Welcome To aBlackWeb

NXT: Developmental or Brand?

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
This is a topic that we’ve discussed in the NXT thread for some time. It’s looking more and more that it’s going back to being fully a developmental territory. What that means for the current NXT wrestlers who may not be what WWE wants for the foreseeable future, that remains undetermined. At first, it was developmental but with NXT hiring more and more big names who were on the Indy scene it looked more like a brand but what should NXT be?

It should stay a brand, people started paying attention to it when they treated it like a brand. Nobody was watching NXT in those beginning years

It should stay a brand, people started paying attention to it when they treated it like a brand. Nobody was watching NXT in those beginning years

I remember it was a big deal when new signings were in the crowd at takeovers and they would be acknowledged

It always was and is development. Whoever convinces people otherwise is a lie.

NXT lived off of having huge names from the indies debut frequently and those were fire times in Nxt but when AEW came around, all that came to a hault. And they were trying to make a show out of 1 or 2 A list stars and the rest being C+. or D Shit was never going to be a huge brand no matter what because if it ever got close it would of just been chopped to keep Raw and Smackdown the main show...

If I was them I'd have NXT just be a more basic showcase show and really put the effort into the main roster by having Triple H take a big part of creative so the brand we grown up on can be back delivering solid shows

Last edited:
But like I said before NXT in 2014-2018 holy shit those were amazing times. The people who caught NXT late in the game I wish they could go back and relive those moments live because they were legendary from the start with Paige as champiom and Sasha, Charlotte, and Bailey being newbies killing it right up til the end of the Ciampa and Gargano trilogy. Just great stuff back to back.

Developmental even tho HHH wanted to push it as a 3rd brand

I was all in on what he wanted to do but it's like OG said they'd never let that shit get bigger than RAW/SD.

Them not including it in Survivor Series anymore kinda confirmed that shit.

I dont care if it remains developmental. My issue is the same as a lot of other people and that's them dropping the ball on call ups.

NXT ain't the problem, it's the mfs at the top of the company.

Developmental even tho HHH wanted to push it as a 3rd brand

I was all in on what he wanted to do but it's like OG said they'd never let that shit get bigger than RAW/SD.

Them not including it in Survivor Series anymore kinda confirmed that shit.

I dont care if it remains developmental. My issue is the same as a lot of other people and that's them dropping the ball on call ups.

NXT ain't the problem, it's the mfs at the top of the company.

Bolded is facts.

At this rate...that shyt might be the past.

Nah they good

Idk if itll ever be like it was though cause there ain't gonna be a lot of big free agents coming in at the same time.

They do got 2 Olympians that's probably about to sign tho. They won gold last week and in their interviews they said they wanna come to WWE.. that's why all this shit is funny cause people think these releases are gone stop people from signing. Its fucked up but at the end of the day its business man

Nah they good

Idk if itll ever be like it was though cause there ain't gonna be a lot of big free agents coming in at the same time.

They do got 2 Olympians that's probably about to sign tho. They won gold last week and in their interviews they said they wanna come to WWE.. that's why all this shit is funny cause people think these releases are gone stop people from signing. Its fucked up but at the end of the day its business man
It won't stop people from signing...young wrestlers new to the game will sign no matter what just to get on. Just like they would during IMPACTS worst times. Mfs just worried about getting in the door.

Gotta admit: the nxt and women’s champion have had very underwhelming reigns. I can’t wait until Kross drops the title to Joe

Gotta admit: the nxt and women’s champion have had very underwhelming reigns. I can’t wait until Kross drops the title to Joe
And does that even happen with NXT going yhe young route now...

But yeah honestly Karrion was still green so his title reign and matches were not that impressive to me, the final match Balor and him had was his best.

Raquel is overrated as fuck on here. I literally don't see it at all its almost laughable. She just a tall generic chick. She will be gone in 4 years max.

And does that even happen with NXT going yhe young route now...

But yeah honestly Karrion was still green so his title reign and matches were not that impressive to me, the final match Balor and him had was his best.

Raquel is overrated as fuck on here. I literally don't see it at all its almost laughable. She just a tall generic chick. She will be gone in 4 years max.

Yep. Raquel is perfect for the main roster

Back