Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

I hope Jaylen or Jayson drop a 30 piece on Draymond. D'lo has been hot this year and whooped our ass last year. Thankfully we get our bigs back so our defense should be better then Wednesday. Need to take care of business early so we can extend this winning streak to 10

Thank you

got probably more I can’t think of but I rather NBA start making head ref sit at the podium after games

they such an integral part of the game, they have to speak. I believe it’s a better alternative to 2 min report.
Being an official is tough because people tend to forget it's still a judgement call at the end of the day despite all the black and white rules that govern the sport

Then, you have to be careful as an official when engaging with certain coaches because they will definitely throw it back in your face the first chance they get. Couple that with the dynamics at play with the positioning of the officials on both ends of the court and you get different povs each and every single time.

For example, on one end of the court, in the trail official. The one hanging near the coach. At the other end of the court, provided no rotations have taken place, I'm the lead official at baseline.

If something gets called at the other two spots in not occupying, I'm expected by coaches to know why my partner called what they called. There have been times when trying to establish a unified front, I'll say I agree with the call when I may have not ever even seen it, but it helps keep confusion down because they will just harp on the shit for the next series of plays long after the foul was called. Now I gotta tech him.

In high school when a foul is called, we go opposite of the coaches to cut down on questioning every call. In the NBA, they stay near the coaches to explain calls. It's weird imo but those coaches are getting paid millions. They may need to have more access to the officials imo but still need to remain respectful in their approach.

I hope I answered your question

Really good home win tonight against a solid Pacers team, Harden with 44, 8 ane 5 on 50% shooting and 6-14 from 3

Really everyone that played tonight stepped up in some way except Gary Clark

Russ struggled most of the night but made some clutch plays late with a big offensive rebound and a game clinching 3

Defense getting better

6 in a row with Minnesota on deck tomorrow

Its so weird to watch Ben Simmons disappear late in the 4th and in Overtime. Dude just pretty much becomes a passenger in the game.

Being an official is tough because people tend to forget it's still a judgement call at the end of the day despite all the black and white rules that govern the sport

Then, you have to be careful as an official when engaging with certain coaches because they will definitely throw it back in your face the first chance they get. Couple that with the dynamics at play with the positioning of the officials on both ends of the court and you get different povs each and every single time.

For example, on one end of the court, in the trail official. The one hanging near the coach. At the other end of the court, provided no rotations have taken place, I'm the lead official at baseline.

If something gets called at the other two spots in not occupying, I'm expected by coaches to know why my partner called what they called. There have been times when trying to establish a unified front, I'll say I agree with the call when I may have not ever even seen it, but it helps keep confusion down because they will just harp on the shit for the next series of plays long after the foul was called. Now I gotta tech him.

In high school when a foul is called, we go opposite of the coaches to cut down on questioning every call. In the NBA, they stay near the coaches to explain calls. It's weird imo but those coaches are getting paid millions. They may need to have more access to the officials imo but still need to remain respectful in their approach.

I hope I answered your question

definitely. I believe the NBA could help the game, and potentially grow the game by being the first league to humanize the official.

i just don’t feel it’s positive to ignore that human element. its not the right thing to say but I’m ok with a missed call once you verbalize you couldn’t/didn’t see it.(of course I’m Still going be annoyed)

but as long as you were where you were supposed to be and can explain why you Missed it, we move on.

it Could also blow up in their face but I got a strong feeling the opposite would occur. I was thinking earlier how the Jump could do more for the game by bringing a little more understanding opposed to gossip. If they bringing up geeks, get the ones breaking down the game for a segment(not snobby Zach Lowe).

nba can do their part too, no matter the fallout, it helps the fans understanding.

Just saw a report that Bill Russell finally accepted his place in the HOF and his HOF ring.

I remember being amazed reading about this years back. He was inducted after he retired but never accepted it cause he wanted the first black player to be drafted to the NBA in the 50s to be inducted first. I dont remember that players name but he wasnt good enough as a basketball player to be in the HOF but Bill Russel didnt give a fuck.

The NBA finally inducted the first black nba player and so Russ finally accepted his own place in the HOF.

Offense looks iffy w/o him at times. I think the bucks are a 2nd round team

if the Celtics can get a big I think they could make the finals if they can get past Miami

alsowho woulda thought brogdon would be so important and good? I forget he has a ROY under his belt and it’s possible he can MAYBE get to the ASG

What the fuck makes you think miami isn't a first or second round knockout? How many niggas on your team even been through the 2nd round? How many of them have even been in the playoffs?

What tf has Jimmy even done to justify the deal you guys gave him. He's been mediocre af so far.

I can't wait to slap you niggas out the playoffs.

Something told me to check on this thread when I woke up. That there was fuckery afoot.

Back