Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Napear, who insists he did not know that “All Lives Matter” is a phrase often used to belittle the Black Lives Matter movement, became choked up at times when talking with The Post while defending himself against the notion he was denouncing the black community and has racist views. “It makes me feel sick to my stomach because it is absolutely the opposite of who I am,” he said. “I am 60 years old. I will let the track record of my life and what I’ve done for my community and what I’ve done. … People who know me, of all races, I’ll let them tell the story.”

“I said something like, ‘I don’t know if Donald Sterling is a racist, I don’t know, but what I do know is it is very interesting that, as the owner of the basketball team, he has a black general manager and a black head coach.’ That’s what was the context of the conversation. Until I read [the Sterling reference] in The Post [earlier this week], I had to go back and ask some coworkers to refresh where this even came from because it caught me off guard. I never ever defended Donald Sterling and the charges. Not one time.”

There also was a tweet in 2018, in which Napear agreed with a Twitter user who said they didn’t want to see protests at football games, a reference to former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick kneeling years earlier to protest police brutality.
To that, Napear said, “When I go to a play on Broadway, I want to go see a performance. I don’t want to see any political statements being made or any social issues because that’s not why I’m going. I have no problem with people protesting.”

– via Mark Fischer @ New York Post

How you gonna list 3 fucks up about the same issue in less than 7 years and still act like you're innocent.

Sometimes its better to just shut the fuck up.

How are they doing the draft lottery since some teams have played more games than others and the fact the teams who in Orlando who will miss the playoffs

- Training camp: June 30, July 7 travel to Orlando - 2019-20 season: July 31 - Free agency: Oct. 18 - 2020-21 targets: Nov. 10 training camp, Dec. 1 opening night (can remain fluid)

- Training camp: June 30, July 7 travel to Orlando - 2019-20 season: July 31 - Free agency: Oct. 18 - 2020-21 targets: Nov. 10 training camp, Dec. 1 opening night (can remain fluid)
I would be cool with this. After this season get everything rolling for next season without a long wait.

I need the board of governors to just vote to kick the Knicks out the NBA.

Just get rid of the whole team man. Not sell it, not new ownership. Just kick them out and give Seattle a team so you can have an even number of teams.
Who’s your new team? Or do you need more time?

Some of the shit im hearing is stupid. 22 teams is cool. Fuck the home court advantage shit. Dont do some shit like giving a player 7 foul to foul out.

They really trying to put an asterisk on the ring

Whoever mad they don't win it gonna put an asterisk on it. It is what it is. Looks like we about to have 2 asterisks. So what.

Back