Welcome To aBlackWeb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they should have to use ABW money to buy a membership to access certain rooms.
Ion know maybe hide the post in the candy shop like let em see the threads but not view the content. Them abw bucks take to long to accumulate unless you power posting like du.

Ion know maybe hide the post in the candy shop like let em see the threads but not view the content. Them abw bucks take to long to accumulate unless you power posting like du.
Whatever it takes.
I spend the majority of my time here in the Sports Bar. It's prolly driven by the same 15-25 posters daily. I have no probs choppin it up with them daily but I just know all them lurkers in the NBA & NFL threads gotta have something to say.

Total: 1,076 (members: 161, guests: 915)

People always say this board is dead. No it's not. Just too many people lurking without contributing anything.
@Goldie and @Mods
I mentioned this before but you should make it harder for guests to see your content on this board. Make them sign up and contribute. I don't have the answers on how to do this but I'm sure if you guys put your thoughts together you can come up with a solution.

Just my two pennies.
It used to be that guests could only see the thread topics but couldn't actually read what was going on in them.

The board not dead it's just everyone only be in at most 5 or 6 threads and don't branch out from those.

You look at the candy shop and those dudes got a thread on every ho with an instagram page that they stalk. If every poster made a thread in the section they frequent the most you would see that it's not dead.

The board not dead it's just everyone only be in at most 5 or 6 threads and don't branch out from those.

You look at the candy shop and those dudes got a thread on every ho with an instagram page that they stalk. If every poster made a thread in the section they frequent the most you would see that it's not dead.

Might be time for another tournament @Chi-town B

:hahaha:

This nigga stuttering and everything. Whatever @TonyDubbz said he did he did that shit.
tenor.gif

Total: 1,076 (members: 161, guests: 915)

People always say this board is dead. No it's not. Just too many people lurking without contributing anything.
@Goldie and @Mods
I mentioned this before but you should make it harder for guests to see your content on this board. Make them sign up and contribute. I don't have the answers on how to do this but I'm sure if you guys put your thoughts together you can come up with a solution.

Just my two pennies.

I said to have a viewing limit for lurkers then after that to see anything they had to be logged in. Then I can’t remember if this is a thing or not but there should be a 25 post limit before you can make a thread

Went full germs in my final philosophy essay, scoring table is max 40 points. Got 33, she said cause the title confused her and didnt cite works properly. But she love the work

110-1106693_didnt-you-scam-like-dozens-of-people-on.jpg behold college level Germs

In this essay we will Explore, how a Good Life achieved

Philosophy is defined as a way of thinking about the world, the universe, and society. It works by asking very basic questions about the nature of human thought, the nature of the universe, and the connections between them. Music, is defined as vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion. It can argue that questions about life arise from the emotions that evoke them into being asked. In today's society some of the best musicians, can be juxtaposed with the philosophical minds of Rawls or Kant.

One such artist that stands out more than most is so called King of Pop, Mr. Michael Jackson. Often in his productions of music, he summarized that a good life is achieved by being ethical and morally sound. Such as the song, Man in the Mirror in which he sings.

I'm gonna make a change, For once I'm my life, It's gonna feel real good, Gonna make a difference, Gonna make it right, As I, turn up the collar on, My favorite winter coat, This wind is blowing my mind, I see the kids in the streets, With not enough to eat, Who am I to be blind? Pretending not to see their needs. A summer disregard, a broken bottle top, and a one-man soul, they follow each other on the wind ya' know, cause they got nowhere to go. That's why I want you to know, I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways. And no message could have been any clearer, If you want to make the world a better place, Take a look at yourself and make a change.”

Through this it is shown that he believes that a person achieves a good life by looking within themselves and finding the humble spirit of helping those who cannot help themselves. He believes that the honor found in being charitable and righteous is the key to living a good life. That only when a person is proud of themselves, is when they can find happiness is life. With a large portion of the society apparently in agreement with the sentiment of this philosophy, its sales went triple platinum in the United States and platinum in the United Kingdom.

Philosophy seeks to understand the mysteries of existence and reality. It tries to discover the nature of truth and knowledge and to find what is the basic value and importance in life. It also examines the relationships between humanity and nature and between the individual and society. This is a great example of an individual's relationship to humanity, finding a common place in society, reinforcing a common philosophical way of thinking.

At the same time the philosophy of hedonism is on great display with Jackson’s, song Give in To Me. Here, Jackson sings, “Love is the feeling, I don't want to hear it, quench my desire, Takin' me higher, tell it to the preacher, Satisfy the feeling, give in to me, Give in to me” Here Jackson expresses that one's own ego is what's most important, love for another is just as simple as a feeling, he disregards it as well as religion by exclaiming to tell it to the preacher.

Desires are the only things that matter to an individual and their desire to have their desires met by others. Epicureanism that was rewarded, with the single on the musical charts polling no lower than 23, and selling no lower than 500k in all markets. As shown with these examples so far, multiple philosophies can exist within the same person. With a few key things in common, that being what the self identifies as its meaning and its pleasure. What evokes actions triggered by whatever emotions one feels compelled to react to. Another key ingredient is action, there is no philosophy in which inaction is an ingredient to a good life.

Even with the denial of self, found in Buddhism, there is an action required to be inactive. As argued so far, two key ingredients required for a good life no matter the philosophy are self and action. Delving back into the complex catalog of Mr. Jackson we find the song They Don’t Care About Us. Here he sings from a viewpoint of Liberalism, with the lyrics “Tell me what has become of my life, I have a wife and two children who love me, I am the victim of police brutality, I'm tired of bein' the victim of hate, You're rapin' me of my pride oh, for God's sake, I look to heaven to fulfill its prophecy set me free, Skin head, dead head, Everybody gone bad, Trepidation, speculation, everybody allegation, In the suite, on the news, Everybody dog food, Black man, black mail, Throw your brother in jail, All I want to say is that, They don't really care about us”

In this entry we find Mr. Jackson speaking from the perspective of another individual, speaking on their personal viewpoint of their equality and freedom. This is the third example of a third philosophy and the other two ingredients are still present, self, action, and now a third. Freedom. Which is also present in the other two, freedom to act in the support of self. There is one final ingredient to explore when it comes to achieving a good life. In Jackson’s song Scream, his sister Janet Jackson sings.

“Peek in the shadow, Come into the light, You tell me I'm wrong, then you better prove you're right, You're sellin' out souls but, I care about mine, I've got to get stronger, And I won't give up the fight” These words a marriage of multiple philosophies and also the four key ingredients to a good life with the fourth discovered. Self, free to act due to the “Passion” to do so. That is the full exploration of the overall argument made in this essay, to achieve a good life you need four key ingredients. Self-involvement, Freedom, Action, and Passion.

In conclusion just as its been noted in this essay there is no one way that you can be or think. To get the most out of life you have to be well rounded. Philosophy books and teachings like to exemplify an author or a thinker for what is most attributed to what they are known for. Often times when it is written in autobiographies it can be seen that a philosopher was a complex individual, whom may have introduced a way of thinking. But, by and large didn’t exist and live entirely within that philosophy. Whether or not they lived a good life, only they personally could attest to that but, it can be argued at the very least.

To live a good life, is to get the most out of life that you can, and that requires being able to adapt in thinking. With that said, in the very least you need the key ingredients to achieve a good life in how ever you perceive life. Self, Freedom, Action, and Passion are the keys to good life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back