Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ny Times to do a ‘1619 project’ on the history of slavery & conservative Whitey is upset. Update: ABC will be airing 2 episodes of 1619Project doc

Well what you expect from the white european Anglo Saxon males?

In their eyes...they're the ONLY ones who shaped this country. Who discovered it. Built it from scratch with NO blood...thievery...or murder on their hands.

In their eyes...the Native Americans were intruders. Slavery wasn't as bad as people make it seem. Japanese Americans were our enemies during that time, and deserved to be rounded up. Jim Crow was necessary to protect the sanctity of whiteness. Plus the holocaust never existed.

So why are we surprised that societal devils like McConnell and Pompeo wanna continue pushing THEIR vision of history?

Maybe this is cuz im not white, praise be...but what do you lose by learning that America has a fucked up history when every country does? They keep wanting to talk about progress (that their party's ideologies have always been against but that's neither here nor there)....learning where we actually came from would actually drive that point home. But they too stupid to see it like that.

I could never be that attached to something to where broadening my depth of knowledge about it would turn my world upside down. But then again I'm black so knowing this country ain't shit and never will be shit is in my DNA.

I could see if they are pulling out points of the 1619 project they don't believe are true and give counterpoints. They aren't even doing that. They are basically saying they don't believe the truth should be spoken.
They’re basically saying they don’t want you to know the truth.

They want you to believe that caucasians are these heroic conquerors worthy of honor and respect and that this is not a racist country.

Well what you expect from the white european Anglo Saxon males?

In their eyes...they're the ONLY ones who shaped this country. Who discovered it. Built it from scratch with NO blood...thievery...or murder on their hands.

In their eyes...the Native Americans were intruders. Slavery wasn't as bad as people make it seem. Japanese Americans were our enemies during that time, and deserved to be rounded up. Jim Crow was necessary to protect the sanctity of whiteness. Plus the holocaust never existed.

So why are we surprised that societal devils like McConnell and Pompeo wanna continue pushing THEIR vision of history?
And that's that on that!

[/thread]

They’re basically saying they don’t want you to know the truth.

They want you to believe that caucasians are these heroic conquerors worthy of honor and respect and that this is not a racist country.

That's true, but it's deeper than that. If they simply wanted to perpetuate the myths that whites are the best and that this isn't a racist country, the could just advocate for highlighting more accomplishments of people from other races. That way they could maintain the spin that the country isn't racist while still being sure to focus on whites more.

They don't even want to do that. They are against any changes that don't completely misrepresent history in their favor. At this point, theirs no strategy to their actions. They're just being evil.

Back