Welcome To aBlackWeb

Official 2019-2020 NBA Thread

Clay Bennett of the Oklahoma City Thunder delivered an impassioned speech near the end of the NBA's Board of Governors call on Friday asking for the competitive and financial plights of smaller market teams that could be left out of the resumption of the 19-20 season.
The NBA is moving towards a plan of inviting 22 teams to restart the season, but Bennett was wondering if there's a way to safely bring all 30 teams.
Bennett suggested that nine months without games for some teams could have an impact on developing players, cultivating sponsorships and selling tickets in certain markets.
Josh Harris of the Philadelphia 76ers and Robert Sarver of the Phoenix Suns backed Bennett's call for the NBA to come together for as many teams as possible.
"The message was something bigger, reminding people that some teams can't just re-open the doors in nine of 10 months and so easily sell tickets or a sponsorship without having played basketball for that long," one high-level Eastern Conference official on the call told ESPN.

The NBA's board of governors has set a meeting for Thursday to vote on a formal plan to continue the 2019-20 season, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
In a previously reported plan which would include 22 teams returning to action, the season would resume on July 31. Oct. 12 has been proposed as the latest possible day Game 7 of the 2020 Finals could be scheduled, Wojnarowski reports.

If I gotta pick one of them Zion I guess.

Emoni when he gets to the league

I agree.

They trying to push Giannis and Luka but they’ll never be the face of the league cause they’re foreigners. Not saying it’s right but it’s the truth.

Really interested to see how that Emoni kid pans out.

Btw I don’t see star persona in Zion

I see humble fun loving exciting high flyer but not a commanding presence but maybe I need to see him in a few years

he reminds me of Dwight personality wise when he came in

Whoever it is Nike is salivating. I think Ja is the only young guy they have who can sell shoes.

Jordan has Luka and Zion, Adidas cares more about leisure and has Trae for ball as a bonus.

Boogie Cousins got a kings announcer to resign because he said all lives matter lmao

From the Sacramento Kings: “Grant Napear has resigned from the Sacramento Kings. We thank him for his contributions to the team and wish him all the best.”

Back