Welcome To aBlackWeb

NJPW/IMPACT/Indy Wrestling News/Events Thread

Has anybody been to a Evolve show? Going on the 15th, they got a dream match between Adam Cole vs Shane Strickland going down pretty pumped for that.

https://dailyddt.com/2019/02/08/aew-signing-sonny-kiss-one-important-moves/

AEW: Signing Sonny Kiss Was One of Their Most Important Moves

AEW’s Double or Nothing Ticket Party was a banger that delivered in more ways than one. In just over an hour’s time, AEW was able to announce some major signings while also setting up some of the company’s biggest angles and feuds. More importantly, the company made some monumentally significant moves. One of those wholly important moves came in the form of signing Sonny Kiss.

Apart from his independent work, some viewers may recognize Sonny Kiss for his stint in the latest season of Lucha Underground as XO Lishus. With that said, as we all know – and we say this with love, LU Execs, so don’t get mad – Lucha Underground airs on approximately seven television screens across the world, so it’s unlikely you would have seen his LU work. So, without further ado, here’s a brief introduction.

Sonny Kiss comes from an extensive background in dance. The New Jersey native studied at a performance art school before deciding to try his hand at professional wrestling off the suggestion of some friends. As it turns out, after training at the East Coast Pro Wrestling training center, he’s really good at the wrestling and he’s kept at it for the better part of five years now.

Also, he’s openly gay.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8384896/nyla-rose-joins-aew-trans-wrestler/

Nyla Rose joins AEW: First trans wrestler signed by any major promotion company

AC789150-3B22-486B-89A6-D41BBD1FC6C9.gif

lol I can already tell y’all gonna fuss about the trans woman wrestler and the flamboyant gay dude wrestler

Shes just a small part...but a lot of it has to do with the fact they got more talented women now, than b4 imo. And NXT played a HUGE part wit that

What did you post.. It’s been removed...

Jim Ross pretty much talking about

- How Rhonda Rousey made the women's division relevant when she arrived.

- How impressed he is her 1st year, and her in-ring performance

- Comparing her arrival impact similar to Brock's

- Admitting she still needs work (I think on the promo stuff)

I just generalized it cuz I couldn't remember his exact quote. But that's the gist of it.

I disagreed wit him giving Rhonda all the credit tho. B/c imo the WWE has more QUALITY women now, than b4. And I think NXT played a HUGE part in that. Rhonda just a small piece

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/wwe/...me-location-rumors/1scay4tr5fh0a1559mqaw5k4mb

New Japan Cup 2019 matches

Every spring dating back to 2005, New Japan Pro Wrestling holds the New Japan Cup and this year's edition is bigger than ever before.

That's because the New Japan Cup 2019 is expanding from 16 to 32 competitors as the first round of the tournament kicks off on March 8 with the finals taking place on March 24 in City Hall Plaza Aore Nagaoka in Niigata, Japan. The winner of this year's tournament will face Jay White for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at the ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard event at Madison Square Garden on April 6.

In past years with a small field, current champions are not entered in the tournament but that is changing this year with both IWGP Intercontinental Champion Tetsuya Naito and NEVER openweight Champion Will Ospreay included.

Plus, there are several wrestlers competing in the New Japan Cup for the first time including Ospreay, Chase Owens, Colt Cabana, Hikuleo, Toa Henare, Shota Umino, and Mikey Nicholls who recently departed NXT where he was Nick Miller and one-half of the TM-61 tag team. Also, David Finlay was set to take part in the tournament but he recently suffered a dislocated shoulder and will not be able to take part and his replacement will be announced soon.

New Japan Cup 2019 dates
New Japan Cup 2019 will take from March 8 - 24.

How to watch New Japan Cup 2019
New Japan Cup 2019 will be available on the New Japan World streaming service.

New Japan Cup Night One (First round) - March 8 at Korekuen Hall, Tokyo Japan
- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yuji Nagata
- Taichi vs. Tomoaki Honma
- Manabu Nakanishi vs. Yoshi-Hashi
- Chase Owens vs. Juice Robinson

New Japan Cup Night Two (First round) - March 9 at Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, Nagoya, Japan
- Kazuchika Okada vs. Michael Elgin
- Hikuleo vs. Mikey Nicholls
- Bad Luck Fale vs. Will Ospreay
- Lance Archer vs. Toa Henare

New Japan Cup Night Three (First round) - March 10 at Baycom Gymnasium in Hyogo, Japan
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. TBD
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shota Umino
- Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito
- EVIL vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.

