Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

tenor.gif

This has been the pelicans Injury report for the last 7 years though

Im not a Spurs so it doesnt matter to me bruh

But if I was I would want to start the youth movement sooner rather than later

A lot of Spurs fan growing tired of his shtick and stubbornness and feel like hes just going through the motions

I don't think he is going through the motions but I do think he is stubborn.

I also feel that if the young guys like Lonnie Walker was as good as many of us thought he was before the regular season started he wouldn't have an issue with beating out Marco Belinelli (who has been awful). When Walker has gotten tick he has looked really bad on both sides of the ball. Pop didn't have issues playing George Hill, Gary Neal, Dejuan Blair, Kawhi Leonard, Dejounte Murray or even Bryn Forbes when they were young or new and it was because they didn't play bad or scared when they got tick.

I will also say that Pop has loosened up alot with calling players out and that is obvious by how he doesn't hold guys like Aldridge, Belinelli or DeRozan accountable for being lazy on defense or letting not get calls openly befuddle them. I think it's harder for him to coach Aldridge and DeRozan hard like he did Tim, Tony, Manu, and even Kawhi because those guys don't respond well to it. He is kind of coddling those 2 in my opinion which isn't good with setting the right example team wide.

I don't think he is going through the motions but I do think he is stubborn.

I also feel that if the young guys like Lonnie Walker was as good as many of us thought he was before the regular season started he wouldn't have an issue with beating out Marco Belinelli (who has been awful). When Walker has gotten tick he has looked really bad on both sides of the ball. Pop didn't have issues playing George Hill, Gary Neal, Dejuan Blair, Kawhi Leonard, Dejounte Murray or even Bryn Forbes when they were young or new and it was because they didn't play bad or scared when they got tick.

I will also say that Pop has loosened up alot with calling players out and that is obvious by how he doesn't hold guys like Aldridge, Belinelli or DeRozan accountable for being lazy on defense or letting not get calls openly befuddle them. I think it's harder for him to coach Aldridge and DeRozan hard like he did Tim, Tony, Manu, and even Kawhi because those guys don't respond well to it.

I figured pop would be good for demar as far as getting him to up his intensity and effort on D. Kinda disappointing that you're saying it didn't happen. Would have loved to attempt bringing him back this summer otherwise but if pop can't bring that out of him it's pointless.

Not even to hate on demar. He's forever good with me but getting him out of here was big for the culture of the team in general. If you're not going hard on defense you don't play. Demar didn't have that in him and I could see now how him being a leader in the locker room probably fucked that up.

That's definitely something Kawhi left behind with the players here.

I figured pop would be good for demar as far as getting him to up his intensity and effort on D. Kinda disappointing that you're saying it didn't happen. Would have loved to attempt bringing him back this summer otherwise but if pop can't bring that out of him it's pointless.

Not even to hate on demar. He's forever good with me but getting him out of here was big for the culture of the team in general. If you're not going hard on defense you don't play. Demar didn't have that in him and I could see now how him being a leader in the locker room probably fucked that up.

That's definitely something Kawhi left behind with the players here.

Last season when he had a big match up against his peers he would try harder but playing against average guys he slacked off. The guy is really good at driving to the hoop, he is a pretty good passer, and good mid range shooter but he becomes a mental midget in close clutch game situations. He starts to ball hog and will drive into heavy traffic, jump pass if he doesn't have the shot he thought he had, and cry if he doesn't get a foul called instead of getting back on defense. He really let's things get in his head in late game situations, even at the free throw line.

He isn't a bad player but you need certain types of players around him to offset his deficiencies and we don't have those players at this time. Aldridge is not guarding the rim as well as he has in the past, we have more defensive liabilities playing heavy minutes, and our best 3 point shooters are under sized or 1 dimensional. At least with Bertans last season he was a legit 6'10" who always tried hard on defense, could legit shoot off pin downs, spot up's, and flare screens, not to mention he wasn't afraid to let it fly. Now we have Mills and Forbes who are undersized and can't guard anybody and Belinelli who can't guard anybody trying to give the team spacing.

