God.

As BoxingScene.com reported last week, former WBC light heavyweight world champion Adonis Stevenson has regained consciousness after three weeks in a coma following a December 1 knockout loss.

Stevenson was taken to hospital for treatment after an eleventh round knockout loss to Oleksandr Gvozdyk in Quebec City.

The boxer's fiancee issued an official statement to advise media and fans that the 41-year-old fighter was awake.

On New Year's Eve, Stevenson received a visit from Sugar Hill, his head trainer. Hill came in from Detroit to spend the day with his boxer. Adonis wanted to see the last round of his last fight, but instead showed him a compilation of his last ten fights. On January 1, his promoter Yvon Michel visited him.

Steve Querry, a personal friend of Stevenson, and God showed the boxer some pictures of a beautiful house that Stevenson had built on the North Shore and he reportedly told them that he wants to "come home". But the paper states that it could take several weeks since the surgery to close his cranial box has not been completed yet.
 

Vital

New Member
Dec 21, 2017
93
35
18
37
ABW Bucks
$3,302
Shout out to the baddest female boxer on the planet tho


floyd had one one TMT Latondria Jones. She J'Leon Love shorty.. She bad as fuck.. She could be a star if she could really fight, but floyd dont know what to do with her. He needs 2 step his promotional game up.
 

StringerBell

Active Member
Dec 22, 2017
18,178
7,993
113
ABW Bucks
$4,077,646
https://www.boxingscene.com/hurd-i-turned-down-hearns-dazn-offer-haymon-doing-better--135147

Hurd: I Turned Down Hearn's DAZN Offer, Haymon Doing Better
By Lem Satterfield

IBF/IBO/WBA 154-pound champion Jarrett Hurd said he "turned down" an offer from Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn of England to join DAZN’s streaming service, calling it “a no-brainer” because his advisor “Al [Haymon] was already doing better.”

Hurd made his comments during a recent interview with Tha Boxing Voice hosted by Nestor Gibbs, and is aligned with Haymon Boxing’s Premier Boxing Champions, which has three- and four-year deals with the Showtime and Fox networks.

Hurd did not specify the timing of Hearn's approach, but the 28-year-old Accokeek, Maryland, resident has expressed interest in fighting former 147-pound champion, Kell Brook, of England, who is aligned with Hearn.

Among his considerations for his next defense, Hurd listed Brook, title challenger Julian Williams, or the winner of a rematch between Jermell Charlo and Tony Harrison, the latter of whom dethroned Charlo as WBC champion by unanimous decision last month.

“Of course we’ll go over to the UK. I’m trying to not just be an international fighter. I’m trying to be an all over the world fighter. We would definitely love to fight in the UK,” said Hurd.

“I know how the fight would play out with [Brook.] We can’t leave it up to the judges because we’re going over there to his home town, so if we’re definitely going over to the UK, I’m definitely going for the knockout.”

After saying that Hean's offer did not specifically address a Book fight, Hurd engaged in a short sequence that went as follows:

Host Michael Gross: Has [Eddie Hearn] approached you with a joining Matchroom USA and possibly DAZN offer?

Hurd: “Oh yeah, he offered that to me, but I’m happy over here with Al Haymon, and I turned down the offer.”

Gibbs: It obviously wasn’t good enough, but, like, how good was it?

Hurd: Well, put it like this: Whatever they offered me, Al was already doing better, so it was a no-brainer.

“These guys run these offers down for a reason. Al takes care of his fighters over here on this side and he’s dong such a great job with us, man, why leave?,” said Hurd. “Now he’s just got the big network on prime time TV with FOX, and you can’t get no better than that. It’s almost as good as being on ESPN.”
 

StringerBell

Active Member
Dec 22, 2017
18,178
7,993
113
ABW Bucks
$4,077,646
https://www.boxingscene.com/adrien-broner-shuffles-two-court-cases-sexual-misconduct--135188

Adrien Broner Shuffles Two Court Cases For Sexual Misconduct

According to TMZ Sports, former four division world champion Adrien Broner has a busy Monday -- he's got dates in two courtrooms in two states to face two separate allegations of sexual misconduct.

Broner was arrested back in February in Atlanta for allegedly sexually assaulting a woman at a local shopping mall. A woman told cops that Broner allegedly groped her against her will.

