Welcome To aBlackWeb

AEW Thread: Dynamite- 4/17

I'm actually gonna miss the Elite as being a Stable. I dont think they can be rocking like that in this new situation

Doubt it, wwe likes to act like no other promotions exist

Nah this different..

Either they'll reply right away or they'll wait and do it later. All I know is they probably bout to go all out for RAW tomorrow

AEW
Last night, AEW produced their debut show Double or Nothing, and it proved something of a critical hit. The event closed with a bruising contest between Chris Jericho and Kenny Omega, following a scintillating spectacle between The Young Bucks and The Lucha Bros. and a massively over-delivering, brutal, bloody battle of brothers pitting Cody against Dustin Rhodes.

But the million dollar question - literally - is whether the show was able to capture the wider interest of not just the wrestling world, but the general population. Selling out a mid-sized arena to a group of hardcore adherents is one thing, but could Double or Nothing do the business where it really counts: on PPV?

According to Dave Meltzer speaking this morning on Wrestling Observer Radio, it absolutely could. Tentative numbers at present suggest Double or Nothing pulled over 200,000 buys - more than most WWE shows outside the Big Four, and four times as many as the take up for last September's All In.

That number is immensely promising, indicating that AEW has already managed to pique the interest of a whole new - or perhaps returning - audience.

Meltzer also noted that the show was trending number two on Google last night, albeit with the caveat that this did not include the Raptors' basketball game. Still, trending #3 worldwide proves the product absolutely isn't niche. Exciting times ahead.

AEW
Last night, AEW produced their debut show Double or Nothing, and it proved something of a critical hit. The event closed with a bruising contest between Chris Jericho and Kenny Omega, following a scintillating spectacle between The Young Bucks and The Lucha Bros. and a massively over-delivering, brutal, bloody battle of brothers pitting Cody against Dustin Rhodes.

But the million dollar question - literally - is whether the show was able to capture the wider interest of not just the wrestling world, but the general population. Selling out a mid-sized arena to a group of hardcore adherents is one thing, but could Double or Nothing do the business where it really counts: on PPV?

According to Dave Meltzer speaking this morning on Wrestling Observer Radio, it absolutely could. Tentative numbers at present suggest Double or Nothing pulled over 200,000 buys - more than most WWE shows outside the Big Four, and four times as many as the take up for last September's All In.

That number is immensely promising, indicating that AEW has already managed to pique the interest of a whole new - or perhaps returning - audience.

Meltzer also noted that the show was trending number two on Google last night, albeit with the caveat that this did not include the Raptors' basketball game. Still, trending #3 worldwide proves the product absolutely isn't niche. Exciting times ahead.
Damn if true it did over 200,000 buys thats crazy for a non wwe ppv, hell those are great numbers for a wrestling ppv period

tumblr_ps3n82BXfV1y8d8zoo4_400.gif

tumblr_ps44oxxzXX1y6lj40o5_r1_400.gif

All 3 main events delivered, the Cody and Dustin match def in the top 10 for matches this year so far.

Not sure how Britt Baker dentist thing is going to work out in the long haul seems to be a weird thing to focus on when it comes to appearance. I know she is a real Dentist but it doesnt translate to wrestling lol

the show was cool
highlights for me:

best friends vs angelico and evans
young bucks vs lucha bros
MJF’s promo
my nigga dean moxley showing up

i don’t mind Cody basically telling wwe “we coming for you, nigga!” but i just hope they’re able to put on a quality show week to week this fall

A PPV every 3 months would work wonders for wrestling in general, especially in WWE. That’s why NXT works as well as it does

Back