Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

How can y’all remember how these teams were looking before Rona to decide who is going to be good contenders?? We haven’t seen b-ball since Jan/Feb

If you a real fan of the game this is something you should know about your team and have a decent amount of retained information about other teams on a basic level to be able to say what's what.

And it's only been 3 months. That's a offseason with no critical changes.

99 Lockout lasted longer.

It’s just common knowledge of NBA rosters with slight changes

For Example, Jazz were middle of the pack but with Bogdanovic which I think is their 2nd leading scorer is now out then you can surmise that they should have a bit of a drop off

I think on a basic level you should be able to know atleast 8 players on every team

What’s interesting is the sixers sucked at home this season so I wonder how much the bubble might help them.

When Kidd got rebuffed, he jumped to the Bucks, run by opportunistic New York-based owners, Wesley Edens and Marc Lasry. “I wouldn’t hire Jason Kidd if he was the last coach standing,’’ said an NBA source who has worked with Kidd. “It would be a terrible choice. There’s a reason Milwaukee is in the place where they are right now — coaching.’’

Antetokounmpo will be a free agent in 2021. When Kidd joined the Lakers as assistant, the scuttlebutt was he would succeed Frank Vogel when “The Greek Freak’’ became free. Antetokounmpo was said to be “devastated’’ when the Bucks fired Kidd. “LeBron loves Kidd,’’ one team executive told The Post. “But Giannis swears by him.’’

Sources contend Kidd’s firing was for his refusal to take input from others in the organization, that he was stuck doing it only his way. The Bucks defense suffered for it.

– via Marc Berman @ New York Post

Bill Russell: In December of 1956, already two months into the season because I was competing in the Olympics, I began my career as a Boston Celtic. The team had had a Black player before me, Chuck Cooper, but when I arrived, I was the only Black person on a team of white guys. The Boston Celtics proved to be an organization of good people––from Walter Brown to Red Auerbach, to most of my teammates. I cannot say the same about the fans or the city. During games people yelled hateful, indecent things: “Go back to Africa,” “Baboon,” “Coon,” “Nigger.” I used their unkindness as energy to fuel me, to work myself into a rage, a rage I used to win

Bill Russell: In the 1960s, I tried to move to Wilmington, MA, but nobody would sell me a house. So, I moved my family to Reading, a predominantly white town 16 miles north of Boston. Bigots broke into the house, spray-painted “Nigga” on the walls, shit in our bed. Police cars followed me often. I looked into buying a different house in a different neighborhood, but people in that neighborhood started a petition to persuade the seller not to sell to me. Around this same time Medgar Evars was murdered by the KKK. His brother, Charlie, asked me if I would do a series of integrated basketball clinics for children, which I did. I marched in Washington, supported Ali. After that, the death threats started coming. I said then that I wasn’t scared of the kind of men who come in the dark of night. The fact is, I’ve never found fear to be useful.

Bill Russell: The Celtics also ran a poll asking fans how they could increase attendance. More than 50 percent of the fans polled answered, “Have fewer Black guys on the team.” I refused to let the “fans’” bigotry, evidence of their lack of character, harm me. As far as I was concerned, I played for the Boston Celtics, the institution, and the Boston Celtics, my teammates. I did not play for the city or for the fans.

– via SLAM

@BIG HUSTLE never say I don’t do nice things for u.

"I understand that I'm annoying. I can be very annoying," said Gobert, adding that he knows Mitchell's job is difficult as the focal point of defenses. "I think maybe because he was really good really early, I've been very demanding and maybe in not always a positive way. Sometimes you don't realize it.

"Like with me, people can be hard on me and I can handle it, but for some guys, it can become very frustrating. I can understand that 100 percent. Donovan has gotten better every year since he's gotten here. I think he's going to keep getting a lot better. It's pretty much, I'm the a--hole."

@BIG HUSTLE never say I don’t do nice things for u.

"I understand that I'm annoying. I can be very annoying," said Gobert, adding that he knows Mitchell's job is difficult as the focal point of defenses. "I think maybe because he was really good really early, I've been very demanding and maybe in not always a positive way. Sometimes you don't realize it.

"Like with me, people can be hard on me and I can handle it, but for some guys, it can become very frustrating. I can understand that 100 percent. Donovan has gotten better every year since he's gotten here. I think he's going to keep getting a lot better. It's pretty much, I'm the a--hole."

Best post you ever made

Best post you ever made
LMAO, dude was about to start crying again....

"The thing is, it's a paradox, because I play every game to win. I compete every single possession to win. Of course, you want accomplishments. You want legacy. When you realize that you help your team win and you're still not selected ..."

Gobert's voice trailed off mid-sentence. Those snubs still sting,
even after he made his All-Star debut along with Mitchell this season, adding to a list of honors headlined by two All-NBA selections and two NBA Defensive Player of the Year awards.

Last edited:
Back