Just 4 months later, Broner was arrested again in Cleveland for allegedly throwing himself on top of a woman at a nightclub and forcing her to kiss him. He's facing multiple felony counts including gross sexual imposition and abduction.

As fate would have it ... both cases have been scheduled for January 7 -- and since he can't be in two places at once, he has to decide which hearing he wants to attend.

Sources told TMZ states that Broner is planning on sending a lawyer in his place to Ohio -- where he's not required to attend the hearing in person.

Does that mean he'll be in Atlanta instead? Broner has a habit of blowing off court cases ... so, no one really knows where he'll be.

Adrien is facing 5 separate charges for the two incidents ... and if he's convicted on all counts -- he could go to jail for a total of nine years.

The craziest part of the story -- Broner also has a court date in Florida on Jan. 23 stemming from his arrest for failure to appear in court earlier this month for traffic violations.

While all of this is going on, Broner is hard at training with coach Kevin Cunningham for a scheduled fight with WBA "regular" welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao, which is scheduled for January 19th at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The contest will be carried on Showtime Pay-Per-View.
F22A7CF0-507A-4B0B-AFB9-5049EF64F183.gif
 

StringerBell

Active Member
Dec 22, 2017
18,178
7,993
113
ABW Bucks
$4,077,646
https://www.boxingscene.com/mares-distances-self-from-video-directed-gervonta-davis--135204

Mares Distances Self From Video Directed at Gervonta Davis
By Lem Satterfield

Abner Mares distanced himself from an edited obscenity-laced video that appeared on Facebook on Sunday night with his image and a dubbed-over, Spanish-speaking voice directed at upcoming rival Gervonta Davis, calling it a misrepresentation of an English-spoken message he shared paying homage to his supporting fans.

The three-division champion said he was thanking fans on the 14th-year anniversary of his career in boxing, and that it is the dubbed-over Spanish-speaking man’s voice which incorrectly translates what is being said, ultimately directing the expletive-laden assault in English words that do not belong to him.

“I’m just seeing this right now. Obviously I didn’t say that. I was speaking in English and they were speaking over me in Spanish,” said Mares, during an interview with BoxingScene.com in response to being informed of the video via text.

“And then, right at the end, they said those things in English as if I said it. But it’s a mimic. The other guy was just mimicking me. He’s basically putting it in his own words, translating it into a funny version, but those words never came out of my mouth. They’re trying to be funny, I guess. It is funny as hell, but that’s not my voice.”

In the video, Mares is shown on a sunny day, standing and speaking into the camera on a neighborhood street, clearly speaking in English. The voice-over, however, is in Spanish until right at the end of the video.

“Hey, Gervonta Davis, you cheeseburger eating mother***er,” said the voice. “I'm a beat your ass, fool. Just watch, I promise.”

“The original version is in English, bro, because today’s my anniversary of 14 years after I debuted in 2005. So basically my video is thanking the fans for their support,” said Mares, referring to a second-round TKO of Luis Malave on January 6, 2005.

“I say we’ve been going 14 years strong, being a four-time, three-division champion, and come February 9, I’ll become a four-division champion -- and that’s all I say. I spoke in English and the guy’s translating in Spanish, but, obviously, it’s nothing that I’m saying. Then he finishes with that message in English, which is not in my video.”

The 33-year-old Mares (31-3-1, 18 KOs) is rising from 126 pounds for his 130-pound debut in an attempt to win a fourth title in as many weight divisions on February 9 against the 24-year-old Davis (20-0,19 KOs), a southpaw WBA “super” junior featherweight champion in pursuit of his 12th straight knockout victory at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
 

StringerBell

Active Member
Dec 22, 2017
18,178
7,993
113
ABW Bucks
$4,077,646
https://www.boxingscene.com/espinoza-now-well-start-learning-how-good-haney-really--135257

Espinoza: Now We'll Start Learning How Good Haney Really Is
By Keith Idec

One of the things Stephen Espinoza especially likes about Devin Haney is his willingness to accept steps up in competition every fight.

The precocious prospect/contender just turned 20 in mid-November. That hasn’t stopped the talented lightweight from embracing the types of challenges television executives like Espinoza expect when paying sizeable license fees for content.

Espinoza, Showtime’s president for sports and event programming, thinks Haney is on the cusp of becoming a “Showtime Championship Boxing” fighter. First, though, the Las Vegas resident must pass what Haney anticipates will be the most difficult fight of his three-year pro career Friday night.

