Welcome To aBlackWeb

AEW Thread: Dynamite- 4/17

As per the latest episode of Being The Elite, Mr. Salt of the Earth MJF is set for one on one action with Brandon Cutler on AEW’s debut episode on TNT. The card for this historic show is currently set as follows.
  • Cody vs. Sammy Guevara
  • Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. Chris Jericho & ???
  • AEW Women’s World Championship: Nyla Rose vs. Riho

*FIRST ROUND: The Young Bucks vs. Private Party, set for 10/9 in Boston.

*FIRST ROUND: The Lucha Brothers vs. Jurassic Express, set for 10/16 in Philadelphia.

*FIRST ROUND: Best Friends vs. SCU, set for 10/16 in Philadelphia.

*SEMI-FINALS: Dark Order with a bye, facing winners of SCU vs. Best Friends on 10/23 in Pittsburgh, PA.

*SEMI-FINALS: Winners of Bucks vs. Party vs. Winners of Lucha Bros vs. Jurassic Expresss on 10/23 in Pittsburgh, PA.

*TOURNAMENT FINAL: AEW Tag Team Championship Final in Charleston, WV on 10/30.

Kenny Omega on NXT talent: ‘They’d be in the opening match of my main event match’

Kenny Omega knows how to heel.

Speaking with Sportskeeda’s Dropkick Diskussions, Omega was asked about AEW going head to head with NXT in the upcoming Wednesday Night Wars.

You can call it a war if you want. It’s like, to me like, we’re in a completely different kind of business. I mean what they’re doing is different from what we’re doing. It’s weird, because it’s hard to say you’re going to war with people that I call my friends?”

And yet, we are going to war. And yet, when I sit back and look at the grand picture, it’s like I’m going to war with these dudes that, if we were on the same show together, the same show, the same promotion…Let’s pretend there were no borders. Let’s pretend there were no promotions. Let’s just pretend there’s just one big promotion. If these guys were on the same show as me? They’d be in the dark match. They’d be in the opening match of my main event match
.”

Omega added:

You gonna call that a war, you gonna call that competition? Go ahead. Okay, maybe it’s fun for you to do. That’s cool. But we’re different planets. And you’re going to see that right away, when you see 10,000 plus arenas sold out. You’re going to see smiles on fans’ faces. And you’re going to see real stars, not developmental talent. But real stars appearing on your television sets, every week.”

Kenny Omega says NXT is developmental while AEW has real stars

NXT made its debut on the USA Network on September 18th and it was a huge success. Many people praised the show, but Kenny Omega thinks differently.

AEW will be making its debut on TNT on October 2nd and the Wednesday Night Wars will finally begin between WWE and AEW. To Omega, the NXT roster is his friends but are definitely not competition.

Dropkick Diskussions recently spoke to Kenny Omega, where he talked about the Wednesday Night Wars. Kenny Omega thinks AEW is in a completely different business from WWE and he considers it hard to say that he is “going to war” with people that he calls his friends.

He boasted that if he thinks of the grand picture, he is “going to war” with wrestlers who, if they were on the same show, would be in the dark match while he would be in the main event. He reiterated that AEW and WWE are on “different planets” and said that AEW would prove it once they start with sold-out arenas and the fan reaction to the stars on television every week.

We do wonder whether Kenny Omega said all this in character or not. We will get to know next month how the Wednesday Night Wars turn out to be.

He aint lion either. It was the match that i was calling a classic the other day. A lot of people said it was the best big mans match they ever seen. Those mfs broke the ring and kept on fighting.

I couldn't find the match online anywhere just highlights. ill look for it again later

I love the war talk but those 2 mfs couldnt lace Omega boots. Lol I also saw one of the Bucks respnded saying something about Omega didnt have a match that weekend or something but either way Keith still hasn't did anything to impress me since being on NXT expecially after being kind of hyped after seeing his indie clips, seems to be in the same boat as when I saw clips of Uhaa Nation and being disappointed with Apollo Crews which shouldnt be because NXT pretty much let's you do what you want as far as ring work.

Last edited:
If you're a true fan of Wrestling, you most likely don't get to miss any event. Using the web is that the best way to watch a sports event when we don't have access to TV. watch Wrestling is very useful. Generally, not several helpful portals are accessible using that we can enjoy the streaming.

Back