Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED New Russell Simmons Rape Allegations

test

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Another woman has accused hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons of rape.

Alexia Norton Jones told Variety that Simmons raped her in 1990 in New York City after the two went on a date. Jones, who was an aspiring actress and model at the time, met him in the mid-1980s when she worked as an executive assistant at Inter City Broadcasting Corp. The two became friends a few years later when they found themselves in the same social circle.

She said it wasn’t until November of 1990 that they decided to go on a date. When the evening ended, she said, he invited her to his apartment. She told Variety that when they arrived at his apartment, he attacked her.

“It was such a fast attack. It was literally an attack,” Jones wrote in a personal account published on Variety. ”I remember being pushed up against a wall. He pulled my dress up. I must have said no seven to 10 times, and then I acquiesced. It was very fast. I would say it happened in less than 10 minutes.”

Last year she filed a report with the New York Police Department, but her case fell outside New York’s statute of limitations for felonies. She told Variety she filed the report to stand in solidarity with the other women who have accused Simmons of rape and assault.

“I had willingly gone there. I went there and I would have been intimate with him. Why did he have to take from me what wasn’t his?” Jones wrote.

Simmons responded to her accusation in a statement sent to HuffPost.

“I’m deeply saddened by this story from Alexia,” he said. “At no time did she share these feelings about her first sexual encounter with me, which took place roughly 28 years ago. I have taken multiple lie detector tests that affirm I never sexually assaulted anyone. Alexia and I dated, were intimate and attended multiple events together after she alleges the incident occurred in 1990. I considered her a friend for all these years and continue to have a warm relationship with members of her family. I believe we last spoke in 2006 when she called to express her disappointment over the fact that I had not attended an event honoring her father.”

Her father is Clarence Jones, who was a friend of and writer for Martin Luther King Jr. The book publisher W.W. Norton was her grandfather.

Over a dozen women have accused Simmons of sexual assault, including rape and attempted rape.

Reports from The New York Times and Los Angeles Times published in December featured nine women who allege that Simmons raped, sexually assaulted or harassed them from 1983 to 2016. In November a former model accused him of sexually assaulting her when she was a minor. Screenwriter Jenny Lumet accused him of raping her, and TV personality Kelly Cutrone says he attempted to rape her in 1991.

Most recently, author and activist Sil Lai Abrams accused him of raping her in 1994 after a night out in New York City.

In her essay, Jones pointed out how race definitely plays a factor in sexual assault and believing survivors. Other survivors, including Abrams, have made similar points.

“The other important part to this story is race,” Jones wrote. “Russell is a black man. We black women in the community didn’t want him to fail. We wanted him to succeed. As a black woman, we are told we have less value in society already. And then you have someone who is supposed to be a leader, and what he did to me. I was a gem. And he turned me into dirt.”

Simmons, who stepped down from his businesses last year, has repeatedly denied all allegations against him.

Is it bad that I would be more sad to see Russell Simmons behind bars than Cosby?

He just seem like a queens nigga that goes aggressively at the pussy that's offered.

It's like they fall for that soft lightskin shit and are surprised that "he lightskin but he still a dark niggaaaa"

7OXM.gif

I must have said no seven to 10 times, and then I acquiesced. It was very fast. I would say it happened in less than 10 minutes.”

Not to be insensitive, but does 10 nos followed by a yes not qualify as a yes anymore? Should this really be called rape?

You willingly went to his apartment during a date.

You claim you WOULDA had sex with him anyway.

You continued to be friends with him and remained in contact years after the alleged attack.

You report the alleged attack 28 years after the fact.

Need I say more?

Other than the underlined, I see no problem with this. So what if she went back to his willingly, so what if she wudda fucked up had he not raped her and I really don't wanna get into this again about the length of time between the alleged attack and her speakin' out. Seems to me that no matter how often you explain It, niggas don't care

Russell Simmons has 20 days to respond to rape allegations.
It's been a minute since we've heard about Russell Simmons' rape case happenings that completely tarnished the Def Jam founders reputation. The Blast now reports that Russell's recent attempts of getting a case against him thrown out was denied and he now has until the end of the month to respond to the allegations.

Russell has 20 days to respond to the judge and his argument that the accuser did not give specific dates in her case is irrelevant since “the elements of the three claims (forcible rape, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress) do not require a date of the incident.” The hearing is set for next month.

A few months back we reported on the latest woman to share details of her encounter with Russell while working with him in the 90s. Drew Dixon worked as an A&R at Def Jam when she was 24 and said Russell was all kinds of inappropriate. “He would come in my office, shut the door, lock it, and push me against the wall, exposing himself," she explained, adding: “You could say I should’ve quit. I look back now; I would want my daughter to quit. I also wanted to prove to people that I could do this. I love hip-hop.”

A total of 18 women have come forward with similar allegations.

Fuck is up with these women reporting years later and being cool with the "rapist" afterwards?

really don't wanna get into this again about the length of time between the alleged attack and her speakin' out. Seems to me that no matter how often you explain It, niggas don't care
Explain it again bruv

Kellz should've taken notes from Russ, that nigga been hiding in Bali since the allegations came out

Fuck is up with these women reporting years later and being cool with the "rapist" afterwards?

Explain it again bruv

Well i look at it like this rape victims back in the day were not always believed alot of them felt going to court was just re-living the shit over and over and with no conviction. I mean we gotta realize folks were allowed to rape a spouse until like the 70s. Alot of alleged victims didnt feel they had a voice. I know niggas think that bullshit for whatever reason. Then you add a situation like the dude being rich and influential and that plays a part.

And i know they gonna day this just a money thing but then why would she not accuse in the 2000s or 2006.

Back