Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

@silverfoxx, dont post that no more brah lol

re: analytics

yea, im with many of you. I stopped caring about that shit b/c there are a ton of factors that go into it. I saw a stat with NAW that the pelicans have a positive net rating when he's on the floor despite his struggles from the field. I guess the lazy way of saying that is the "eye test". He does so many little things right while he finds his shot against better comp than summer league. He takes way too many 3's imo, but that can also be attributed to a buncha things, mainly defenses collapsing the paint taking away dribble drives.

Jrue has been turning the ball over at alarming rates as well, but he leads the team with the most drives to the basket every single game. He's still not getting obvious fouls at the rim, but he keeps trying and that helps for kick outs to shooters.

but i'ma bout to go back into the pelicans thread and talk to myself
Bro I was just venting about the injuries lol I agree with everything you say. Just tired of these fluke ass injuries. Hopefully tommorow we will see alot of folks come back though!

Bro I was just venting about the injuries lol I agree with everything you say. Just tired of these fluke ass injuries. Hopefully tommorow we will see alot of folks come back though!
this all i'ma say about it

i think the thing to do is bag on the franchise for the injury history and it's warranted for the most part. Tom B was cheap in his own right and i honestly dont think he knew anything about basketball and just wanted to own something else so he was really hands off with the team and that lead to a myriad of the trainer issues the team had previously

his wife appears to be the polar opposite and is just as invested in the pelicans as she is the saints. Aaron Nelson aint a miracle worker. I think a lot of these nagging issues from older players have been there and are just now rearing their heads. I think the approach the new staff is taking with these guys is the right one. Find out what's wrong, and fix that. If them sitting some games early in the season means they'll be around later, and by some miracle they are in the hunt for a bottom seed, no one will be thinking about this in April.

this all i'ma say about it

i think the thing to do is bag on the franchise for the injury history and it's warranted for the most part. Tom B was cheap in his own right and i honestly dont think he knew anything about basketball and just wanted to own something else so he was really hands off with the team and that lead to a myriad of the trainer issues the team had previously

his wife appears to be the polar opposite and is just as invested in the pelicans as she is the saints. Aaron Nelson aint a miracle worker. I think a lot of these nagging issues from older players have been there and are just now rearing their heads. I think the approach the new staff is taking with these guys is the right one. Find out what's wrong, and fix that. If them sitting some games early in the season means they'll be around later, and by some miracle they are in the hunt for a bottom seed, no one will be thinking about this in April.
I feel you on everything you are saying and this was my EXACT thoughts when seing players like Ingram go from Probable to doubtful for the Mia and GS games. It's just that there is a slight concern for chemistry development from a cautious approach which I completely understand, but also man from a selfish fan standpoint I just wanna see these niggas play. Tired of being the butt of the joke when we have a bunch of talent, but at the same time to your point the long painful game is crucial Especially in Zion case. I trust the new regime, and I even heard rumors that on Tuesday most of everyone will be back outside of Zion of course.

Capela and House both listed as probable on the injury report, coming back right in time to help Harden and Russ son Dame and CJ tonight

Decent slate of games for a Monday

Not really checking for Cavs Knicks but everything else should be interesting tonight

Rockets Blazers
Pacers Nets
Hornets Raptors
Bulls Bucks
Mavs Apurs
Celtics Suns
Jazz Wolves
Clippers Thunder

Same night as Dan Marjele bobble head night

oh my bad you didn’t start watching the heat until bron and bosh came you don’t know who that is.
First your mans with the retiring the other team’s jersey thing and now you come in with the “you wasn’t a fan before the big 3!”

Come on guys do better

rockets org treats players badly now because they are just statistics on a whiteboard instead of people

go out and celebrate Rafer Alston or Luis Scola

Back