Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Obama - Yall EXTRA "woke" twitter folks aren't real activists (paraphrasing)

Your arrogance and condescension is showing yet again. You dont get to claim what the one and only definition of woke is just cuz you feel like ur right fam. That's all i'm tryna say.

And when interacting with people that refuse to see any other viewpoint aside from their own.. it's frustrating... cuz I believe we want similar things at the end of the day.

I don't even use the word woke, I have replaced it with speaking the hard honest truth. I'll do you a favor to shift this narrative that you're trying to pin on me that I'm the bad guy because I gave a definition of the word woke and it doesn't match yours, I don't want to ever claim the definition of woke. I just gave you an example of people who knew how society worked and the reality of it.

Call it woke, call it wide-awaken, I really don't care, they spoke the hard honest truth. That's all that matters and Obama who is calling out the people that's speaking the hard honest truth is not doing such a thing, never have and never will. Which goes back to what I stated, those who don't speak the hard honest truth about reality doesn't get the tagged labeled as woke.

The only people who uses the word woke are the people who can't accept the hard honest truth nor want to speak the hard honest truth. Malcolm X never called himself woke, nor did Marcus Garvey or Stokely, it was the people who wanted to dilute the message that labeled them as such.

I hate the word woke.

I don't even use the word woke, I have replaced it with speaking the hard honest truth. I'll do you a favor to shift this narrative that you're trying to pin on me that I'm the bad guy because I gave a definition of the word woke and it doesn't match yours, I don't want to ever claim the definition of woke. I just gave you an example of people who knew how society worked and the reality of it.

Call it woke, call it wide-awaken, I really don't care, they spoke the hard honest truth. That's all that matters and Obama who is calling out the people that's speaking the hard honest truth is not doing such a thing, never have and never will. Which goes back to what I stated, those who don't speak the hard honest truth about reality doesn't get the tagged labeled as woke.

The only people who uses the word woke are the people who can't accept the hard honest truth nor want to speak the hard honest truth. Malcolm X never called himself woke, nor did Marcus Garvey or Stokely, it was the people who wanted to dilute the message that labeled them as such.

I hate the word woke.

Wrong

Again

Your arrogance and condescension is showing yet again. You dont get to claim what the one and only definition of woke is just cuz you feel like ur right fam. That's all i'm tryna say.

And when interacting with people that refuse to see any other viewpoint aside from their own.. it's frustrating... cuz I believe we want similar things at the end of the day.

If everybody wants similar things, then everybody minds have to be similar or on code. That's the division there between folks who can't accept the hard honest truth vs those who speak the hard honest truth.

If everybody wants similar things, then everybody minds have to be similar or on code. That's the division there between folks who can't accept the hard honest truth vs those who speak the hard honest truth.

youre not a black America

you ain’t one of us. You don’t see yourself as of one of us.
You don’t go though what we do not do you know

You really don’t know shit about what’s happening here

But if someone disagrees with you and the first thing you do is call them a coon, safe negro etc.. then who is that really helping. Is there no instance to where maybe YOU aren't informed on something and someone you disagree with might be able to educate YOU and vice versa?

Only point im trying to make is that while you are trying to champion these hard honest truths.. you should be more open to a dialogue.. cuz just like I dont know everything.. you dont either..I just dont like when someone disagrees or doesnt see something exactly the way others see it.. shit devolves into arguments, name calling and so called cancelling, I'm not a fan of extremes on either side of the conversation

youre not a black America

you ain’t one of us. You don’t see yourself as of one of us.
You don’t go though what we do not do you know

You really don’t know shit about what’s happening here

If this aint the most divisional shit right here. This is how this dude thinks, he'll shit on me for speaking the hard honest truth just because I don't live in the states.

Captain, from your post, you don't know what's going on in your own back yard. You try and 1 up me when it's not allowing you to read and understand what I am posting.

You quote with an attitude and anger captain. Me and you back and forth, I raised the white flag, but yet you still at it. Why don't you want me speaking the hard honest truth captain?? Every post you attack it, Why is that?? White folks and coons do such a thing.

I am all about helping us all, except the safe niggas and coons/sambos smh.

But yall dap and co-sign niggas like him. This the division right here.

But if someone disagrees with you and the first thing you do is call them a coon, safe negro etc.. then who is that really helping. Is there no instance to where maybe YOU aren't informed on something and someone you disagree with might be able to educate YOU and vice versa?

Only point im trying to make is that while you are trying to champion these hard honest truths.. you should be more open to a dialogue.. cuz just like I dont know everything.. you dont either..I just dont like when someone disagrees or doesnt see something exactly the way others see it.. shit devolves into arguments, name calling and so called cancelling, I'm not a fan of extremes on either side of the conversation

You can't disagree with facts and then spew out opinions, that's cooning and how safe niggas talk. Malcolm, Garvey and Stokely presented facts, those who were against them were considered coons and sambos or safe negros.

No different in 2019

If Obama is not speaking the hard honest truth, is he not a safe nigga or coon/sambo?? What other dialogue is needed with that?

Aint got time for safe nigga talk, coon talk, sambo tip-toe'n the line ass talk. T

Cancelling niggas is good. Obama should be cancelled. Why should black people listen to him?? You heard what he told Bryon Allen when Bryon asked him about giving Black people an opportunity in media??

