Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ny Times to do a ‘1619 project’ on the history of slavery & conservative Whitey is upset. Update: ABC will be airing 2 episodes of 1619Project doc

Why my city said they having an event at Fort Monroe to celebrate this. Like that is terrible wording and I think it was done on purpose. It ain’t a celebration it’s a lesson. I want to take my daughter to it because she likes history but man idk. I don’t want to see some nonsense

She afforded them way to much grace by saying honest debate...

I'm a firm believer in not debating facts..

I always find it strange when folks say they are speaking "Their truth"

maybe im just misunderstanding how folks are using it.. but imo theres no YOUR truth and MY truth.. there's just THE TRUTH aka facts no? And like you said.. facts aren't up for debate

I always find it strange when folks say they are speaking "Their truth"

maybe im just misunderstanding how folks are using it.. but imo theres no YOUR truth and MY truth.. there's just THE TRUTH aka facts no? And like you said.. facts aren't up for debate
yah i dont like that term either its messy .. i understand the concept but saying that give room for some other truth... as you say there is only one truth.

This is the one difference between what Germany did after WW2 and the US. Germany accepted the fact that they fucked up for their actions during ww2 generally and what they did to Jews specifically and have been paying for it and activelu apologizing for it since. Germany also talks against all types of racism and right wing nationalism. There are still racists in Germany but the govt will come out and say we fucked up bad during ww2 and nobody should repeat our mistakes in a heart beat.

The US though? They just cant come to terms with their racism and past mistakes.

Slavery and institutionalized racism against African Ameticans is by far the biggest example but the US has a racist history against fucking everyone. The US hasnt accepted or apologized to what they did to the Natives, the Asians, the Irish, the Italians, the hispanics, and the list goes on.

The least racist country in the world is the biggest lie.

I haven't looked into it lately, but Germany shouldn't get too much of a pat on the back.
Namibians were once raising questions about how the country was/wasn't acknowledging their involvement in the genocide of Africans.
I believe they still have golden statues of Leopold up, which is like having a golden statue of Hitler IMO.
It's been a while since I looked into it, though.
They might have politically corrected that by now.

Last edited:
I always found it ironic that the political party that takes such pride that they so-called "freed the Slaves" and it was the "Democrats who started the KKK"" etc.etc.
So why is it always these very conservative Republicans who will side AGAINST and oppose African-Americans whenever we speak out against racism,discrimination,injustice,and inequality and the horrific racial history of this country???
This should be plastered all over twitter

I believe they still have golden statues of Leopold up, which is like having a golden statue of Hitler IMO.

Leopold was King of Belgium.

Belgium is not Germany lol.

That said, you're right, just not in the way you think.

Here, have an article about how German police cover up neo-nazi crimes:

Another American import, the Ku Klux Klan, also played a role in the development of neo-Nazi structures in post-reunification Germany. In the early 1990s, KKK hardliner Dennis W. Mahon went on a speaking tour across Germany to recruit young Germans for his “race war,”...

None of the officials tasked with the investigation considered racist motives as a potential factor, although multiple individuals interviewed by authorities expressed concerns that a violent racist was on the loose, hunting immigrants. Witness statements from more than one of the murders described two men on bicycles, but police largely ignored this fact as well.

When asked why police neglected to pursue links to Nazism or the bicyclists, then-chief investigator of the Munich murder commission and popular author Josef Wilfling responded, “Have you ever seen a Nazi on a bike?”

East Germany is still poor and ghetto as fuck so nazi gangs especially bad out there. The article goes into how East Germany had a bunch of racist mini-Tulsa riots after the Berlin Wall fell. All swept under the rug.

Leopold was King of Belgium.

Belgium is not Germany lol.

That said, you're right, just not in the way you think.

Here, have an article about how German police cover up neo-nazi crimes:

Another American import, the Ku Klux Klan, also played a role in the development of neo-Nazi structures in post-reunification Germany. In the early 1990s, KKK hardliner Dennis W. Mahon went on a speaking tour across Germany to recruit young Germans for his “race war,”...

None of the officials tasked with the investigation considered racist motives as a potential factor, although multiple individuals interviewed by authorities expressed concerns that a violent racist was on the loose, hunting immigrants. Witness statements from more than one of the murders described two men on bicycles, but police largely ignored this fact as well.

When asked why police neglected to pursue links to Nazism or the bicyclists, then-chief investigator of the Munich murder commission and popular author Josef Wilfling responded, “Have you ever seen a Nazi on a bike?”

East Germany is still poor and ghetto as fuck so nazi gangs especially bad out there. The article goes into how East Germany had a bunch of racist mini-Tulsa riots after the Berlin Wall fell. All swept under the rug.

You're right that Leopold is a Belgium atrocity.
Germany's atrocity took place in Namibia.
I got the two mixed up it seems.
Thanks for pointing that out, it's definitely been a while since I read up on it.
I'll correct my original post as well.

Last edited:
You're right that Leopold is a Belgium atrocity.
Germany's atrocity took place in Namibia.
I got the two mixed up it seems.
Thanks for pointing that out, it's definitely been a while since I read up on it.
I'll correct my original post as well.

You can't really just blame a whole country of people for the atrocities committed by a country. I forgot the name of the town, but Saint Maurice is like the patron saint of a town in Germany because he chose to be killed by the Roman army rather than lead a slaughter unnecessarily.

You can't really just blame a whole country of people for the atrocities committed by a country. I forgot the name of the town, but Saint Maurice is like the patron saint of a town in Germany because he chose to be killed by the Roman army rather than lead a slaughter unnecessarily.

Saint Maurice is an African revered all across Europe, but that didn't mean much.
European countries still participated in the enslavement and inflicted atrocities on Saint Maurice people.

Sounds like your point is just to say not all white people are bad.
Regardless, I'm only matching the incident with the country it's attributed too.
This isn't about blaming every individual there.

Saint Maurice is an African revered all across Europe, but that didn't mean much.
European countries still participated in the enslavement and inflicted atrocities on Saint Maurice people.

Sounds like your point is just to say not all white people are bad.
Regardless, I'm only matching the incident with the country it's attributed too.
This isn't about blaming every individual there.

Whites enslaved other whites too. I'm not so much trying to make the argument that all white people aren't bad as much as I'm pointing out that the modern concept of race hasn't always been seen as truth. Europe didn't enslave and colonize blacks because of racism. Europe did both for money and power and then used racism as a tool to justify it. A lot of people wrongly believe that Europeans immediately went into Africa and started taking over shit and conquering. It wasn't like that. Different European nations had been trading with Africans for a while. It's just that as soon as they got the power they feel they needed to wreck shit, that's exactly what they did.

Whites enslaved other whites too. I'm not so much trying to make the argument that all white people aren't bad as much as I'm pointing out that the modern concept of race hasn't always been seen as truth. Europe didn't enslave and colonize blacks because of racism. Europe did both for money and power and then used racism as a tool to justify it. A lot of people wrongly believe that Europeans immediately went into Africa and started taking over shit and conquering. It wasn't like that. Different European nations had been trading with Africans for a while. It's just that as soon as they got the power they feel they needed to wreck shit, that's exactly what they did.
Good point

Back