Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Would y'all try to trade Draymond now or keep him around for the reload year in 2020-2021 when he'd be actually useful alongside a healthy Steph, Klay , whatever they eventually get for Dial Up and (maybe) LaMelo?

definitely. I believe the NBA could help the game, and potentially grow the game by being the first league to humanize the official.

i just don’t feel it’s positive to ignore that human element. its not the right thing to say but I’m ok with a missed call once you verbalize you couldn’t/didn’t see it.(of course I’m Still going be annoyed)

but as long as you were where you were supposed to be and can explain why you Missed it, we move on.

it Could also blow up in their face but I got a strong feeling the opposite would occur. I was thinking earlier how the Jump could do more for the game by bringing a little more understanding opposed to gossip. If they bringing up geeks, get the ones breaking down the game for a segment(not snobby Zach Lowe).

nba can do their part too, no matter the fallout, it helps the fans understanding.
I like the way you said humanize the official.

Yes, that's the attitude that will help that disconnect between officials, players, coaches and fans.

I know we all wanted to be like Mike growing up and that was purely from an athlete pov. These kids today all mock how they see players like Draymond constantly go at officials. I'm not sure why the NBA protects that dude so much. In high school, I don't try to be a dick, but say brah, you a kid, stay in a kids place. Don't question me on obvious fouls you committed then act like I'm picking on you. You gonna get a tech without a second thought.

I want the kids to stay in the game. You don't get these chances back but I'll be damn they think they gonna argue with me over a foul. You get 5 of them before you are disqualified. Relax and play better defense and stop trying to block every shot and steal every dribble.

I'll say this and dip unless you have anything else, but usually if I've missed a call, I was what we refer to as straight lined where the my view of the action between the players gets blocked. Think of it as a solar eclipse when the moon and sun are in front of each other. So many little things can happen in those few seconds which is why it's important to always try to get in proper positioning to see the action. I don't get straight lined often, but it does happen occasionally

Would y'all try to trade Draymond now or keep him around for the reload year in 2020-2021 when he'd be actually useful alongside a healthy Steph, Klay , whatever they eventually get for Dial Up and (maybe) LaMelo?

Id trade him, undersized bigs dont age well and you have to have certain personnel around Draymond in order to maximize his talent defensively......guys like KD, Iggy and even Harrison Barnes dont come around often

Bigs like Gobert, Embiid ect it doesnt matter who have around them the philosophy can always be the same....force everything inside and let them clean it up and erase any defensive mistakes

His value will never be higher and they'd get a pretty solid return for him

no Draymond is the glue to steph and klay. this was always gonna be a rebuild year. after 5 years to the finals they could use a long summer break not playing into June.

this won't happen but I would like to see if the warriors get the top pick they trade it to the pistons for Andre Drummond and we get Wiseman from Memphis.

we need to rebuild anyways

Nah you keep him until he retires

Trade Dlo in feb for two or three pieces that can work with the core and then you go into next year with the mainstays and solid role players and rookies

Heat got high chemistry interesting to see how another star piece would fit with them in this league maybe not even because we are back to the possibilities of one star and a solid overall team can do damage

Giving SGA full reign as PG

Maybe Having Chris Paul and Murray out there at the same time so murray can guard the guys that Paul can’t in spurts and it gives pop a better vet floor general with a high price tag though
I would think OKC would prefer young assets and a pick. Over a 30 year old...

I would think OKC would prefer young assets and a pick. Over a 30 year old...
Yeah probably but they already have assets and picks

thunder could make the playoffs this year and if they wanted to contend they could if they wanted to imo

idk I was just throwing it out there

Back