Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

I think the 76ers need a coaching change. It's more things Brett Brown could do to maximize Simmons and Embiid's strengths. He could do a better job of staggering their minutes so they don't share the court as much or have Ben and Joel play a high low style of offense which takes advantage of Ben's obvious height mismatches when being guarded by smaller defenders. Embiid is an okay jump shooter and passer so he could certainly help Ben get easy looks at the hoop by pulling his defender away from the rim and being the facilitator for the high/low action.

They are definitely missing the shooting of Reddick and McConnell when he got tick helped stabilize some of the ball handling duties so Ben could play off the ball a bit more. Philly will be fine once Brown changes his approach or they get a better coach

It makes no sense to have 2 top talents in the league and can't play them together imo. I have never been a fan of the staggering of minutes with these two. Brown's rotations a lot of times find them on the court with players that don't mesh with them. People always bring up shooting with Reddick and McConnell and completely ignore that they were defensive liabilities on the floor and it showed big time in the playoffs. If Ben is gonna play off ball then Philly needs an aggressive ball handler who is looking to score bcuz when off ball Ben is just trying to get putbacks and lobs. Too many times he will post up, get great position and throw it right back out or pass it in the paint to someone else.

I personally hate it when Biid plays up high. Sure he can shoot it from there but a lot of his turnovers come from being out there. He does that pump fake and barrels to the basket and gets stripped, charges or bad pass. He hits Ben with a pass down low just to get the ball back bcuz Ben don't wanna shoot, with the shot clock running down so he has to shoot a rushed shot. also imo Biid misses out on a lot of boards playing up top.

The main issue with the Biid and Ben is they can't get in a groove at the same time bcuz Biid is resting or hurt. I would love to see a one month run when both are in the lineup healthy and locked in.

Last edited:
Back