Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Westbrook definitely deserves credit for the outstanding numbers he has put up but getting assist are easier than in the past. Back in the day (before Iverson also) the pass had to directly lead to a score. Now guys can take a dribble or two and score and it counts as an assist.

Rebounding is way easier for wings and guards now due to less big guys getting run and the ones that do get playing time hang out further away from the hoop. More teams also play small now than in the past which helps with wings and guards getting boards. Not to mention more long rebounds due to teams shooting more long jump shots. OKC designed their whole scheme to help Westbrook get rebounds so they could play faster on offense.
Jason was getting triple doubles without all these advantages.

They didn't even interview a minority candidate is the issue. Not even a token one

This aint my hill to die on or care too much about but it sounds super fake when you dont even interview a minority to run basketball opps, but then say you gonna hire an african american gm before you even interview anyone.

Westbrook definitely deserves credit for the outstanding numbers he has put up but getting assist are easier than in the past. Back in the day (before Iverson also) the pass had to directly lead to a score. Now guys can take a dribble or two and score and it counts as an assist.

Rebounding is way easier for wings and guards now due to less big guys getting run and the ones that do get playing time hang out further away from the hoop. More teams also play small now than in the past which helps with wings and guards getting boards. Not to mention more long rebounds due to teams shooting more long jump shots. OKC designed their whole scheme to help Westbrook get defensive rebounds so they could play faster on offense.
Yeah you’re right man I’ll give it to you

That evens it out for me a bit

But if you gonna say this then that’s why I can’t really say players like Oscar and guys that played in that era would be all that revered had they played in a diff era

Wade better but gotdamn I hate when niggas do the whole efficiency thing with those late 90/early 00’s perimeter players. And just dismiss context.

Teams lived and died with their best player, there was way less switching. So generally if you was the best scorer you had the best defender on you pretty much the whole game. If you went 9-22 back then nobody batted an eye if you won the game.

Then another thing is common sense sometimes leaves the thought process.

If player A slashes more than player b, shoots less threes, and more closer mid range shots + they’re bigger and stronger. They should be more efficient if they’re close in talent.

Like I said Wade better but the A.I disrespect gets annoying.

This, plus hand checking was a thing when AI played and clotheslining a mfer was just a common foul.

Jason was getting triple doubles without all these advantages.

Exactly!!

So was Oscar and many more before the style of play changed.

People forget that the year Westbrook won (16-17 season) MVP, Harden almost averaged a triple double himself. Harden averaged 29ppg, almost 12 assist (lead the league) per game, and 8 rebounds. It's practically nothing to see guys almost averaging a triple double these days due to the play style change. Look at Luka and Lebron this season.

Coaches just copied what (Billy Donovan) OKC did when Durant left because they felt it was their best option to win with the talent they had. Kinda like the 76ers (Larry Brown) with Iverson

It’s depending on who you ask

Wade is a better two way player and Wade can take over games in ways that curry just can not

curry shoots better than Wade in all aspects and was the best player on the best regular season team ever

he also has two MVPs but yet has no finals MVPs while they are tied in rings

wouldn’t be mad if somebody said curry>>>

To type all this TODAY when Wades retired and Curry still has prime years left says all that needs to be said.

Not saying he didnt deserve to get criticized for it but I never thought Iverson was wrong for not wanting to come off the bench....could it have prolonged his career? Probably. Did his refusal to do so cause him to go out in a rather unceremonious fashion? Yes.....but that shit is harder to accept than people think especially for a HOF player like him who had been defying the odds his whole life.

Having a reduced role and coming off the bench a two completely different things

Back