Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official Biking Thread

Do your knees hurt?
A little in the first few minutes. But, I have bad knees.
You probably just need to lift your seat. Your leg should almost be straight when you are at the bottom of your peddle. The seat should be right at your hip when you are standing up next to it.

A little in the first few minutes. But, I have bad knees.
You probably just need to lift your seat. Your leg should almost be straight when you are at the bottom of your peddle. The seat should be right at your hip when you are standing up next to it.
My seat is high and the bike is tall for me. My knees hurt only when I first start and after the ride but waking up in the morning...the pain!

What about compression tights?
Tights help overall blood circulation..a specific brace for the knee targets that particular area
I wore/wear a brace when I play sports bc my patella would hurt..insert a patella knee brace and it hurts less and it's also a mind over matter thing..without it you may feel as you may get hurt

get some compression sleeve for ur knees
jerrybrett.jpg

I'm about to start getting into biking. I bought a hybrid bike. A hybrid bike is a mix between a mountain bike and a road bike. Most people are familiar with mountain bikes. Road bikes are typically what you see people riding on for exercise on the roads. They usually have drop handlebars and you might recognize them as old school looking bikes from the 70's. They're not good for taking off the pavement. If you wanna go off the pavement you need a mountain bike, hybrid bike, or a new type of bike that is commonly referred to as an adventure bike. All of these bikes brand new are expensive as fuck. I'm talking like $1,000 a pop for some nice shit.

I bought my bike used for a few hundred. It's gonna get cleaned up and I'm gonna switch out some parts. I'm mainly gonna be using it on bike trails that are paved but I will be taking it on some off road mountain bike trails.

The previous owner went ham with some red spray paint over the original silver color scheme. The shop that I bought it from is gonna dip it in some black paint for me. It's gonna be clean when I pick it up. I'll post some videos of some of my rides on my GoPro.

My mama just bought her a Specialized Hybrid bike. I just got a Trek mountain bike. I wanted a hybrid but my bike is great.

Back