Why should any black person listen to Obama?? That's division

Talk to these conditioned niggas Reem

Conditioned niggas can't help others because they need to help themselves understand reality 1st. Just like dude posted about mentoring black boys as if that's something to be praised, you're supposed to be doing that with boys and girls. He stated that like he had found the cure for AIDs, Oh I help black boys with mentor so that can put me in the I'm about my people category, Nigga smh.

Nigga mentor them on Stokely Carmicheal, Marcus Garvey and John Brown. Educate yourself, @Thor

He ain't go like that smh

If Obama is not speaking the hard honest truth, is he not a safe nigga or coon/sambo?? What other dialogue is needed with that?

This is what im talking about tho.. there's no nuance with you it seems. Making things so black & white as you appear to be doing isn't helpful at all.

And if you say that the point he makes about political so-called purity isn't facts then you're just being wilfully ignorant and you're doing the exact shit he was talking about. Saying if you dont agree with 100% of what I believe then you aint shit is ridiculous

I think this culture of what I call "thingism" is a cancer before woke. Was a thing ppl just spoke it lived it fought for it.. The word woke is derisive and I think it cheapens the engagement because it seems to be a competition a fight for who is more right its fucking stupid woke needs tobe put out of its misery but here we are.

This is what im talking about tho.. there's no nuance with you it seems. Making things so black & white as you appear to be doing isn't helpful at all.

And if you say that the point he makes about political so-called purity isn't facts then you're just being wilfully ignorant and you're doing the exact shit he was talking about. Saying if you dont agree with 100% of what I believe then you aint shit is ridiculous

I think you're asking me to tip toe the line or compromise. Neither is the hard honest truth approach. The truth is in the spectrum of black and white, either it's a lie or it's the truth. No in-between.

If you believe in GOD, it's no in-between, it's the harsh truth or it's not. You expect man to follow white code, that's why black folks are so divided now and those who can't accept the hard truth labeled those who can accept it as woke.

You're doing yourself a disservice if you're not 100 with yourself or the reality you live in to be honest. Pure honesty and Pure truth.

Obama doesn't speak the hard honest truth to me, maybe to you, but to me, he's off the mark. He's quick to call out woke black folks, but slow to call out cops killing innocent black kids and men and women, He's quick to call out woke people, but slow to call out the things that he sees being done to black people that were done on his watch while he was president. I don't respect a man who can't call out what things are, that's cowardly actions and if you are following behind that, then that says a lot about you. You're a man and scared to call out the truth, aint to much you can say to me.

If you're not speaking hard honest truth, I can't and don't respect it. You got the balls and rah rah to attack another black person or black people that speaks about the hard honest truth to these things that goes on in reality, but you can't call out the oppressor on what's being done to the people that look like you, then why should I listen or follow your stance? That's ridiculous and insane, there's no need for dialogue. You can't even condemn/call out/speak about the people that are killing innocent black people.

I think you're asking me to tip toe the line or compromise. Neither is the hard honest truth approach. The truth is in the spectrum of black and white, either it's a lie or it's the truth. No in-between.

If you believe in GOD, it's no in-between, it's the harsh truth or it's not. You expect man to follow white code, that's why black folks are so divided now and those who can't accept the hard truth labeled those who can accept it as woke.

You're doing yourself a disservice if you're not 100 with yourself or the reality you live in to be honest. Pure honesty and Pure truth.

Obama doesn't speak the hard honest truth to me, maybe to you, but to me, he's off the mark. He's quick to call out woke black folks, but slow to call out cops killing innocent black kids and men and women, He's quick to call out woke people, but slow to call out the things that he sees being done to black people that were done on his watch while he was president. I don't respect a man who can't call out what things are, that's cowardly actions and if you are following behind that, then that says a lot about you. You're a man and scared to call out the truth, aint to much you can say to me.

If you're not speaking hard honest truth, I can't and don't respect it. You got the balls and rah rah to attack another black person or black people that speaks about the hard honest truth to these things that goes on in reality, but you can't call out the oppressor on what's being done to the people that look like you, then why should I listen or follow your stance? That's ridiculous and insane, there's no need for dialogue. You can't even condemn/call out/speak about the people that are killing innocent black people.
I think you're looking a little too deep into this, he is simply saying all that internet armchair scholar/warrior talk with the condescending tone and belittling words is for the birds in one aspect and counterproductive in the the other.

Thoughts?

source.gif

What was stated was that woke means hard honest truth, and how safe black folks, coons and whites can't accept the hard honest truth about society. When that goes against the person's views who doesn't accept the hard honest truth about society, they label you as woke.

I think you know there is an entirely different side of woke culture; perhaps devolved from the roots that you described.

A culture that is experienced largely on Social Media and one that is hyper focused on pointing out potential and alleged indiscretions and areas of “impurity” even amongst those actually working to address the very issues that you referenced in your post.

They are the mirror image of the alt right and conservative culture that consists of an army of keyboard warriors whining and cryjng about every small, insignificant detail while completely missing the big picture and the complexity of being an activist and affecting real change in society.

They make things harder for all us.

Because what they do is allow conservative voices to conflate their petty, myopic, cowardly voices with the actual activism and work towards addressing the REAL systemic issues that we face as a community.

That is the shit we are speaking about in this thread.

Back