• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Mister

Ignorance can be remedied. Stupidity is incurable.
With the settlement between the league and Kap/Reid, will those of you who boycotted the league be watching next season?

I've been kinda over the sport for a while now. When all the info started coming out about the way they were doing players with CTE I started losing interest. It disturbed me how much a lot of the fans didn't give a shit about the safety of the players.

Then when the protest started it really made me look at the fans even more of that league because many came off as dismissive and disrespectful. Then the blocking of Kaepernick and Ried having to wait so long to get sign wrapped it up. So many media members who covered that league showed their true colors with how they tried to justify why the guy couldn't get a job over lesser skilled players

Last edited:
I've been kinda over the sport for a while now. When all the info started coming out about the way they were doing players with CTE I started losing interest. Then the whole protest stuff and how dismissive and disrespectful a lot of that leagues fans were made me distance myself even more.

Then the blocking of Kaepernick and Ried having to wait so long to get sign wrapped it up. So many media members who covered that league showed their true colors with how they tried to justify why the guy couldn't get a job over lesser skilled players

This.

It's just so many code words and ways "talent evaluators" or media members sneek diss the black players in football it seems. They always try and label skill position guys like wide receivers and running backs (which are usually black players) as malcontents and divas. Now I know that their are some guys that are super extra at those positions but it's the same for QB's (which are mostly white)

I read an article about the code words used by media members when dealing with sports and especially football. Troy Aikman and Chris Collinsworth both stated that they feel it is validity to some announcers using code words and they try to do better without saying the same cliche stuff when they do games.

https://theundefeated.com/features/...ed-language-perpetuates-black-qb-stereotypes/

I've been kinda over the sport for a while now. When all the info started coming out about the way they were doing players with CTE I started losing interest. It disturbed me how much a lot of the fans didn't give a shit about the safety of the players.

Then when the protest started it really made me look at the fans even more of that league because many came off as dismissive and disrespectful. Then the blocking of Kaepernick and Ried having to wait so long to get sign wrapped it up. So many media members who covered that league showed their true colors with how they tried to justify why the guy couldn't get a job over lesser skilled players

Pretty much my thoughts. I’ll add though, that the NFL and even College Football showed that they don’t care about “us”.

Almost all of their marketing is for middle America that’s why the pre game songs are always rock and country even though 70% of the players are black.

Then the whole Kaepernick mess left a bad taste in my mouth and showed a lot of people’s true colors.

So I may not look at everybody who still watches the NFL with a side eye like I have for these last two years. I may even watch a game here and there.

But I’m never gonna be a fan and be invested in football like I was before these last few years again.

I haven’t watched the NFL for the past two seasons now. I still have people come up to me at work and asked if I watched the game or lately I’m I mad that the Giants traded OBJ. When I tell them I stopped watching, they give me this crazy look. Do I miss it, at times yes, but the way they treated Kap and the lack of respect they give to the black players was enough for me to stop. Will I watch again, who knows.

Back