New Japan Cup Night Four (First round) - March 11 at Takamatsu City General Gymnasium in Kagawa, Japan
- Colt Cabana vs. Togi Makabe
- Davey Boy Smith, Jr. vs. Toru Yano
- Hirooki Goto vs. SANADA
- Minoru Suzuki vs. Satoshi Kojima

https://www.sescoops.com/former-wwe-superstar-joining-impact-wrestling-producer-role/

It was revealed in Figure Four Daily that Lance Storm would soon begin work with Impact. He spoke with them regarding this opportunity, mentioning he would begin at the upcoming Impact TV tapings in Ontario, Canada. Storm did stress that, at this point in time, it is not a permanent position.

“I’m going to be doing the agent/producer role for Impact Wrestling in the near future. The March 22 and 23 tapings in Windsor, Ontario, which I think are their next TV tapings,” Storm divulged. “[…] it’s only a couple of weeks away now. It is not a permanent position. It is a bit of a test to see if I like the job and if they like my ability to do the job, but, I will be in Windsor for the next Impact Wrestling tapings.”

He credited the taping schedule as a key factor in his decision, mentioning that “It’s possible [for me] because they only tape two days a month and it’s a Friday and a Sunday, so I would only have to adjust one day, per month, out of my SWA training schedule. So, it’s doable, and obviously I get along extremely well with both Don Callis and Scott D’Amore.”

Storm claims he has been watching Impact Wrestling “religiously” for the past month. Pragmatic in his approach, he confirms that “if both sides like it, I will probably do it moving forward for a while.”

Impact Wrestling’s next pay-per-view is entitled United We Stand. It will air live on the company’s Twitch channel on April 4th. The event takes place from the Rahway Rec Center in New Jersey.

https://www.sescoops.com/final-lineup-for-impact-wrestling-united-we-stand-event/

Final Lineup For Impact Wrestling United We Stand Event

The final lineup for Impact Wrestling’s United We Stand pay-per-view has arrived. This show is slated to take place on Thursday (April 4) from the Rahway Reaction Center in Rahway, New Jersey.

There are several big matches taking place at this show including the main event that will see Fenix and Pentagon Jr. vs. Rob Van Dam and Sabu in an Extreme Rules Tag Team Match.

Also on tap for this show include X Division Champion Rich Swann facing Flamita and Taya Valkyrie defending the Impact Knockouts Championship against Jordynne Grace, Katie Forbes, and Rosemary

The event will air live on Fite for $19.99. Here is the final lineup:

Impact Wrestling United We Stand Card
The Lucha Bros (Fénix and Pentagón Jr.) vs. Rob Van Dam and Sabu – Extreme Rules Match

Impact Knockouts Champion Taya Valkyrie vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Katie Forbes vs. Rosemary

X Division Champion Rich Swann vs. Flamita

Jake Crist vs. Dante Fox vs. Jack Evans vs. Pat Buck vs. Kotto Brazil vs. Johnny Impact – Ultimate X Match for X Division Title shot

Jimmy Havoc vs. Sami Callihan – Monster’s Ball Match

Tessa Blanchard vs. Joey Ryan

The Latin American Xchange (Santana and Ortiz) vs. Promociones Dorado (Low-Ki and Ricky Martinez)

Team Impact (Brian Cage, Eddie Edwards, Moose, and TBD) vs. Team Lucha Underground (Aerostar, Drago, Daga and Marty the Moth)

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/04/new-match-added-to-roh-njpw-g1-supercard-652661/

NJPW/ROH
G1 Supercard, Updated Card

Here is the updated card for the show:

* Jay White (c) v. Kazuchika Okada - IWGP Heavyweight Championship
* Jay Lethal (c) v. Marty Scurll v. Matt Taven - Ladder Match for the ROH World Championship
* Tetsuya Naito (c) v. Kota Ibushi - IWGP Intercontinental Championship
* Will Ospreay (c) v. Jeff Cobb (c) - Winner Takes All match for the NEVER Openweight and ROH TV TItle
* Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa (c) v. Brody King and PCO (c) v. EVIL and SANADAv. The Briscoes - Winner Takes All match for the IWGP and ROH World Tag Team Titles
* Taiji Ishimori (c) v. Dragon Lee v. Bandido - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
* Zack Sabre Jr. (c) v. Hiroshi Tanahashi - RPW British Heavyweight Championship
* Mayu Iwatani (c) v. Kelly Klein - Women of Honor World Championship
* Bully Ray v. Juice Robinson - New York Street Fight
* Rush v. Dalton Castle
* Kagetsu, Jenny Rose and Hazuki v. Hana Kimura, Stella Grey and Sumie Sakai(Pre-Show)
* Honor Rumble (Pre-Show) - Jushin Liger, Kenny King, PJ Black, Beer City Bruiser, Brian Milonas, Cheeseburger, Rhett Titus, LSG, Shaheem Ali and more

The Pre-Show for ROH /NJPW G1 Supercard will begin at 6:30 pm ET on April 6 and air for free on ROH's Facebook Live, FITE, NJPW World, and traditional PPV.

Back