Haney (20-0, 13 KOs) is scheduled to box unbeaten South African contender Xolisani Ndongeni in a 10-round lightweight bout that’ll headline a “ShoBox: The New Generation” tripleheader from Shreveport, Louisiana (10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT). Ndongeni has competed outside of South Africa just once in his eight-year pro career, but the 28-year-old contender is skilled and hungry, well aware of how upsetting Haney could change his entire life.

Espinoza is interested in watching how Haney deals with a legitimate lightweight contender who’s in his physical prime.

“Through his ‘ShoBox’ appearances, Devin has already demonstrated that he sort of deserves to be considered as one of the top young, rising stars in the sport,” Espinoza said. “And now begins the process of stepping up, and seeing how deep his talent really is. In the conversations with Devin and his father, they haven’t been reluctant at all to take tougher fights. So, I think this is the first step of many in which these opponents are gonna be successively more challenging, and we’ll find out how good Devin really is.

“Obviously, he has looked really, really good in his appearances thus far. But the question really gets answered when you start stepping up the talent. That’s where he is now in his career progression.”

Victories over Mason Menard and Juan Carlos Burgos in his past two fights have advanced Haney’s career. Unlike Ndongeni, though, each of those opponents had lost before Haney defeated them.

Haney beat Menard (34-4, 24 KOs) by technical knockout following nine one-sided rounds May 11 at 2300 Arena in Philadelphia. Four months later, Haney expertly out-boxed Burgos (33-3-2, 21 KOs) in their 10-rounder September 28 at Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, California.

Prior to losing to Haney, Burgos hadn’t been beaten since four-division champion Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs) topped him by unanimous decision in their January 2014 bout in The Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Burgos’ comparative inactivity between his fights against Garcia and Haney cost him, however. He also experienced most of his success within the featherweight division, two weight classes below where he lost to Haney.

Haney didn’t attain his goal of becoming the first fighter to knock out the Mexican veteran, though he did beat Burgos convincingly. Haney won all 10 rounds on two scorecards (100-90) and one judge scored seven of their 10 rounds for him (97-93).

“I know he wanted the knockout really badly and was a little disappointed,” Espinoza said. “But I think given the type of fighter he was fighting – not just that he hasn’t been stopped, but that he has been a world-title challenger – I think he was exactly what Devin needed for his career development. The only criticism that you could offer, and it’s not much of a criticism, is that he didn’t stop him. But to have that kind of showing, at his age, against a guy who has been in world title fights, speaks really well for Devin’s talent.”

Before Haney and Ndongeni square off, Showtime will televise two undercard fights from Stage Works, a studio complex in downtown Shreveport.

The three-fight telecast will start with heavyweights – an eight-rounder that’ll match Cuba’s Frank Faure (10-0, 8 KOs, 1 NC) against Indianapolis’ Willie Jake Jr. (8-1-1, 2 KOs). The co-featured fight, an eight-round battle between featherweight prospects, will pit Ruben Villa (14-0, 5 KOs), a southpaw from Salinas, California, against Colombia’s Ruben Cervera (10-0, 9 KOs, 1 NC).
 

Duwop

Some niggaz like being lied to
ABW's 2017 Male Poster of the Year, 2018 Biggest Sore Loser
Mod Squad
Jan 18, 2017
41,648
30,847
113
37
Baltimore Charm City Maryland
ABW Bucks
$84,271,666
Tonight on showtime

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/25728422/devin-haney-ruben-villa-ready-embrace-spotlight-friday

Lightweight Devin Haney and featherweight Ruben Villa are two of the best prospects in boxing, and they will strut their stuff against undefeated opponents in their 2019 debuts on Friday night.

In the main event of the "ShoBox: The New Generation" tripleheader (10 p.m. ET/PT) at StageWorks in Shreveport, Louisiana, Haney will headline in a 10-round bout against an opponent many view as the toughest of his career in Xolisani Ndongeni. Villa will make his television debut in the eight-round co-feature against Ruben Cervera.


ADVERTISEMENT
The card will open with heavyweights Frank Sanchez Faure (10-0, 8 KOs) and Willie Jake Jr. (8-1-1, 2 KOs) in an eight-rounder but most eyes will be squarely on Haney and Villa.