Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Non- Black Women Wearing Black Women Hairstyle

Well. I didn’t make the thread and putting it out there like I did is wack. A simple question was asked and if you think it’s thread worthy you make under your name
I made it a thread. Just like I do everybody else’s whose questions look like it could end up in a discussion. I don’t change the author to anyone else’s and I won’t do it for you.

Well. I didn’t make the thread and putting it out there like I did is wack. A simple question was asked and if you think it’s thread worthy you make under your name
What's the difference?

I don't really care. I don't see what the big deal is.

We got Black folks walking around with Japanese/Chinese/Korean character tattoos, how I'ma be mad over a hair style that isn't permanent.

I don't care about cultural appropriation arguments because we live in a global society, once Bruce Leroy and Wu-Tang Clan became a thing...eh

giphy.gif

I made it a thread. Just like I do everybody else’s whose questions look like it could end up in a discussion. I don’t change the author to anyone else’s and I won’t do it for you.

But you LITERALLY said it’s a stupid ass question.

If it’s stupid why make it a thread?

We got Black folks walking around with Japanese/Chinese/Korean character tattoos, how I'ma be mad over a hair style that isn't permanent.

I don't care about cultural appropriation arguments because we live in a global society, once Bruce Leroy and Wu-Tang Clan became a thing...eh

giphy.gif

Good point.

giphy.gif

says the guy that made a thread about kendrick using a white woman for background vocals

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

giphy.gif
Lol niggas be walkin around with Sri Lankan hair dyed purple
😆

says the guy that made a thread about kendrick using a white woman for background vocals

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

My beef with Kendrick Lamar using a White woman for background vocals was that she was a mediocre ass White female artist. It wasn't necessarily because she was White. If had to choose to between a mediocre Black person and a mediocre non-Black person, I'm picking the mediocre Black person because I am riding with my people and that's what every ethnic group does. We know Tito and Marlon couldn't sing or dance but dammit they were family.

Black hairstyles on non-Black people to me, is mostly out of homage.

It's no different when Justin Timberlake, who wanted to be a Black man all of his life, was walking around here with cornrows and S-Curls

239e6e592665efe72cb41cd2d5146f66.jpg

I am not gonna be upset or mad that somebody wanna look like me. If anything, I rather have people that wanna copy me and do what I do than people who don't. If nobody wanna be like you, then you living your life wrong.

The issue I find that people have with "cultural appropriation" is the fact that the outside group that is taking cultural elements from another group tends to be in a higher social standing. It has nothing to do with hair or music or whatever, it's because one group is superior than the other socioeconomically thus it feels more like stealing.

But that has nothing to do with culture, more to do with colonization, slavery, wealth inequality, imperialism and etc. People admire people and wanna be like them, that's a human trait. Cultures have been melted down and synthesized throughout time. It's the way we are as a species.

I didnt know straight hair belonged to anyone's culture...

I mean...Afro-descended people don't have straight lassie like hair unless we get it from someone that can grow it and install it or alter our hair using chemicals and heat.

And I don't know where and how we would find straight hair appealing unless we come across another people that got straight hair.

I mean...Afro-descended people don't have straight lassie like hair unless we get it from someone that can grow it and install it or alter our hair using chemicals and heat.

And I don't know where and how we would find straight hair appealing unless we come across another people that got straight hair.
Everybody on this planet is capable of having straight hair. That's what combs are for. It's not a cultural trait. Our hair is versatile we can do virtually anything and our shit bounce back long as it's done safely.

Hair treatment is cultural tho. That's why white ppl that get box braids, corn rows and locs and shit look stupid cuz they scalps literally ain't made for it and they hair falls out after doing it.

But you LITERALLY said it’s a stupid ass question.

If it’s stupid why make it a thread?
Because it was a stupid ass question don’t mean everybody else feels the same. It also doesn’t mean a discussion wouldn’t be formed from such a stupid ass question. Stupid ass questions get asked everyday.

Back