I have been watching Ben Simmons closely this season and it sucks that he cant shoot bcos this dude does almost every other aspect of basketball so well. Such a great team player, plays great defense, sets great screens, sets up his teammates for baskets, but the lack of shooting is such a big flaw to have.

This was the same issue i had with Lonzo while he was on the Lakers.

I have been watching Ben Simmons closely this season and it sucks that he cant shoot bcos this dude does almost every other aspect of basketball so well. Such a great team player, plays great defense, sets great screens, sets up his teammates for baskets, but the lack of shooting is such a big flaw to have.

This was the same issue i had with Lonzo while he was on the Lakers.
He's having a slow start to the season. Career lows all around. He can turn it around but I think myself and Philly fans are gonna have to accept the fact that this dude is passive af. The dog ain't in him. For all the shit Fultz had to put up with the media at least he has the courage to fail until he figures shit out. Ben doesn't want to look bad in front of people. It doesn't help that Fultz is showing improvement and Sixers fans are getting nervous.

Look at this bullshit. What's the point of wasting time on this shot? I rather see him shooting free throws during warmups bcuz free throws is something that will actually happen during a game. I don't care if this nigga puts up them 8 for 24 Jayson Tatum numbers but he has to start getting aggressive on offense.

Lakers gave up a 13 -2 run in the 1st qtr and 27-5 run in the 3rd quarter to the Hawks ....Anthony Davis had other things on his mind tonight fam had one rebound all game

Lakers gave up a 13 -2 run in the 1st qtr and 27-5 run in the 3rd quarter to the Hawks ....Anthony Davis had other things on his mind tonight fam had one rebound all game

I had money on AD getting over 17.5.

This mfer has 14. Dropped an alleyoop, missed a layup, and missed a dunk. Also didnt try to get a single offensive board, trailed and was the last player on offense on every transition, never called for the ball. Fuck was he doing out there tonight?

Shit had me heated.

I had money on AD getting over 17.5.

This mfer has 14. Dropped an alleyoop, missed a layup, and missed a dunk. Also didnt try to get a single offensive board, trailed and was the last player on offense on every transition, never called for the ball. Fuck was he doing out there tonight?

Shit had me heated.
Prolly still intimidated by Jabari lmao

@silverfoxx, dont post that no more brah lol

re: analytics

yea, im with many of you. I stopped caring about that shit b/c there are a ton of factors that go into it. I saw a stat with NAW that the pelicans have a positive net rating when he's on the floor despite his struggles from the field. I guess the lazy way of saying that is the "eye test". He does so many little things right while he finds his shot against better comp than summer league. He takes way too many 3's imo, but that can also be attributed to a buncha things, mainly defenses collapsing the paint taking away dribble drives.

Jrue has been turning the ball over at alarming rates as well, but he leads the team with the most drives to the basket every single game. He's still not getting obvious fouls at the rim, but he keeps trying and that helps for kick outs to shooters.

but i'ma bout to go back into the pelicans thread and talk to myself

@silverfoxx, dont post that no more brah lol

re: analytics

yea, im with many of you. I stopped caring about that shit b/c there are a ton of factors that go into it. I saw a stat with NAW that the pelicans have a positive net rating when he's on the floor despite his struggles from the field. I guess the lazy way of saying that is the "eye test". He does so many little things right while he finds his shot against better comp than summer league. He takes way too many 3's imo, but that can also be attributed to a buncha things, mainly defenses collapsing the paint taking away dribble drives.

Jrue has been turning the ball over at alarming rates as well, but he leads the team with the most drives to the basket every single game. He's still not getting obvious fouls at the rim, but he keeps trying and that helps for kick outs to shooters.

but i'ma bout to go back into the pelicans thread and talk to myself

It be like that. Marc gasol has looked trash and has shot a crazy career low on 2pt field goals but every single player on the roster has a positive +/- with him on the floor. Certain shit you can't teach or replace. Just gotta hope he figures out his own troubles by the playoffs like he did last year. But he makes it easier for everybody else on the floor.

Back